2022 Coaching Carousel

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2022 Coaching Carousel

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:00 pm

I think Flores is a very good coach and im not sure what Miami is doing BUT i will say this he seems to get pumped up a bit by the national media because he can beat the Pats. A lot of belichick assistants and players (Vrabel) can beat the Pats and the Pats Flores has faced arent exactly the Brady era Pats. Would the media really be in this much of a rage over his firing had he not just had that W vs the Pats? Im not so sure they would be. Perhaps my take is too Patriots centric but i think it does play into it. I really dont think this is good news for Tua even if Flores didnt like him. Having head coaching changes for young developing QBs is a death knell to many of them, so we shall see.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:15 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:00 pm I think Flores is a very good coach and im not sure what Miami is doing BUT i will say this he seems to get pumped up a bit by the national media because he can beat the Pats. A lot of belichick assistants and players (Vrabel) can beat the Pats and the Pats Flores has faced arent exactly the Brady era Pats. Would the media really be in this much of a rage over his firing had he not just had that W vs the Pats? Im not so sure they would be. Perhaps my take is too Patriots centric but i think it does play into it. I really dont think this is good news for Tua even if Flores didnt like him. Having head coaching changes for young developing QBs is a death knell to many of them, so we shall see.
Its a perennial playoff team that is 25-15 vs the Dolphins since 2000. 1-3 (0-3 vs Tua) so yeah it matters. Flores gave us back to back winning seasons for the first time since 2003. That is the shock of it really. Everyone is shocked the front office issues were so much worse than anyone knew. That is really the big uproar, media hates finding out they didn't know stuff they thought they did.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:16 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:00 pm I think Flores is a very good coach and im not sure what Miami is doing BUT i will say this he seems to get pumped up a bit by the national media because he can beat the Pats. A lot of belichick assistants and players (Vrabel) can beat the Pats and the Pats Flores has faced arent exactly the Brady era Pats. Would the media really be in this much of a rage over his firing had he not just had that W vs the Pats? Im not so sure they would be. Perhaps my take is too Patriots centric but i think it does play into it. I really dont think this is good news for Tua even if Flores didnt like him. Having head coaching changes for young developing QBs is a death knell to many of them, so we shall see.
Might also be a function of very few truly good-great QBs, and few quality coaches that can develop QBs.

I just dont know how else to justify firing a guy that is 19-14 over two years when he inherited a team that was a winning team once in the three years prior to him showing up. Other than there was internal conflict, and if there was, too bad, the owner made his decision and some other team can get a solid coach to take over :whistle:
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:23 pm

He apparently was generating a lot of friction inside the facility. Keep in mind he had 4 OCs in 4 years. That's a red flag right there.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:42 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:23 pm He apparently was generating a lot of friction inside the facility. Keep in mind he had 4 OCs in 4 years. That's a red flag right there.
Devils advocate, though: Chris Grier has been with the Dolphins organisation since 2000, Director of Scouting from 2007-2016, and the Dolphins GM since 2016, where he has presided over such greatest hits as:

- The Adam Gase era
- Trading away Ryan Tannehill
- Managing to have a bottom-10 Offensive Line in every year he's been on the job despite spending picks on it frequently
- Drafting Tua over Herbert
- Drafting Waddle over Penei Sewell

If I was Brian Flores, and I knew that I either wanted control over this guy OR a chance to go and do something else where I had more power - I would do the exact play he reportedly did, and go after this "Sacred Cow" of the Dolphins organisation.

Grier has survived for a LONG time in this stew of mediocrity, and he has passed off the buck successfully with each power struggle as not being his fault. It's hard to say that he's earned this sort of vote of confidence with his performance to date, imo.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:37 pm

Giants have fired Joe Judge.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:44 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:37 pm Giants have fired Joe Judge.
As a Cowboy fan I am sad to hear this! :(
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:45 pm

Flores came down to a power struggle over Tua in my mind. Flores either wanted out or really didn't want to coach a Tua led team. He got his wish and will land someplace else very soon
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:45 pm

This team needs some serious leadership help
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:46 pm

CHRISTMAS IS SAVED.

