Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
iluvbeer99
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Zeke Big Picture

Postby iluvbeer99 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:48 am

PhadedCN wrote:I find it extremely plausible that this time next year - we will be talking about Zeke as a top 3-5 back.
He's already a top 3-5 dynasty RB, don't have to wait until next year for that value to happen.

Outside of Gurley/Bell who would you take over him? I guess could see an argument for Freeman or DJ, but i'd take Zeke as the 3rd RB right now.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:56 am

i would strongly consider miller over all 4 if he resigns. but i admit that i had it trich miller that year.haha

ee is a nice prospect but destination is a key here imo. if someone grabs him early, they are going to use him...what happens if he falls to late..maybe a team that has some other rb's?

ayrichieb
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ayrichieb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:59 am

Louis Riddick just tweeted that he'd be shocked if Zeke falls pass the Cowboys at 4
2014 est. 12 team (22 Keepers), 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (.5 PPR)
Chicks Digg Scars: (1-2), 2020-4th, 2019-2nd, 2018-7th, 2017-4th, 2016-6th, 2015-5th, 2014-2nd
QB- D.Prescott, M.Stafford, T.Lance
RB- N.Chubb, J.Mixon, K.Hunt, A.Gibson, D.Harris, T.Sermon, M.Davis, T.Williams
WR- AJ.Brown, S.Diggs, C.Ridley, C.Godwin, O.Beckham, A.Robinson, J.Reagor, C.Claypool, R.Bateman
TE- M.Andrews, L.Thomas
2022 Draft Picks- 1, 3, 4, 4, 5

2021 est. 10 team (22 Keepers), 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex (.5 PPR)
Satan's Alley
QB- D.Watson, T.Lawrence
RB- C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Jacobs, M.Carter, T.Pollard, T.Sermon, D.Williams
WR- AJ.Brown, D.Adams, M.Thomas, B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, T.Marshall, R.Moore, M.Callaway, C.Beasley
TE- T.Hockenson, R.Tonyan
2022 Draft Picks- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:07 am

ayrichieb wrote:Louis Riddick just tweeted that he'd be shocked if Zeke falls pass the Cowboys at 4
An RB at 4 is way too high in a class that is loaded with defensive talent

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:03 am

If it's loaded with defensive talent, perhaps Dallas is of the view they can find quality defensive players later in the draft, but a difference maker on offense early on. I agree it's a stretch, as Tennessee, Cleveland and Chargers won't be picking him, but JJ's clock is set to Romo time, and Romo time is running out. Let's pretend for a moment that it happens...what's the value of the 1.01 if he lands in Dallas? It has to put him ahead of DJ, and some might argue Bell too since Bell has proven to be susceptible to the injury bug so far.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:05 pm

JJDubya wrote:If it's loaded with defensive talent, perhaps Dallas is of the view they can find quality defensive players later in the draft, but a difference maker on offense early on. I agree it's a stretch, as Tennessee, Cleveland and Chargers won't be picking him, but JJ's clock is set to Romo time, and Romo time is running out. Let's pretend for a moment that it happens...what's the value of the 1.01 if he lands in Dallas? It has to put him ahead of DJ, and some might argue Bell too since Bell has proven to be susceptible to the injury bug so far.
I would say it's still the same until he starts playing. He's probably a Top 5 back on draft pedigree and college production alone.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:23 pm

He is close enough to Edgerrin James for me ..
@PlankMelody

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:29 pm

JJDubya wrote:If it's loaded with defensive talent, perhaps Dallas is of the view they can find quality defensive players later in the draft, but a difference maker on offense early on. I agree it's a stretch, as Tennessee, Cleveland and Chargers won't be picking him, but JJ's clock is set to Romo time, and Romo time is running out. Let's pretend for a moment that it happens...what's the value of the 1.01 if he lands in Dallas? It has to put him ahead of DJ, and some might argue Bell too since Bell has proven to be susceptible to the injury bug so far.

If he goes to Dallas he goes ahead of Bell? Not a chance. He hasn't even played a down yet. I like him, he's the best RB in this class, and has a good overall game, but I don't think he is an elite talent, and if we are talking about putting him ahead of Le'veon Bell based on a good landing spot, then EE is already being massively overvalued. A lot of those OL will be coming to the end of their first contract, there is no way they will be able to keep that OL in tact long term. This Dallas narrative is way overblown. It's a good landing spot, but come on...

I don't see him as a top 4 pick. You still need a D to win a title. The Cowboys aren't EE away from a title. It would be a bad pick, and a huge reach to take him in the top 5....
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:

If he goes to Dallas he goes ahead of Bell? Not a chance. He hasn't even played a down yet. I like him, he's the best RB in this class, and has a good overall game, but I don't think he is an elite talent, and if we are talking about putting him ahead of Le'veon Bell based on a good landing spot, then EE is already being massively overvalued. A lot of those OL will be coming to the end of their first contract, there is no way they will be able to keep that OL in tact long term. This Dallas narrative is way overblown. It's a good landing spot, but come on...

