Who should my new favorite team be?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.

Pick my new team

KC Chiefs
17%
Pittsburgh Steelers
17%
Philly Eagles
17%
Other
48%

Total votes: 29

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Steelersfan wrote:By the way, maybe you should have taken the time to study up on your numbers before "bragging" about the Seahawks "impressive" season ticket waiting list and consecutive home sellouts. The Steelers have a 50 year waiting list with 60,000 fans on it, kinda makes your 10,150 seem kind of small huh?
"Jun 22, 2009 ... Green Bay Packers Season Tickets The Green Bay Packers Season Tickets Waiting List has grown to over 81000 names..."

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Awesome!! "SF 49ers.....No Waiting List" WE HAVE YOUR CHAIR READY!!! CMON DOWN! lol

source: Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season ... ting_lists

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:08 pm

highballers wrote:Awesome!! "SF 49ers.....No Waiting List" WE HAVE YOUR CHAIR READY!!! CMON DOWN! lol

According to that list my Giants have the longest waiting list... :D

Honestly guys...picking a team is more than rooting for the winning team, hopping on the bandwagon, etc. I seriously would never change teams. I put up with years of misery in baseball (diehard Red Sox fan) but you need to pick a team that you are passionate about. There is more to it than choosing the closest team or the one with the biggest fan base. Some times it works out that way but it shouldn't be a deciding factor. If you are seriously thinking of changing teams Derek...I would think about it hard and stick with the Bills. Seriously, not to be morbid but...how much longer is Ralph Wilson going to be around?? A lot of questions will be answered in the near future.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:58 pm

hosler427 wrote:
highballers wrote:Awesome!! "SF 49ers.....No Waiting List" WE HAVE YOUR CHAIR READY!!! CMON DOWN! lol

Honestly guys...picking a team is more than rooting for the winning team, hopping on the bandwagon, etc. I seriously would never change teams. I put up with years of misery in baseball (diehard Red Sox fan) but you need to pick a team that you are passionate about. There is more to it than choosing the closest team or the one with the biggest fan base. Some times it works out that way but it shouldn't be a deciding factor. If you are seriously thinking of changing teams Derek...I would think about it hard and stick with the Bills. Seriously, not to be morbid but...how much longer is Ralph Wilson going to be around?? A lot of questions will be answered in the near future.

Definitely agree! Stick with your Bills as a true fan! Its also silly to get in some kind of "who has the best fans" debate, most of the fans we see here on the forum come from good fanbases. (although I will add that the Browns team page here on the forum easily has the most comments and action on it, but that has had a lot to do with all of the drama and soap opera going on with the franchise :lol: )
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Shawn wrote: Its also silly to get in some kind of "who has the best fans" debate, most of the fans we see here on the forum come from good fanbases.
I have never even met a Seattle Seahawks fan until this board...to learn that they had a waiting list was a bit of a head scratcher.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 pm

you should join the falcons fan base... we seem to be turning it around... kinda.. lol

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Shawn wrote:
hosler427 wrote:

Definitely agree! Stick with your Bills as a true fan! Its also silly to get in some kind of "who has the best fans" debate, most of the fans we see here on the forum come from good fanbases. (although I will add that the Browns team page here on the forum easily has the most comments and action on it, but that has had a lot to do with all of the drama and soap opera going on with the franchise :lol: )
Trust me. This isn't a decision that would be made without a lot of thought. And honestly, I doubt that I seriously would officially move on from the Bills. There's a part of me that thinks that the Bills will be re-located in the next couple of years, and by switching teams I'd just be staying "ahead of the curve"... so to speak. Avoiding the disappointment if and when that day actually comes to pass. I'd rather just "pull the plug" instead of dying a painful death as a Bills fan. If I actually did switch teams at this point, at least it would be on my terms. Instead of watching what the new owner decides is best.

The purpose of this poll wasn't meant to figure out "who has the best fans", it was mostly comic relief on my part. It's a pretty stupid question to ask for opinions about when you think about it. Hopefully nobody feels singled out by participation in the process. That wasn't my intent.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm

meineymoe wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:By the way, maybe you should have taken the time to study up on your numbers before "bragging" about the Seahawks "impressive" season ticket waiting list and consecutive home sellouts. The Steelers have a 50 year waiting list with 60,000 fans on it, kinda makes your 10,150 seem kind of small huh?
"Jun 22, 2009 ... Green Bay Packers Season Tickets The Green Bay Packers Season Tickets Waiting List has grown to over 81000 names..."
And that's why I have always stated that the Packers were the only team IMO in the Steelers ball park when it comes to fan support... :wink:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Misfit74 wrote:

Here's some other info if you care to see:

In the modern era (since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970) the Steelers have posted the best record in pro football. The franchise has won the most total games, won the most divisional titles, earned the best winning percentage (including every expansion team), earned the most All-Pro nominations and has the most Super Bowl wins (6) since the modern game started in 1970. It is 2nd overall in playoff wins and tied with the Miami Dolphins for most regular-season wins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Steelers

I didn't waste my time to see who was the winningest team of the decade, I'll just let the above speak for itself...
I never contended that Seattle ruled the world's season-ticket waiting list, etc. Only that it should be reviewed of the teams in consideration. I had no numbers to post for Seattle - it was not 'bragging'.

Citing PITs record since the merger is not really a fair comparison, but does speak of PITs success with should be envied by most other teams. Seattle was an expansion team in 1978.

Also, that pic, etc was supposed to be a funny reference to your 'terrible towel' comment earlier. I was not saying anything bad about your team - only that some terrible towel wavers were pretty funny and reason to think twice. :) People make fun of my team all the time (including me). Please, don't take it personal. It was not meant to be. Unless that is somehow a picture of YOU (Mark), there is not any reason to make things personal.

Your team's record speaks for itself. PIT is a top-notch organization and has been such for many years. The fact Seattle interviewed Omar Kahn should be a compliment to them.

Again, I was just poking fun. C'mon man! Time to lighten up. :) :) :roll:
First off that is a pic of me and I'm not too thrilled that you used it without my permission... :shock: I have one hell of a sense of humor but without using :lol: :D :shock: :x there's no way to tell if someone is just messing around or being a jerk. It's all good now, but for future reference I think we should be a little more obvious with the fact that we are joking so we can avoid any more future conflict.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:24 pm

and this is why I use smileys :lol:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:29 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:and this is why I use smileys :lol:
:wink:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Very well, then.

#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars