Ty (the other) Johnson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tominansky
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Ty (the other) Johnson

Postby tominansky » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:56 pm
M-Dub wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:03 pm The whole TyMania phenomenon of the past week has been utterly baffling to me. I totally understand why someone would drop all their FAAB to claim him off the wire, but people were giving up 1st and 2nd round picks for him. I saw one thread where a guy got Hockenson for him straight up! Based on what, exactly? Half a game’s worth of mediocre production after Kerryon went down? Am I somehow missing the appeal of the Lions’ lead RB role, in which Kerryon himself was barely mustering a little more than 11 ppg?

Look, I’m not hating on the kid. I was rooting for him. I actually had him taxied all year in one league and activated and started him this week. But I’ve never seen anything like the irrational overconfidence in him that was on display all week. Kudos to all who cashed in. I didn’t even bother to shop him in my league, partly because I’m actually pretty thin at RB and partly because the other owners are all pretty savvy. I doubt I could’ve gotten more than a 3rd.

Can anyone remember an unheralded rookie getting that much of a value boost before ever really showing anything of substance? I’ve been playing this game since 2015 and I can’t. Even Thomas Rawls had to string a couple solid games together before people were willing to give up a 1st for him. This was crazy.
Where? Who? The "League of Village Idiots"?
Startup season for my league. People are dumb with their picks, especially 2020 picks. I have Kerryon and someone grabbed Ty the week before the injury... so I sent Jalen Hurd and a 2021 2nd for Ty. Flipped Ty 2 hours later to another owner for his mid to early 2020 1st. Played the "I'm not contending but you are so he'll be more helpful on your squad" card and got the deal done before his value plummeted like most expected it would once he didn't produce. I'm sure this is far and away the outlier with league members not being aware of pick values, strength of 2020 class, etc. To me, he was just an asset that could be bought and sold at a higher price.
Team 1:
12 team, 0.5ppr, 28 roster, SF, 1pt for 1st downs
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/SF/D

QB: Lamar, Geno, Huntley, Flacco, Travis
RB: Tracy, Isaiah Davis, Gore, Gray, Brooks
WR: Puka, Worthy, McMillan, Washington, Doubs, Dotson, D. Douglas
TE: Kincaid

2025: 5x 1st, 3x 2nd, 2x 3rd
2026: 2x 1st, 3x 2nd, 2x 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12 team, 0.5ppr, 23 roster, SF
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/SF

QB: Dak, Stafford, Rodgers, AOC, Dobbs, Travis
RB: CMC, JT, Ekeler, Kamara, A. Jones, Spears, Miller, Ray Davis, Guerendo
WR: Tyreek, AJB, Allen, Cooper, Ridley, Palmer, Bourne, D. Robinson, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce

2025 2nd, 3rd
2026 2x 1st, 2x 2nd, 2x 3rd

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Ty (the other) Johnson

Postby ArrylT » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Ty Johnson just earned Brandon Allen in a SF league. Not that Brandon Allen is a huge asset - but he is a starting QB in a SF league and those usually require some capital to be spent to be acquired (be it a 3rd or a 2nd or ... ).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..