L.A. Rams - is it just me?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: L.A. Rams - is it just me?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:55 pm

What receivers are FAs next offseason. They have minimal draft picks so you'd think they are almost a lock to bring a veteran receiver in.

DFHustle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DFHustle » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:What receivers are FAs next offseason. They have minimal draft picks so you'd think they are almost a lock to bring a veteran receiver in.
They will screw that up even. They just aren't very good at analyzing talent at several offensive positions, with WR being one of them. I like Higbee, Goff was a gimme, so was Gurley. Tavon isn't bad, he's just not unique and he can't be the #1. He needs to be the #3 guy. They are good/decent at the defense, but they are very bad at WR and OL.

FA WR's(from memory): Arob(he'll probably re-sign), Alshon(he'll leave CHI, they might be able to pay him enough), and Djax are the only ones that would make sense. I think Vjax is also a FA after this year, but that doesn't make sense to me to sign him(which means they probably will).

I'd say Alshon is the only player that would make sense, but he might not want to go to a Fisher offense because he'll get under 100 targets.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Alshon would be interesting. Floyd is also a FA next year.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Jeff Fisher and Les Snead are both free agents next year also.

DFHustle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DFHustle » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:02 pm

rubber_duck wrote:Jeff Fisher and Les Snead are both free agents next year also.
Sadly, they were talking extensions for both of them. I feel sorry for every Rams player and all the new LA fans. If they extend both, they will be this way for years.

I didn't realize this is Fisher's 5th season with the Rams and he's sporting like a .400 win percentage and no winning seasons. It doesn't take very long to turn a team around if you know what you are doing. Hell, if he just started copying what the better teams are doing, offensively, you should only be a season or two behind. Not running an offense from the 1990's. Look at what SF did, they have easily the lesser-talented roster and they smashed them.

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Jeff Fisher doesn't wanna go 7-9, 8-8, 9-7, or 10-6... 0-16 is it then!

They looked AWFUL last night. If Goff gets in there, he's not gonna do any better. He's gonna get killed, he looked brutal in the pre-season.

Hopefully the owner of the Rams realizes he needs to cut ties with Fisher and do it early. I think that locker room is gonna turn on Fisher pretty quickly.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:12 pm

eNdblu wrote: Hopefully the owner of the Rams realizes he needs to cut ties with Fisher and do it early. I think that locker room is gonna turn on Fisher pretty quickly.
It didn't seem like the players respected him or much of his coaching staff in hard knocks. Honestly Jeff Fisher looks like a retired man living in Florida who wandered into training camp and just randomly started pretending to be the head coach.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:21 pm

It is worth mentioning that when Fisher was a 'hot commodity' in the interview process and several teams were competing to hire him, the main reason he chose the Rams is ownership essentially allowed him to choose his GM, Les Snead. This mess is both of theirs, but Fisher has absolutely no excuses as this has really been his show. The situation has been so ridiculous for so long, I am beginning to think Fisher knows where Kroenke's skeletons are buried......
Last edited by dm1129 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:What receivers are FAs next offseason. They have minimal draft picks so you'd think they are almost a lock to bring a veteran receiver in.
Hard to see them spending major coin on another WR after they gave Tavon Austin so much. He has a $14.9 million cap hit next season, but every year after that has no dead money.
Valhalla wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote:
REPTAR wrote:How about that Carson Wentz though?

Sorry, Eagles fan...

When do we think Goff actually starts?
I don't think Wentz would look any better in that trainwreck.

I think Goff starts by Week 3 after Mannion has a similar result. Long term though, the offensive talent and system needs a huge overhaul.
Mostly the system, I'd say
Good point. Gurley and Austin are good pieces, though it's probably time to just accept that Austin can't do any damage above the LOS. Higbee and Cooper could be steals for them with a different system. If they could find a big WR, who can create separation and make the difficult grabs, then it would go a long way.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:47 pm

They'll probably grab juju smith at 2.1 next year, and he'll go the way of all the other USC wrs. There oline is getting a little better, but when you have a gurley you should really heavily invest in that department.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:05 pm

rock-hammerson wrote:They'll probably grab juju smith at 2.1 next year, and he'll go the way of all the other USC wrs. There oline is getting a little better, but when you have a gurley you should really heavily invest in that department.
Good thing they have the picks to invest...

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:56 pm

I can't see Fisher having a job if they're not over .500 come week 6. Not in a new city. It was stupid to keep him in the move anyways. Seems like a good guy, but not good coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:38 pm

I know the old adage is "don't get too high with the highs, or too low with the lows", but #*@^*^@*^!*^!^'' it's hard not to conclude that Fisher should be fired on the spot. How does that guy keep his job after putting out such a dismal product is beyond me.

I think Goff should take a freaking knee every play they make him play in real games, until they get some freaking WR help. Kenny Britt & Tavon Austin? Are you kidding me? Seriously, Joe-Freaking-Montana couldn't succeed with those pop-warner receivers. Come on man, at least act like you want the QB to succeed. Geeeee-Zussss already...

-Ignore the previous as I'm a soured Gurley owner who would otherwise be a contender in my Gurley league.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Rams will make the playoffs. Look what the Vikings did after getting embarrassed by the 49ers in their opening game last season.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:29 pm

First, let me start by saying that Fisher is bad and I hope he leaves the Rams and never becomes a HC on any team, again.

I will say, though, that I'm not going to panic on the team like I was initially after last night's game. Not yet, at least. After thinking about it with a clear head, I am going to say that I think Chip Kelly could honestly be the hardest coach to game plan for to open your season. Especially when it's his first year with the team. His schemes are different and crazy fast. Nothing really to go off of when predicting the next play. On the flip side, Fisher could be the easiest. Plus, I think the niners defense is better than anyone anticipated. Their front seven are legit.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)