Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby tstafford » Fri May 24, 2024 10:59 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:54 am LOL. I'm giving JSN three years to show me what he is. I'm holding and not a bit worried yet. I'm also all-in on those three WRs. I'll probably only have two shares of Harrison, no Nabers or Odunze (sadly) but I think all three will go on to be excellent WRs.
100% the right approach. But it's impossible to ignore that JSN's 1QB ADP is 40 spots lower than its peak. And (IMHO) his rookie season was totally predictable and what we should have (and did) expect.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:18 am

tstafford wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:59 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:54 am LOL. I'm giving JSN three years to show me what he is. I'm holding and not a bit worried yet. I'm also all-in on those three WRs. I'll probably only have two shares of Harrison, no Nabers or Odunze (sadly) but I think all three will go on to be excellent WRs.
100% the right approach. But it's impossible to ignore that JSN's 1QB ADP is 40 spots lower than its peak. And (IMHO) his rookie season was totally predictable and what we should have (and did) expect.
Exactly. I'm not fading a guy I loved coming out due to his current situation. We''ll see how this year goes, but I think Lockett is fading. I saw a depth chart on MFL that already has JSN as the WR2 so...I'm holding. I think he'll take some steps forward this year, and if Lockett can just get out of the way, he'll be a very nice WR2 with upside.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri May 24, 2024 11:25 am

I think the result of his ADP falling indicates many fantasy managers did not predict JSN's rookie season to be so pedestrian. There was soooooooo much hype about JSN leading into fantasy drafts, hyping him as the next great NFL receiver. We read in these DLF forums about people who thought Lockettt would immediately be pushed to Seattle's WR3 by JSN's incredible talent.

For the many people who thought JSN was a talent that would not be denied, his un-superstar-like rookie production could only indicate --GASP-- that he is not destined to be a superstar. That sound we heard was his ADP falling.

I don't know if JSN's ADP dropping is a case of dynasty managers being impatient, or a case of the non-stop Internet hype raising expectations sky high. Or a combination of the two.

With Seattle under new coaching, I wonder if Seattle as a whole is in for a sort of mini-slump. If so, I wonder if JSN will fall victim to what happened to Jeudy on a sinking team in transition from one coaching philosophy to another. If so, year two of JSN might be just as disappointing as year one was.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:31 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:25 am
I think the result of his ADP falling indicates many fantasy managers did not predict JSN's rookie season to be so pedestrian. There was soooooooo much hype about JSN leading into fantasy drafts, hyping him as the next great NFL receiver. We read in these DLF forums about people who thought Lockettt would immediately be pushed to Seattle's WR3 by JSN's incredible talent.

For the many people who thought JSN was a talent that would not be denied, his un-superstar-like rookie production could only indicate --GASP-- that he is not destined to be a superstar. That sound we heard was his ADP falling.

I don't know if JSN's ADP dropping is a case of dynasty managers being impatient, or a case of the non-stop Internet hype raising expectations sky high. Or a combination of the two.

With Seattle under new coaching, I wonder if Seattle as a whole is in for a sort of mini-slump. If so, I wonder if JSN will fall victim to what happened to Jeudy on a sinking team in transition from one coaching philosophy to another. If so, year two of JSN might be just as disappointing as year one was.
I mean, yeah, that's the floor, the risk, right? When I see flloor and ceiling, there is quite a bit of range. He was such a great possession WR in the NCAA, I just can't see him busting. But sometimes a situation WILL screw a guy, for sure.

Funny, JSN and Downs had almost identical seasons, I wonder why people love Downs and fade JSN? I assume it's where you took the guys, JSN in the 1st, Downs in the late 2nd or early 3rd. One exceeded expectations, one did not. JSN had six games with double digit points, that's not bad.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri May 24, 2024 12:00 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:31 amFunny, JSN and Downs had almost identical seasons, I wonder why people love Downs and fade JSN? I assume it's where you took the guys, JSN in the 1st, Downs in the late 2nd or early 3rd. One exceeded expectations, one did not. JSN had six games with double digit points, that's not bad.
No that's not bad. Unfortunately for those who drafted JSN, he was supposed to be great, not just "not bad."

Those who drafted Downs in the late 2nd or early 3rd went into the season knowing they were throwing a dart blindfolded in a hurricane. For him to get steady playing time was a win without even looking at his stats. Once he put up the season he did, everyone who drafted him was thrilled to have an emergency flex guy out of a throwaway pick.

No one drafted JSN in the early 1st round expecting to add an emergency flex guy to the end of their bench.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri May 24, 2024 12:04 pm

In! Got a post in to break up the every other Wicker post rate. :D
Wicker...you're like a full-time DFL forum thread refresher. Are they paying you to keep the page so active? 8-)

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:45 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:00 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:31 amFunny, JSN and Downs had almost identical seasons, I wonder why people love Downs and fade JSN? I assume it's where you took the guys, JSN in the 1st, Downs in the late 2nd or early 3rd. One exceeded expectations, one did not. JSN had six games with double digit points, that's not bad.
No that's not bad. Unfortunately for those who drafted JSN, he was supposed to be great, not just "not bad."