Thank the heavens, I am so relieved.

If Brian Flores doesn't get to keep his job, it was hard to see what Judge had done to warrant keeping his...

I am personally hoping that the G-men take the Buffalo two - Schoen and Daboll - as I think there's something to the idea of them wanting to move together. In the case of the Giants - why have the worse looking landing spot by insisting on holding a lame duck coach that has achieved nothing? You want to be a premier destination for a GM to come in and do their thing. This idea of an incoming GM having to "convince" ownership that Judge -wasn't- the guy was so ridiculous I was fit to vomit.

As it stands, I'd still not fault Schoen and Daboll for choosing Chicago over the Giants - they've got a QB. But at least the G-men are better perceived as a job destination than they were about an hour ago.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:49 pm

The problem with the Giants job is their coaches only seem to last 2 years these days.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:25 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:49 pm The problem with the Giants job is their coaches only seem to last 2 years these days.
I would say that a HUGE part of the Giants problems were the result of one man, and his sneering disdain for analytics: David Gettleman.

Him being gone is huge, and his replacement might be the single most important hire for the Giants of the last 20 years. Given that the new GM will be responsible for the coach AND with rebuilding this sorry-@ss franchise from the ashes: they need to get this right.

At the very least, they now have the chance to start un-f__king themselves from the mess he's left them in. I don't need to get into the laundry list, but this 4 win team is somehow bottom 5 for cap space this year AND next.

2025 never looked so good. The road is long. I hope they can at least string some good decisions together to give themselves a fighting chance at being relevant again sometime this decade.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:29 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:25 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:49 pm The problem with the Giants job is their coaches only seem to last 2 years these days.
I would say that a HUGE part of the Giants problems were the result of one man, and his sneering disdain for analytics: David Gettleman.

Him being gone is huge, and his replacement might be the single most important hire for the Giants of the last 20 years. Given that the new GM will be responsible for the coach AND with rebuilding this sorry-@ss franchise from the ashes: they need to get this right.

At the very least, they now have the chance to start un-f__king themselves from the mess he's left them in. I don't need to get into the laundry list, but this 4 win team is somehow bottom 5 for cap space this year AND next.

2025 never looked so good. The road is long. I hope they can at least string some good decisions together to give themselves a fighting chance at being relevant again sometime this decade.
Hard to argue with your stance. He made too many head scratch moves to even count.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:39 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:42 pm
Devils advocate, though: Chris Grier has been with the Dolphins organisation since 2000, Director of Scouting from 2007-2016, and the Dolphins GM since 2016, where he has presided over such greatest hits as:

- The Adam Gase era
- Trading away Ryan Tannehill
- Managing to have a bottom-10 Offensive Line in every year he's been on the job despite spending picks on it frequently
- Drafting Tua over Herbert
- Drafting Waddle over Penei Sewell

If I was Brian Flores, and I knew that I either wanted control over this guy OR a chance to go and do something else where I had more power - I would do the exact play he reportedly did, and go after this "Sacred Cow" of the Dolphins organisation.

Grier has survived for a LONG time in this stew of mediocrity, and he has passed off the buck successfully with each power struggle as not being his fault. It's hard to say that he's earned this sort of vote of confidence with his performance to date, imo.
Spot on.

Dolphins last 4 HCs:

Sparano - 29-32
Philbin - 24-28
Gase - 23-25
Flores - 24-25

When your results are that consistently mediocre over the last 14 seasons, it's not just a coaching problem.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:15 pm

We're more at the "addition by subtraction" stage, but I'm trying to find guys who could/would gain in a coaching move. Some thoughts-
!- Darnold- this is more moth to a flame, but if they hit on a bright offensive coordinator like a young Dabol, could see a spike, even if the ceiling for his on field performance is Cousins.
2- Fields- Getting away from a scheme that wasn't built for his skillset is automatically a plus.
3- NYG- The entire offense if they get ANY kind of quality OC.
4- Cousins- A scheme committing to these weapons/QB in a dome could do wonders. KC's OC would he awesome.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def