Re: Thoughts on CMC

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:39 pm

He only had 7 rushing tds last year.... not a ton to lose there

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:52 am

That's not ideal but it's not like he's TD dependent.

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:58 pm

remedy29 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:36 pm Not to bring race into this, but I can't think of a white RB that can compare to CMC. The dude is an amazing talent.
Zach Zenner :D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

CMC Extension

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Highest paid RB ever. Extended through 2024.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... ning-back/
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: CMC Extension

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:35 pm

*Wins 5 games in a season*

*Gives $16M per year to a RB*

Alright.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:35 pm *Wins 5 games in a season*

Alright.
Gettleman would be proud.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:50 pm

He earned it but the team shouldn't have paid him.. they need a QB, and a defense. I get CMC is basically 1 man worth a solid Rb and Wr at the same time, but in the grand scheme of things high paid RBs done win Trophies. Find me a team that made it to the super bowl with an Expensive RB other than Gurley who turned out to be a colossal waste of money. Its always been about a great QB, stout defense, and a cheap Rb playing well, or in KC's instance putting up 40+ points every week...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:58 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:50 pm He earned it but the team shouldn't have paid him.. they need a QB, and a defense. I get CMC is basically 1 man worth a solid Rb and Wr at the same time, but in the grand scheme of things high paid RBs done win Trophies. Find me a team that made it to the super bowl with an Expensive RB other than Gurley who turned out to be a colossal waste of money. Its always been about a great QB, stout defense, and a cheap Rb playing well, or in KC's instance putting up 40+ points every week...
It's about winning titles and... selling tickets. While conventional wisdom says not to pay RBs big contracts, he's young, has good health, and paying him doesn't mean you won't win a title.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:50 pm He earned it but the team shouldn't have paid him.. they need a QB, and a defense. I get CMC is basically 1 man worth a solid Rb and Wr at the same time, but in the grand scheme of things high paid RBs done win Trophies. Find me a team that made it to the super bowl with an Expensive RB other than Gurley who turned out to be a colossal waste of money. Its always been about a great QB, stout defense, and a cheap Rb playing well, or in KC's instance putting up 40+ points every week...
They have a QB, or at least belive they do, and the next one they add will be on a rookie deal so CMC's contract doesn't affect their ability to get a QB at all. The cap is going up and new TV deals are on the horizon, this contract will pretty quickly become not that big a deal once other RBs sign (Kamara, Dalvin, Mixon all eligible) and more money comes into the league, and a year from now Saquon will probably flirt with $20M a year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Alright.
It's about tickets/fan base as much as anything. Paying CMC doesn't mean they can't build a good team. The QB position was the reason they won 5 games. Without CMC it might have been 2.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Alright.
It's about tickets/fan base as much as anything. Paying CMC doesn't mean they can't build a good team. The QB position was the reason they won 5 games. Without CMC it might have been 2.
Well, he has 2 years left on his rookie deal and a franchise tag. I'm sure the receiving value helps, but these deals will continue to not workout for teams. RB just isn't important in the grand scheme of things. Carolina will stink with or without him.

But I get the business aspect with jersey sales and stuff.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:21 pm

Alright.
Well, he has 2 years left on his rookie deal and a franchise tag. I'm sure the receiving value helps, but these deals will continue to not workout for teams. RB just isn't important in the grand scheme of things. Carolina will stink with or without him.

For sure. But if a player isn't going to play, it kind of puts a team in a bind. That's why players hold out. If any RB deserves it, he sure does.
Janiel Dones Truther

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:28 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:21 pm

For sure. But if a player isn't going to play, it kind of puts a team in a bind. That's why players hold out. If any RB deserves it, he sure does.
Wonder what this means for guys like Cook, Kamara, Fournette, and Mixon who all have extensions coming up.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sfoster2625 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 pm

I think it’s actually smart. They get ahead of the curve and they have a crazy amount of cap space next year. I could see them push for a super bowl 2021 if they can snag some big free agent signings and have a bad enough record this year to get a high draft pick
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:39 pm

Sfoster2625 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 pm I think it’s actually smart. They get ahead of the curve and they have a crazy amount of cap space next year. I could see them push for a super bowl 2021 if they can snag some big free agent signings and have a bad enough record this year to get a high draft pick
I really don't see that happening with Teddy Two Gloves under center and most likely a terrible defense. The Panthers are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in their division for the next 2-3 years.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds