DLF SuperFlex startup!

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
hammertoes
Role Player
Role Player

Re: DLF SuperFlex startup!

Postby hammertoes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Brian wrote:
moishetreats wrote:Hey, pokerface40.

I'm not trying to derail the thread or call you (or anyone out). I am genuinely asking: Doesn't this ("So in my offer to him I told him I didn't think Rodgers would fall to 4 but if he did I would trade back at the same price.") constitute collusion?
Having an agreement ahead of time based on how picks fall in a draft isn't collusion just because it isn't disclosed to the rest of the league, in my opinion. I'm in this league, and am not bothered at all by the quoted statement.
This is a non-issue.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Non issue to me as well.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

wolfepackage
Role Player
Role Player

Postby wolfepackage » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Alshon got sold for peanuts

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:00 pm

wolfepackage wrote:Alshon got sold for peanuts
I really wanted Carr and knew he wouldn't make it to 3.07. But I agree I overpaid to ensure I got my guy.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:13 pm

You guys should get this moved to hear:

League Forums
viewforum.php?f=47

The league forums are viewable to everyone and it would be out of the way and not on the main page, same could go for the DLF HOF league discussion....
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Apparently Dynasty Delorean hates most of the DLF community as stated in the league discussion. Weird that you would be involved in a DLF related league. Hopefully your scouting hubris helps in a league with experienced owners.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:20 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:You guys should get this moved to hear:

League Forums
viewforum.php?f=47

The league forums are viewable to everyone and it would be out of the way and not on the main page, same could go for the DLF HOF league discussion....
You post the most off-topic material of anybody on the entire forum hypocrite. This is a real league by the way, not your little friends league you often brag about.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Like I said, put it in a league forum, this is pointless seeing a little alert icon for a new posts only to see that it's message board type material from this thread. I'm pretty sure those League Forums were made for this very reason.

It would be one thing if this were a thread for just transactions and how the draft played out but this is hardly any of that, even if so it could still go in the league forum and then everyone could follow along there
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:47 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:Like I said, put it in a league forum, this is pointless seeing a little alert icon for a new posts only to see that it's message board type material from this thread. I'm pretty sure those League Forums were made for this very reason.

It would be one thing if this were a thread for just transactions and how the draft played out but this is hardly any of that, even if so it could still go in the league forum and then everyone could follow along there
This thread was created for people to follow along with a startup superflex. Please don't derail that. Just go away.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:49 pm

pokerface40 wrote:This thread was created for people to follow along with a startup superflex. Please don't derail that. Just go away.
This isn't exactly "following along", this is a bunch of random message board chat. I still don't understand why you guys are being so defensive over this, what is so bad about moving this to its own forum that would permanently be bookmarked?
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:05 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:Like I said, put it in a league forum, this is pointless seeing a little alert icon for a new posts only to see that it's message board type material from this thread. I'm pretty sure those League Forums were made for this very reason.

Coog, I respect your opinions on here and we've had some great discussions in the past about players, leagues, and Darren Perry. I understand what you're saying about where this thread is, and I respect where you are coming from. Having said that, I feel frustrated with your two posts in this thread. I know you'll say you're frustrated that people don't always use the correct forum spaces, which again I understand. But this thread has over 520 views, and almost 40 comments, many of which are by people watching the draft from afar. You are the only person that has said they are truly bothered by this thread being where it is, and while there may be a few others who feel the way you do (we respect you all too), the vast majority seem to not mind (including the mods, who if they felt it needed moved would move it). I feel like you have made it your personal mission on this site to make sure that all threads are where you think they should be. While you aren't necessarily wrong, I just don't understand why you constantly upset other posters here just to have threads moved. Is it really that big of a deal to you that you have to have them all moved? If it truly is, then I suppose I'll just sit over here and be slightly frustrated, as I can't control anyone but myself, but I just don't understand how or why it would be so important to you. This whole deal with moving threads just feels a bit childish to me (I want to be clear that I'm not calling you a child, just saying that I feel like the constant policing of thread location by a non-moderator seems odd).
@BrianHarrFF

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:17 pm

I didn't say it needed to be moved just to be moved but wouldn't it make sense to put this in its own forum on the league forum page? When I go to the index page and see a new alert for a new post in the "Dynasty League Discussion" forum it gets a little annoying after a couple of times when I was looking forward to seeing something else to go comment on, not just a random post commenting on this thread. All I made was a simple suggestion that would help, it's not like I just attacked this thread out of spite. A few of your lesguemates took it the wrong way and they are the ones who "came at me" wrong for just making a suggestion that would help this become more organized.

I had Jules create me a league forum a few months ago and it was very easy, it also lets you create different threads in your own forum which is nice...if you haven't went and checked out some of the other league forums you should go see, it's pretty cool.
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:26 pm

I'm a little surprised that some quality qbs are still available . Big Ben is headed for a 5 finish for sure and still has at least 3 or 4 more years of top production.

Either way it's fun to follow along fellas!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:33 pm

DJB wrote:I'm a little surprised that some quality qbs are still available . Big Ben is headed for a 5 finish for sure and still has at least 3 or 4 more years of top production.

Either way it's fun to follow along fellas!
I feel a run coming, which is why I panicked a bit and traded to get Carr.

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:35 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:I didn't say it needed to be moved just to be moved but wouldn't it make sense to put this in its own forum on the league forum page? When I go to the index page and see a new alert for a new post in the "Dynasty League Discussion" forum it gets a little annoying after a couple of times when I was looking forward to seeing something else to go comment on, not just a random post commenting on this thread. All I made was a simple suggestion that would help, it's not like I just attacked this thread out of spite. A few of your lesguemates took it the wrong way and they are the ones who "came at me" wrong for just making a suggestion that would help this become more organized.

I had Jules create me a league forum a few months ago and it was very easy, it also lets you create different threads in your own forum which is nice...if you haven't went and checked out some of the other league forums you should go see, it's pretty cool.
I have seen the league forums and like them a lot. I think this thread will and should eventually be moved there as well, sometime after the draft is over. You know as well as I do though, that those forums don't get the views that this one and the advice forum do. Like BuckeyeNation said in the initial post in this thread, there are a ton of people looking for information regarding different types of startups this time of year. They probably aren't going to look for that in the league forums because most people assume those are already established leagues, hence the reason we put it in the general discussions forum. Regardless, I'll bow out of any of this type of discussion moving forward and just post info on our draft in this thread, wherever it ends up. I'd just ask that you'd at least consider a pass and ignore option on this thread.
@BrianHarrFF