2023 week 3

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 week 3

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:45 pm

What is up with Jacobs? I can't have both Henry and Jacobs crap the bed this week. So far:

Henry: 2.00 points
Jacobs: 2.20 points

WTAF?
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:48 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:28 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:42 pm Robert Saleh in post-game press conference “Zach Wilson gives us the best chance to win.” I get that he can’t come right out and say it in public yet, but there is probably no QB active in the NFL that would hurt your chances to win more than Zach Wilson.
“Zach Wilson gives us the best chance to win...a top 5 draft pick" that statement makes perfect sense to me.

Not sure if you saw the press conference, or just read it, but Saleh couldn't even get those words out cleanly, he had to stop, compose himself, before he could make that statement.
I honestly wonder how hard the Kirk Cousins trade rumours are going to burn this week.

It seems like an obvious fit with his contract being in it's final year, and Kwesi making repeated comments about "finding their QB of the future" whilst now being down 0-3.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:22 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:48 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:42 pm Robert Saleh in post-game press conference “Zach Wilson gives us the best chance to win.” I get that he can’t come right out and say it in public yet, but there is probably no QB active in the NFL that would hurt your chances to win more than Zach Wilson.
“Zach Wilson gives us the best chance to win...a top 5 draft pick" that statement makes perfect sense to me.

Not sure if you saw the press conference, or just read it, but Saleh couldn't even get those words out cleanly, he had to stop, compose himself, before he could make that statement.
I honestly wonder how hard the Kirk Cousins trade rumours are going to burn this week.

It seems like an obvious fit with his contract being in it's final year, and Kwesi making repeated comments about "finding their QB of the future" whilst now being down 0-3.
Imagine Caleb somehow ending up with Jefferson, Addison and Hock.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:29 pm

Josh McDaniels isn't going to last long, unless Davis doesn't want to eat the money. I'm so sick of Davis, his terrible ownership, and this awful location where away teams fans are heard over the home team.

It's hard being a Raiders fan these days, I can't even get into it anymore.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:40 pm

Jets can’t trade their 1st or 2nd rounder this year because of the Rodgers deal not being completely done yet. I don’t see the Vikings trading him for 2025 picks, but I could be wrong.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:52 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:40 pm

Jets can’t trade their 1st or 2nd rounder this year because of the Rodgers deal not being completely done yet. I don’t see the Vikings trading him for 2025 picks, but I could be wrong.
I do not think the Jets will, or should even consider it, trade significant draft capital for a QB at this point in the season. However, if they really wanted to, the Jets can negotiate to finalize their deal with the Packers, and then be free to make a trade for Cousins.

The Vikings were in each game. They will win games this year, maybe even compete for playoffs. I dont see them losing nearly enough to land Caleb.

I can see the Bears or Panthers getting the 1st pick.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:29 pm Josh McDaniels isn't going to last long, unless Davis doesn't want to eat the money. I'm so sick of Davis, his terrible ownership, and this awful location where away teams fans are heard over the home team.

You know, I actually had this exact thought when watching the game tonight. Obviously Steelers fans travel well, and are frankly everywhere. But there is literally no way the Raiders can enjoy a home field advantage in Las Vegas.

Think about it. Every fan base who's scheduled for a game there has fans who will think, "Why not spend a weekend in Vegas and take in a (insert your favorite visiting team here) game?" The proverbial deck is stacked against them. (I couldn't resist. Apologies).
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:05 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:01 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:29 pm Josh McDaniels isn't going to last long, unless Davis doesn't want to eat the money. I'm so sick of Davis, his terrible ownership, and this awful location where away teams fans are heard over the home team.

You know, I actually had this exact thought when watching the game tonight. Obviously Steelers fans travel well, and are frankly everywhere. But there is literally no way the Raiders can enjoy a home field advantage in Las Vegas.

Think about it. Every fan base who's scheduled for a game there has fans who will think, "Why not spend a weekend in Vegas and take in a (insert your favorite visiting team here) game?" The proverbial deck is stacked against them. (I couldn't resist. Apologies).
It's not the Steelers fans. It happens every week.
Janiel Dones Truther

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:11 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:52 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:40 pm

I do not think the Jets will, or should even consider it, trade significant draft capital for a QB at this point in the season. However, if they really wanted to, the Jets can negotiate to finalize their deal with the Packers, and then be free to make a trade for Cousins.

The Vikings were in each game. They will win games this year, maybe even compete for playoffs. I dont see them losing nearly enough to land Caleb.

I can see the Bears or Panthers getting the 1st pick.
I was not aware you could renegotiate a trade essentially. That would make it work if true. Another hurdle too…Cousins has a no trade clause. Does he want to leave for another team, for a partial year, only to then move on again? Or play out the year and pick his next spot from there?

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:05 pm

That's literally what I just said.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:16 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:14 pm

:lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:21 pm

Yeah sorry, I got caught up half way through a thought and it post, and moved off to something else. I just left the post, my bad.
Janiel Dones Truther

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:21 pm

Yeah sorry, I got caught up half way through a thought and it post, and moved off to something else. I just left the post, my bad.
No worries FF, you're one of the good guys. :thumbup:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:28 pm

81- wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:08 pm But I was told he could throw it and only need a quality receiver to show it
He's still waiting for a quality wide receiver. :(

Paying OBJ a lot of money was a mistake from the day they signed him.
Zay is a rookie who is not JJ or Chase, meaning he's a good prospect, but not someone defenses must scheme against. That means he's not a game changer. He's a good player and a good prospect, but Zay is not a commanding presence on the field game in and game out, yet.
Bateman is ... still Bateman.

The Baltimore fans were sold a bill of WR goods by the Ravens' management, without any actual goods to back it up.
Last edited by Anteaters on Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock