Training Camp Hype 2020

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Training Camp Hype 2020

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:23 am

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:30 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:46 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:40 am Soooooo many soft tissue injuries so far, im not surprised one bit and unfortunately expect a ton more the first few weeks of the season. Hopefully these camps can figure out something to do help with this.
I wonder how many of these are just precautionary removals and how many are actual injuries. I know you can't replicate game hits so the bruises are going to come, but I'm thinking around 90% of these injuries could be played through.
Im in this boat. Precaution and depth are going to be critical for success this year IMO. No need to push yourselves before you are playing for real. I would want my team hitting week 1 as close to 100% as possible.
This is all very true. Im sure on game days they would be playing i just want them to practice so i can hear some DENZEL MIMS AND D'ANDRE SWIFT HYYYPPPEEEEE BAYBAY!!!!!!

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:33 am

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:30 am Im in this boat. Precaution and depth are going to be critical for success this year IMO. No need to push yourselves before you are playing for real. I would want my team hitting week 1 as close to 100% as possible.
It's a tough balance for rookies though. I have no idea how you can expect them to do anything in the early games if they're hurt all camp, this year by far more than ever.

I can't wait till camp is over - already sick of it! :P

Bring on the GAMES!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 am

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:33 am
nathanq42 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:30 am Im in this boat. Precaution and depth are going to be critical for success this year IMO. No need to push yourselves before you are playing for real. I would want my team hitting week 1 as close to 100% as possible.
It's a tough balance for rookies though. I have no idea how you can expect them to do anything in the early games if they're hurt all camp, this year by far more than ever.

Bring on the GAMES!
They can still study plays/learn team philosophy/participate in non-contact drills and keep up with S&C, but why put them through unnecessary contact if they aren't 100%? Plus if the rookies are to be counted on from week 1 they would be pro ready coming out of college, just need to get down the lingo and timing. I reckon they will have smaller roles to begin, but as people start to fall, someone will have to fill those shoes.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:42 am

DEEP roster or taxi alert:

JJ Taylor may be a James White injury away from being the ppr back in NE.

Logan Thomas and Dan Arnold appear to be the top pass catching TEs on their teams.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:12 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 am
DLF3000 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:33 am

Bring on the GAMES!
They can still study plays/learn team philosophy/participate in non-contact drills and keep up with S&C, but why put them through unnecessary contact if they aren't 100%? Plus if the rookies are to be counted on from week 1 they would be pro ready coming out of college, just need to get down the lingo and timing. I reckon they will have smaller roles to begin, but as people start to fall, someone will have to fill those shoes.
If you aren't used to contact, you're going to get hurt in games. It really depends on how badly they are hurt, but I expect a litany of injuries this year, in season.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Easy Breesy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:50 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:54 pm Wentz seems to be targeting Greg Ward early and often.
As a ward owner makes me happy
Philly beat reporter called him the Ertz of the WR group. Wentz appears to have solid rapport with both.

Ward and Ertz both saw 21 targets each at the time. Far and away the two most heavily targeted in camp.

With DJax and Alshon being two of the top injury probability candidates at the position, he is a nice cheap/free add.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Williams continues to progress in his recovery from a torn ACL. "Based on the six training camp practices open to reporters, Williams is potentially better than ever," per Beasley. "He's still big. He's still fast. He still jumps high. And he still catches touchdown passes with panache." Williams is expected to be ready by Week 1 and will be Dolphins' WR2 alongside Devante Parker.
per Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:37 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 am
They can still study plays/learn team philosophy/participate in non-contact drills and keep up with S&C, but why put them through unnecessary contact if they aren't 100%?
Who says it’s unnecessary? Players can run against bags and in Thud drills plenty, but nothing conditions these guys for contact - especially live NFL contact - except full contact situations. That goes doubly for the rookies, who have never seen NFL level contact until now. If players didn’t hit full speed now, the number of injuries in the regular season would be horrific, because they’ll get tweaks and those small to medium hurts and not want to sit for a short duration like they will now during this time of year, and end up in some real bad situations.

Kcarr716
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kcarr716 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:19 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:57 pm
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:26 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Marvin is underrated imo. Never going to have dynasty value, but the guy produces and he just turned 30 so he has a few more years it seems. Amendola is a different story, but he's going to be more reliable 3rd WR than a 5th round rookie

I'm not impressed by a guy who dominates the lions 3rd team defense though, c'mon mannnn.
this is the training camp hype thread big guy :think: ...but i couldn't care less about what you think about the 5th round rookie. You don't know if DET will sign Marvin do you? Because the only WR on contract for next year is golladay (they will probably extend him). Cephus and Golladay are the future. Keep sleeping on Cephus
I'll keep sleeping on him just like he slept on his 40 time. Please tell me what WR were drafted on day 3 and ran a 4.7+ and were still relevant
No real dog in this fight either way, not a huge cephus guy or a real doubter, but I just really love the idea of pointing to amendola and Jones in an argument against the draft capital of a 5rh rounder seeing as one was a 7 th rounder and one a udfa and one of them also ran a 4.7

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:10 pm

Cephus has that Dawg factor. Gotta love those types.
I will be keeping an eye on him.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:57 am

azthecrow wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:10 pm Cephus has that Dawg factor. Gotta love those types.
I will be keeping an eye on him.
Stock Up

Quintez Cephus

The Lions just might have found another top-tier receiving target for Stafford in the form of Cephus.

The Wisconsin product impressed all week long, and continued to do so over the weekend.

On Saturday, he had two grabs that had everyone raving in Allen Park.

The first one was described by The Athletic as a "Kenny Golladay-esque grab." Cephus went up the left sideline, and hauled in a back-shoulder throw from David Blough.

He fought for the ball with defensive back Mike Ford, who was in on the coverage, but managed to pull it away from him and come down with the superb catch.

Then, there's the catch that in the aftermath has received even more pub from the media that were in attendance Saturday.

Blough tried to fit a ball into a tight window to receiver Tom Kennedy. It proceeded to be deflected by cornerback and offseason acquisition Tony McRae. McRae looked to have broken up the pass for a gain of nothing until Cephus darted in to catch it on the fly while gaining 10 yards.

Then, on Sunday, according to The Athletic, he used his big frame to "wall off" reserve cornerback Darryl Roberts for a touchdown catch in the back of the end zone.

Cephus has been the definition of explosive thus far. And although Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones Jr. and Danny Amendola are all clearly ahead of him in the Lions' receivers room, he has a solid chance of having a role carved out for him in Detroit's passing game as a rookie.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:32 am

Defensive players have to be sick of reading about how every rookie is torching them every practice
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:23 am

Does anyone honestly believe Amendola can play a whole season when getting a starter number of snaps? That is a screen door keeping Cephus out of the starting rotation there.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 am

Haven't seen any Jonathan Taylor blurbs, anyone got anything?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Murray (Geno/Howell)
Taylor/Swift (Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears, Brown)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman, Wicks)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:07 am

dvpkwys wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 am Haven't seen any Jonathan Taylor blurbs, anyone got anything?
From Marlon Mack last Friday:
“A beast, man,” Mack said about Taylor in a Friday Zoom video call. “Like he is now, man. Like you guys have seen already, the clips that he (does). He’s going to be a beast, man. And teams should be aware of him right now. Just be ready for it.”
And from Monday:
Monday’s feeding frenzy was simply the latest. Of the 39 passes completed by Colts quarterbacks, 14 were hauled in by ball-carriers (35%). For reference, last season, Colts backs caught only 24% of the team’s completions.

The passes Hines and Co. were catching weren’t just check-downs, either. While a few of them were unscripted dump-offs after Rivers and backup Jacoby Brissett had gone through their progressions, many of the throws to backs — especially those by Rivers — were intentional, including a gorgeous wheel route touchdown pass to rookie Jonathan Taylor and a handful of screen passes.

Hines, of course, led the way among backs with seven receptions Monday. But Taylor added five (with a drop), while incumbent starter Marlon Mack added a pair of his own, showing off smooth hands not often put to good use last season. In fact, despite playing a career-high 14 games (12 starts), Mack contributed a career-low 14 catches.