Those who drafted Downs in the late 2nd or early 3rd went into the season knowing they were throwing a dart blindfolded in a hurricane. For him to get steady playing time was a win without even looking at his stats. Once he put up the season he did, everyone who drafted him was thrilled to have an emergency flex guy out of a throwaway pick.

No one drafted JSN in the early 1st round expecting to add an emergency flex guy to the end of their bench.
Exactly. I still love JSN though.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:47 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:04 pm In! Got a post in to break up the every other Wicker post rate. :D
Wicker...you're like a full-time DFL forum thread refresher. Are they paying you to keep the page so active? 8-)
LOL no, just on here too much, had three drafts already, one very soon, and since I don't drink and chase women anymore (married for 20 years) it's my one vice. I try to chime in when I have strong opinions, as I know that I ask a lot of questions as well. I'm terrible at trading, feel pretty good about drafting, so I have to check the offers here so I don't screw myself.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri May 24, 2024 12:55 pm

And with your two posts in a row to follow me up you've won back the 50% post rate! :lol:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 24, 2024 1:32 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:55 pm And with your two posts in a row to follow me up you've won back the 50% post rate! :lol:
Let's go! LOL. I'm trying to think of any camp news I've heard that I can share so my post isn't a total waste of time.

Caleb had a great day, and then struggled. Of course the struggles were with two OL missing and Allen/Odunze not playing. But so far, I like what I'm seeing.

Hearing good thing about Jameson Williams, for the believers.

A lot of rookie love—Nabers always open, Nix looking good, Hollywood emerging as the WR1, seeing some Malik Washington love. Estime is the RB2 right now.

Lots of camp news.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri May 24, 2024 3:39 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:25 am With Seattle under new coaching, I wonder if Seattle as a whole is in for a sort of mini-slump. If so, I wonder if JSN will fall victim to what happened to Jeudy on a sinking team in transition from one coaching philosophy to another. If so, year two of JSN might be just as disappointing as year one was.
While this is possible, I'm on record in various threads stating I believe JSN is in for a very good season in 2024. Lockett is indeed fading a bit, and JSN should take over as WR2 sometime this year. As to the change in coaches/philosophy, everything I'm hearing with regard to Seattle's approach to this offseason has me hopeful.

While I don't expect the team to be dominant by any stretch, I don't get the sense that Macdonald is trying to fit square pegs into round holes. That's what Payton did in Denver IMO. Rather than crafting an offense with the talent he had, he stubbornly tried to make his players fit his style of play and it was a mismatch. Now, heading into 2024 many of those players are no longer on the roster.

That's not the approach the Seahawks are taking. We'll see how it works out.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri May 24, 2024 8:15 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:32 pm A lot of rookie love—Nabers always open, Nix looking good, Hollywood emerging as the WR1, seeing some Malik Washington love. Estime is the RB2 right now.
Source please. All I've seen is that Mahomes has been developing chemistry with him and giving him deep shots.

But also, his competition in camp right now is Crashee Rice, Toney, Skyy Moore, and the Justins. Worthy is out.

You'd hope he'd be beating out that mob.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 24, 2024 8:23 pm

mild wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:15 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:32 pm A lot of rookie love—Nabers always open, Nix looking good, Hollywood emerging as the WR1, seeing some Malik Washington love. Estime is the RB2 right now.
Source please. All I've seen is that Mahomes has been developing chemistry with him and giving him deep shots.

But also, his competition in camp right now is Crashee Rice, Toney, Skyy Moore, and the Justins. Worthy is out.

You'd hope he'd be beating out that mob.
I didn't know I needed to cite my sources. Something I saw on Twitter. And yea, of course with Rice, Toney, and Moore, et al, you would HOPE he could push for the WR1.

https://twitter.com/goldmctNFL/status/1 ... 5675038074

"Hollywood does a nice job out there as a receiver. Looks like he and Pat are developing nice chemistry there."

https://twitter.com/KCChiefs_Matt/statu ... 9591045206

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1793416002665071050

https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-news-ka ... wood-brown "Chiefs find new WR1 in Marquise Brown."

I can't find the tweet from today/yesterday but somebody said he was emerging as the WR1. And he is the WR1 on various depth charts.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri May 24, 2024 8:39 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:23 pm I didn't know I needed to cite my sources.
And here I was thinking you'd be jumping at the opportunity to do another post. :D

If you're gonna state things as fact, then yes, you should be ready to cite your sources. Extra points if you embed your links like this.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 24, 2024 8:47 pm

mild wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:39 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:23 pm I didn't know I needed to cite my sources.
And here I was thinking you'd be jumping at the opportunity to do another post. :D

If you're gonna state things as fact, then yes, you should be ready to cite your sources. Extra points if you embed your links like this.
Sorry, wasn't able to figure out how to imbed Tweets. Thanks. I wasn't stating as FACT just saying that I heard he was emerging as the WR1. But like we said, Rice is just trying to stay out of jail right now, or at least stop sabotaging his career, Worthy will take a bit of time, and beyond him there really isn't much competition. I could have sworn I saw somebody on KC say he was "emerging as the WR1" but I can't find the tweet.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: