Week 5 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 5 Discussion

Postby abloom » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:24 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:19 am Is Russ immune to criticism? Stafford popped his finger back in. Carr dislocated 2 fingers in 2016, popped them back in, and led the Raiders to a win vs Carolina. Why isn't anybody calling it like it is? Russ is a wuss. :lol: I'm partly joking. But I hear a lot of other QB's get their toughness questioned.

On a serious note, not all injuries are the same. Apparently this particular type of sprain may prevent the finger from bending. That would certainly be different than just a "simple" dislocation.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:29 am

abloom wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:24 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:19 am Is Russ immune to criticism? Stafford popped his finger back in. Carr dislocated 2 fingers in 2016, popped them back in, and led the Raiders to a win vs Carolina. Why isn't anybody calling it like it is? Russ is a wuss. :lol: I'm partly joking. But I hear a lot of other QB's get their toughness questioned.

On a serious note, not all injuries are the same. Apparently this particular type of sprain may prevent the finger from bending. That would certainly be different than just a "simple" dislocation.
Oh, I know. I just see media types harp on some guys more than others, regardless of these facts.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:29 am

Oh, I know. I just see media types harp on some guys more than others, regardless of these facts.
I think going for how long Russ has gone without missing a game regardless of his near chronic ankle injuries, has exempted him from soft status. And iirc reports were that Russ couldnt close his hand all the way. I reckon if he wasn't QB he would have been out there, but that is kind of a prerequisite. But yes other players have come back same game after some pretty nasty finger injuries (OBJ and Jerome Iginla (Had his finger turned into an L in all of the wrong ways during a fight and didnt miss a shift))
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:27 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:21 am

I think going for how long Russ has gone without missing a game regardless of his near chronic ankle injuries, has exempted him from soft status. And iirc reports were that Russ couldnt close his hand all the way. I reckon if he wasn't QB he would have been out there, but that is kind of a prerequisite. But yes other players have come back same game after some pretty nasty finger injuries (OBJ and Jerome Iginla (Had his finger turned into an L in all of the wrong ways during a fight and didnt miss a shift))
Iggy was a tough dude.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Iggy was a tough dude.
Dude is a savage for sure. But it looked like Russ' throwing hand was quite compromised. Again, if he was a LB or something other than a QB I think he stays in. For a QB to play through that would be agony, and would likely have deeply impacted his level of play
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:58 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:48 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Iggy was a tough dude.
Dude is a savage for sure. But it looked like Russ' throwing hand was quite compromised. Again, if he was a LB or something other than a QB I think he stays in. For a QB to play through that would be agony, and would likely have deeply impacted his level of play
Yeah, I just know that I heard all the stuff about Wentz vs the Rams, and how he should have been out there at the end of the game, for instance, from major media talking heads. Haven't heard a peep out of those guys about this, that's the point I was getting at. You are right, all injuries aren't the same. I just find it funny how people can play doctor on TV suggesting a guy could have "toughed it out" in one situation, but not another, but in both cases, they are uneducated an ill informed as to the injury and how bad it actually was at the time.
Janiel Dones Truther

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Wilson out 6-8 weeks with a torn tendon in his finger.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:06 pm

Kaz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:14 pm Wilson out 6-8 weeks with a torn tendon in his finger.
Wait, so you’re saying he can’t just walk it off?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:20 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:08 pm
joeday wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:57 pm Anyone have any idea what could be going on with Ridley?
Family maybe?

Other thought was covid, not necessarily a positive, but is he unvacced and didnt want/couldn't travel?
Assuming this is the case, and they won't let him into the country. I expect him ready to roll in Week 6.

Seahawks season is basically over after the Wilson news. Guess Geno's gonna' get a chance to cook. "Let Geno Cook!"
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:20 pm
joeday wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:57 pm Anyone have any idea what could be going on with Ridley?
Family maybe?

Other thought was covid, not necessarily a positive, but is he unvacced and didnt want/couldn't travel?
Assuming this is the case, and they won't let him into the country. I expect him ready to roll in Week 6.

Seahawks season is basically over after the Wilson news. Guess Geno's gonna' get a chance to cook. "Let Geno Cook!"
It's not COVID related for Ridley; recall that Falcons were proud to hit 100% vaccination in the Preseason. First team to do it.

re. Geno/Wilson... that Jamal Adams trade may now be inadvertently sending a top 10 pick back to the Jets...

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:08 pm

mild wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Family maybe?

It's not COVID related for Ridley; recall that Falcons were proud to hit 100% vaccination in the Preseason. First team to do it.

re. Geno/Wilson... that Jamal Adams trade may now be inadvertently sending a top 10 pick back to the Jets...
Imagine if the Seahawks pick is higher than the Jets own pick

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:37 pm

mild wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Family maybe?

I'd forgotten about that, but you're right. In that case, I really hope it's nothing too serious and he gets back out there soon.

And yes, I was thinking the exact same thing about the draft pick. What a time for the team to tank, and gift the Jets what could be another premium pick. Where's FiremanEd in this discussion?! :lol:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:56 pm

What if - *GASP* - Ridley has COVID even tho he's vaxxed? Happens all the time.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:35 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:56 pm What if - *GASP* - Ridley has COVID even tho he's vaxxed? Happens all the time.
Then he'd be required to be put on the COVID list. I read it was a personal matter for the reason he wasn't playing.
Janiel Dones Truther

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:55 am

G A M E D A Y ! ! !

L E T ' S GO ! ! !
@PlankMelody