Breece Hall or Kyle Pitts?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Breece Hall or Kyle Pitts?

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:31 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:07 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:52 amConsider this IF;

Pitts is nothing like a traditional TE. He ran 771 plays last season. 502 of those plays we either out wide or in the slot. 269 were in line.

His numbers usage is more like Kelce but Pitts has the speed to line up outside as well. Kelce ran 546 plays out wide or in the slot (519 Slot) and 370 in line.

I am using Kelce to show you that is how he is being used except Pitts is so fast they actually lined him up outside like an X 116 of those 502 times he played more of a receiver role.

The biggest mistake I see with Pitts is ff owners trying to pigeonhole him as a TE when he is as close to a position less player on offense in the NFL as anyone in the game today.

He should be valued way beyond a traditional TE role given he lines up effectively all over the field and in just learning all those positions at the highest level. He blew past Kelce and Gonzo's rookie receiving records. Neither of those players even had 1000 yards receiving until year 4 where they both finally broke through. The only TE in history he couldn't quite chase down was Ditka's 1961 record.
That's exactly what I'm saying! :P

In order for Pitts to be worth his valuation, he has to do something that has never been done before. That's what you're saying. You're saying he's going to be the most prolific TE ever. You're saying he's going to consistently put up WR1 stats from the TE position, season after season after season.

I agree those are the IFs Pitts has to achieve to be worth his valuation. I disagree that his rookie season guarantees he achieves those IFs.

Basically, that means Pitts will be the TE1 year after year after year, because any year that he's not TE1-2 he is TE3/TE4/TE5 and he'll stumble to 800yds/4TDs and be Goedert's twin. And if Pitts is not TE1-2 year after year he will be a total bust - because how can a TE not be a bust if someone drafted him over Najee/Chase/Javonte/Waddle/etc and he turns out to be an stats-average T5TE?

I love Pitts' talent, but too much has to go right in his career (that he doesn't control) for him to be worth his current valuation.
What I am saying is Pitts the more valuable asset today as his talent is already exceptional an his upside is obvious.

BTW, Nobody is worth a lofty valuation if they don't produce.

The fact he is classified a TE makes him even more valuable not less because he is already showing elite WR upside. He was 5th in the league in yards per reception of all players with 60 plus receptions.

The nuance difference here is you are trying to view him as a TE that MUST be #1 every year and I am viewing him as a legit stud fantasy receiving asset that will go over 1000 yards with regularity barring injury because he plays multiple receiving positions and should be a plug and play starter for the next decade or more.

Pitts is probably a top 10 startup dynasty player in basic ppr startups at this point. He will be ranked higher than any rookie in this draft at this point.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:39 pm

So the choice is between:

A 21 year old second year player who was drafted 4th overall in the NFL and had historic production in his rookie year in the hardest to fill position in fantasy line-ups
vs.
A player that has never been played a down in the NFL and is not assured to be a true bellcow, would likely not have been a top 3 pick in rookie drafts in 2021 or top 5ish in 2023, basically fell into the 1.01 due to a poor class, at a position that can be hard to fill but is the shortest life span of any NFL position.

And somehow people actually want the second player because there is not 100% known that player 1 will be THE GOAT TE. :wtf:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:44 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:39 pm So the choice is between:

A 21 year old second year player who was drafted 4th overall in the NFL and had historic production in his rookie year in the hardest to fill position in fantasy line-ups
vs.
A player that has never been played a down in the NFL and is not assured to be a true bellcow, would likely not have been a top 3 pick in rookie drafts in 2021 or top 5ish in 2023, basically fell into the 1.01 due to a poor class, at a position that can be hard to fill but is the shortest life span of any NFL position.

And somehow people actually want the second player because there is not 100% known that player 1 will be THE GOAT TE. :wtf:
Matt Forte vs Tony Gonzalez vs Kellen Winslow.