Jerick McKinnon Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ascherb
Starter
Starter

Re: McKinnon Placed on IR

Postby ascherb » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:24 am

Vikings homer. RB was already going to be a position they look to address with McKinnon ideally acting as a change of pace guy.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:29 am

Gronk had a back surgery, looked pretty good. My interpretation of "back surgery" is probably a slipped disk or something, much different than a spinal/neck surgery.

Seb49ers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Seb49ers » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:35 am

ascherb wrote:Vikings homer. RB was already going to be a position they look to address with McKinnon ideally acting as a change of pace guy.
Yeah, his almost zero carry near the goal line tend to prove that's right. I thought and still hope that's because of Matt Isiata "expertise"(if I can say...). I'm still convince is a hold but will sell for a early 2nd.
https://twitter.com/SebZehoual

Listen (or don't) to me, I'm so good/average/bad :
Main Dynasty with Friends (a lot of pride involved) 10 Team 2QB-2TE + IDP : 5-3 (2nd 2016, 3rd 2015-2017)
Dynasty 12 Team 2QB-2TE + IDP : 7-1 (2nd 2015, first round PO 2016, 4th 2017)
Dynasty 12 Team Salary Cap and Contract, SFlex + Devy : 5-3 (Rebuild since 2015, still no PO)
Dynasty 12 Team Salary Cap and Contract, SFlex : 6-2 (Winner 2017, 2nd 2016, no PO in 2015)
Dynasty 14 Team, SFlex + IDP : 11-5 (4th 2017, No PO 2016, 2015)
Dynasty 80 Team (5 * 16), SFlex + IDP : 7-9 (New League)
Dynasty 12 Team, 2Sflex + IDP : 4-4 (New League)

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:31 am

I absolutely see him as a hold until the AP situation is resolved, and am not worried about his back surgery. I think he definitely has a chance to be the Vikings RB of the future. He didn't get goal line carries sure, but Asiata proved he was capable in the short-yardage stuff, and as a converted QB coming out, McKinnon still average 4.8 YPC. If this kid gets the opportunity, and learns all the fundamentals of playing the position (seriously no one talks about how he was a QB in college and this was his 1st year of true RB play), I think McKinnon could develop into a real homerun hitter.

TurtleBK
Starter
Starter

Postby TurtleBK » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm surprised more people aren't as worried about Dez' back. Dez being valued at No. 1 overall by some people is just silly imo given his back… but all the big names have had some kind of issue here and there..
"The Moonwalkers" 12-team Standard League Year 6 2017 -- QB, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, Flex, DSt, K
QB: D Prescott, A Dalton, J Rosen
RB: D Johnson, I Crowell, D Cook, C McCaffrey, N Chubb, A Abdullah, E McGuire, S Perine, L Murray
WR: B Cooks, S Watkins, A Robinson, S Diggs, C Samuel, D Westbrook, Tyrell Williams, D Pettis, A Callaway, J Lasley, C Latimer, Cedrick Wilson, Jr
TE: ASJ, RSJ
D: Vikings K: M Prater

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:My interpretation of "back surgery" is probably a slipped disk or something, much different than a spinal/neck surgery.
http://youtu.be/e54m6XOpRgU

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jerick Mckinnon, poor man's C.Michael?

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:23 pm

As it starts to look like AP is done in Minn, will McKinnon get a chance to be a lead back next year? As much as I like him I think it would be a good time to sell high before another back comes into town.

flexcapacitor
Captain
Captain

Re: Jerick Mckinnon, poor man's C.Michael?

Postby flexcapacitor » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:As it starts to look like AP is done in Minn, will McKinnon get a chance to be a lead back next year? As much as I like him I think it would be a good time to sell high before another back comes into town.
Yeah this has been my thinking also. It looks like AP will probably leave town and there will a whole lot of buzz around McKinnon being the man. That would be the time to sell high because it seems awfully risky to bet against the Vikings not taking a RB in the draft or free agency.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

McKinnon

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:01 pm

As it stands, what is he worth to you? Are you buying, selling, or holding? What rookie pick would it take to buy him or to sell him?

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: McKinnon

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm interested in opinions on this as well. I've been on the side to buy with the AP uncertainty going on, but I've pulled back because I'm uncertain. A big part of me see's another CMike sitting on my roster eating up roster space...

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:20 pm

FiremanEd wrote:I'm interested in opinions on this as well. I've been on the side to buy with the AP uncertainty going on, but I've pulled back because I'm uncertain. A big part of me see's another CMike sitting on my roster eating up roster space...
I just bought for 1.11 and 3.11. If he's behind AP, I lost a lot of value. But if AP is gone, I could see a top 16 season for McKinnon and I gained a lot of value.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:27 pm

i'm holding right now
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:42 am

I have McKinnon in a 16-keeper league.

If AP remains - I'll probably ship him or let him trickle back into the draft.

If AP is gone - I'm keeping him.

Either way, right now he is a hold.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:56 am

I think he is a hold regardless. If you're scared, trade him to somebody before the draft while the uncertainty lingers. If AP goes, McKinnon has lots and lots of value. If AP stays, If you can afford to hold him on a practice or taxi squad, I definitely would. Some players require patience, but I think his talent is real. But by all means flip him if you can't afford to or aren't willing to wait. I'll hold unless someone blows me away with an offer, which is unlikely to happen unless AP leaves for certain.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:15 am

He's part of my large stable of potential RB2's, I'm holding to increase the odds that somebody on my roster will be startable.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1