Who's your IDP sleeper for 2011?

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Who's your IDP sleeper for 2011?

Postby boobam13 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Love both of those guys whe48071 - both are on my rader in the late 3rd round for me!
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

16 Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3 FLEX RB/WR/TE- 1DEF Orphan Team
20 Man Rosters - Active (18) Practice Squad (2) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-

Philipp
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Philipp » Mon May 30, 2011 11:21 pm

always wonder why Wilson doesnt get more hype. To me, he seems like a good bet to produce early
Team 1:
DT: Rubin, Dixon
DE: Peppers, Suggs, Jackson, Pierre-Paul, Selvie
LB: Davis, Ware, McClain, Hali, Spencer, Wimbley, Crowder, Moss, English, Sintim, Porter, Riley
CB: Thomas, Hall, Scandrick
S: M. Griffin, Spievey, Abdullah, Sanders
Picks: 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01, 5.01

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue May 31, 2011 6:34 am

Philipp wrote:always wonder why Wilson doesnt get more hype. To me, he seems like a good bet to produce early
M.Wilson is likely going to be SLB, which typically doesn't produce a FF starting LB.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Tue May 31, 2011 7:45 am

MR ROURKE wrote:
Philipp wrote:always wonder why Wilson doesnt get more hype. To me, he seems like a good bet to produce early
M.Wilson is likely going to be SLB, which typically doesn't produce a FF starting LB.
Yep

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:53 am

Vintage wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote:
Yep
Scott Fujita put up startable fantasy numbers from that spot in that system. Wilson is also a nice buy because he has the skill set to take over for Vilma should they release him or not re-sign him.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 am

hosler427 wrote:
Vintage wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote: M.Wilson is likely going to be SLB, which typically doesn't produce a FF starting LB.
Yep
Scott Fujita put up startable fantasy numbers from that spot in that system. Wilson is also a nice buy because he has the skill set to take over for Vilma should they release him or not re-sign him.
He said typically. There are exceptions and besides the much as the Browns defense is on the field, there's bound to be an anamoly there. Greenway and Cushing are anamolies there as well, although I think the 3-4 will really hurt Cushing. My sleeper will be Cliff Avril. I think he's going to be huge at the range he's being drafted. Top 8 potential in tackles for a defensive lineman, but may not be so great with sacks.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:45 am

Vintage wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
Vintage wrote: Yep
He said typically. There are exceptions and besides the much as the Browns defense is on the field, there's bound to be an anamoly there. Greenway and Cushing are anamolies there as well, although I think the 3-4 will really hurt Cushing. My sleeper will be Cliff Avril. I think he's going to be huge at the range he's being drafted. Top 8 potential in tackles for a defensive lineman, but may not be so great with sacks.
Fujita put up startable numbers while playing SLB for the Saints....nothing to do with the Browns ;-) Wilson is going into the same position, in the same scheme, under the same coordinator.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue May 31, 2011 8:49 am

hosler427 wrote:
Vintage wrote:
MR ROURKE wrote: M.Wilson is likely going to be SLB, which typically doesn't produce a FF starting LB.
Yep
There are exceptions to every rule, which is why I generalized the SLB not being a FF starter historically. Every player is different. Just because a very football smart vetern has had success at the position in the past, doesn't really mean that M.Wilson will over come the numerous reasons a 403 SLB isn't really FF relavent.

Does anyone have a league that Saints starting SLB Scott Shanle was on a roster last year... let alone actually start him any week last year?

LRChase
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby LRChase » Tue May 31, 2011 10:04 am

Martez Wilson is much more talented than Scott Shanle.

In the aggressive New Orleans defense he will have a great chance at putting up numbers similar to Fujita, which is what I was thinking when I suggested Wilson. He should be an every down player and could average 80-85 solo tackles along with some big play potential as well.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue May 31, 2011 10:09 am

whe48071 wrote:Martez Wilson is much more talented than Scott Shanle.

In the aggressive New Orleans defense he will have a great chance at putting up numbers similar to Fujita, which is what I was thinking when I suggested Wilson. He should be an every down player and could average 80-85 solo tackles along with some big play potential as well.
80-85 tackles... I can agree to that ceiling and then we agree that he's an extremely low LB3, but much more likely a LB4 and not a starting FF LB.

LRChase
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby LRChase » Tue May 31, 2011 11:22 am

I wouldn't say his ceiling is an extremely low LB3. When you take into account assists and big plays like sacks/INT's, he could easily be a serviceable LB3 and could have a few years as a LB2. He's not ever going to be a LB1 or anything like that, but as a flyer that's nice potential. In the 5th-6th round I'll take a guy that may be a LB2 for a year or two.

He landed in a great system for his skill set, and Gregg Williams is on record as saying he's the first guy they've had that fits Fujita's profile. He's going to be used just like Fujita was, and he was drafted pretty early and will have an early opportunity for playing time as an every down player. This is a great discussion, and the reason it's been so easy to buy low on Wilson. :)

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue May 31, 2011 11:44 am

I think you see a lot more sacks then I would expect from the SLB and interceptions by a LB aren't something I would count in by any means. I was thinking you 80 tackles included assists. If you are adding assists to the 80, then we are back to a differing opinion. We'll see if he can learn to cover an NFL TE to reach that ceiling and be on the field for passing downs. S.Fujita is one of the most intelligent LB's around when it comes to football and very good when it comes to technique. Fujita was typically around 60 tackles + assists I believe. Saying that M.Wilson is going to be as good as Fujita (or better to get 80 solo tackles) is a pretty high praise to me considering Wilson didn't play SLB to deal with the TE on a regular basis. I think he's going to find that it's a totally different game having to deal with the TE on every down instead of being a MLB.

LRChase
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby LRChase » Tue May 31, 2011 12:02 pm

You're right about the INT's... He may go seasons without getting them so they shouldn't be counted upon, and I may be overestimating Wilson. I'm not an expert on IDP by any means, but I think he has a chance to carve out a great role in the NO defense, and could put up better numbers than many expect. I don't think I see a lot more sacks than you do, but I do think he'll rack up more than 60 solos. It may take him a year or two to adjust, but I think he has the skills to do it. Like you said, it just depends on how he picks up the game. I'm not saying he's going to be better than Fujita, but he could end up with more tackles. He's great at finding the ball-carrier and is very quick. Moving from the middle to SLB is a big transition, but I think he's going to fit in New Orleans pretty well, and like I said, in the 5th-6th round he's worth taking a shot on. There aren't many other LB's available with even LB2 upside at that point.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

well, I just drafted DE Matt Shaughnessy of the Raiders, so I guess he's my 2011 Sleeper!

-oo-

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm

meineymoe wrote:well, I just drafted DE Matt Shaughnessy of the Raiders, so I guess he's my 2011 Sleeper!

-oo-
It was tough cutting him, and I probably would have grabbed him back if he'd still been there for me.