I don't see him as a top 4 pick. You still need a D to win a title. The Cowboys aren't EE away from a title. It would be a bad pick, and a huge reach to take him in the top 5....
I said "some" would put him ahead of Bell, I didn't say I would. Its pretty easy to believe others would rank him higher based on the much better collegiate career he has had, he's several years younger and Bell is coming off of a major injury and has yet to play a full season in 3 attempts. I'm not ranking him ahead of Bell, but he's a much better prospect than DJ was coming out and if he landed in a spot like Dallas (which I also said was a stretch) then I'd put $ on his ADP being higher than all RBs but Gurley and Bell, and it would be closer to Bell than DJ currently is.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:36 pm

JJDubya wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

I said "some" would put him ahead of Bell, I didn't say I would. Its pretty easy to believe others would rank him higher based on the much better collegiate career he has had, he's several years younger and Bell is coming off of a major injury and has yet to play a full season in 3 attempts. I'm not ranking him ahead of Bell, but he's a much better prospect than DJ was coming out and if he landed in a spot like Dallas (which I also said was a stretch) then I'd put $ on his ADP being higher than all RBs but Gurley and Bell, and it would be closer to Bell than DJ currently is.
Oh yeah, I know. I just mean that the fact that this will happen...I know it's not necessarily your opinion, to be clearer.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:27 pm

Telperion wrote:Yes, Doug was quite old, and he was a top 7 startup pick after his rookie year.

Zeke's potential ceiling should be considered no lower than Martin's was at his peak value.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
martin was being considered the top pick by some, and i wouldnt hesitate to say that he and trich were both going in the top 5...in nearly all startups back then.

i like the martin comparison. my biggest concerns with elliot are comming from an urban meyer team...just havent seen a ton of offensive superstars in the league. succeeding in a college offense where the defense doesnt know whether the qb or the hb has the ball the majority of the time...isnt going to be as easy in the nfl. there is certainly some option game in the league...but its much different. how will ee handle that. that leads me to his character. we've seen an episode or 2 out of him. we see him asking for the ball more (after nearly every touch). im not saying he has issues...but i certainly think he has an "edge" to him. i can think of 2 urban meyer guys that played in the league and had an "edge" harvin and hernandez. not that ee will see that edge translate the same as these two...but it is a possibility.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Do you have a problem with Zeke?

Postby ZPalmtree » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:11 pm

"Everyone is making a huge deal that zeke ran a 4:47 40 yet seem to not have noticed he double caught almost every pass, had two drops and he looked stiff running drills. Also had a below average vertical, broad jump and shuttle"

"It's easy to look like you know what you're doing when you're rubbing behind an oline that has a 5-star recruit at every position and you're in a spread offense that isn't pro-style. If zeke were in the draft last year he would be behind Gurley, Gordon, yeldon and Abdullah. Probably be on the same level as Coleman"

"The wrs are slow is the only reason people want him at 1.01"

"A lot can change after the draft though. Situation matters, if zeke goes to Houston or Dallas then I'll probably raise him up"
These are all statements made by one of my 'go to guys' about Dynasty. I asked him if he was overthinking himself by having Zeke at 1.04 and he replied with this. Which I mean I can't disagree too much. Mainly because I have leaned on this guy for a lot of player values.
Anyone agree with my guru?
I have the 1.01 in a few leagues and have Zeke in a Tier all by himself.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Do you have a problem with Zeke?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:19 pm

So all this person did was list a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with whether Zeke is talented or not. What does the 2015 draft class, or team landing spot, or vertical jump have to do with his talent level?

EAK INC.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby EAK INC. » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:34 pm

I honestly agree and have been thinking this about Zeke for a while. The main thing that scares me is something that I've seen everyone here talk about 'Zeke isn't great at anything, but he's good at everything'. That statement just doesn't really give me a lot of confidence. I want a guy that does something special. I did hear he wasn't as smooth at the combine catching passes but I didn't watch for myself so I don't have much else to say there. It does make me a little nervous him playing behind a good offensive line at Ohio St with big holes to run through.

Another thing is that everyone is assuming Zeke is going to be a 3 down running back. Yes, Zeke can play all three downs but that doesn't mean the team that drafts him might not already have a third down back. Say for example, Zeke goes to the Lions as some people thought a few weeks ago (I don't think this will happen for the record). Do you think Theo Riddick will just stop getting third down touches? I think RB is very situation dependent and thus for me that's what it will come down to. If Zeke goes to a bad situation though I am staying far away. And if he goes to a good situation, I'm most likely selling to the highest bidder.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:36 pm

I have a small problem with him not doing the agility and bench press drills at the combine, much like I have a problem with Treadwell not running the 40. It is so much easier to focus on a few drills for one event and then to focus on others for a couple months. In the end, the numbers for both guys will need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Nevertheless, Zeke's tape is good. He showed agility and strength in games and looked agile in the cutting drills at the combine. In this year's class there is no one else I would consider taking at the first pick.