Week 8 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Week 8 Discussion

Postby Two Cents » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:56 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:48 pm
Two Cents wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:23 pm Taysom Hill is what Tim Tebow really should have been. Tell me Im wrong.....
You're wrong.

Tebow was a horrible athlete. In college he could run over college-sized defenders. In the NFL, compared to all other NFL players, his athleticism was a 2 on a scale of 10. And because he was probably the 60th best QB in the league at the time he was in the NFL, his lack of athleticism resulted in him being a total flop.

Taysom is five times as good as Tebow was in the NFL, at any possible position.

#Tebowsucked
I didn’t say Tebow was as good or as athletic as Taysom. I simply meant that with Tebows pedigree the intention was for him to be what Taysom is. A gadget player. Tebow was a gadget player. Taysom is also a gadget player.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:18 pm

Do we need to worry about Adams? Damn, I just traded for him as the push I needed for my contender. I hope they get this figured out.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:26 pm

I 'd like to know how it's not intentional grounding if the player who was in the vicinity isn't credited with a target. LOL. Just kind of funny, to me.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:52 am

Jimmy G looked almost as bad as Hoyer. Taking his recent woes into account, it was almost the kind of bad that makes you a permanent NFL backup going forward. Not just for the Raiders, but for any team. Jimmy looked d-o-n-e.

The Adams drop was actually a poorly thrown ball. It was surprising to see the drop because we're used to seeing Adams make that kind of tricky catch.

Back to Jimmy, there is no way he can be started again. If the McD starts Jimmy again, the rest of the team is going to stop trying. AOC may or may not be the answer, but it's a fact that Jimmy is not the answer.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:36 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:52 am Jimmy G looked almost as bad as Hoyer. Taking his recent woes into account, it was almost the kind of bad that makes you a permanent NFL backup going forward. Not just for the Raiders, but for any team. Jimmy looked d-o-n-e.

The Adams drop was actually a poorly thrown ball. It was surprising to see the drop because we're used to seeing Adams make that kind of tricky catch.

Back to Jimmy, there is no way he can be started again. If the McD starts Jimmy again, the rest of the team is going to stop trying. AOC may or may not be the answer, but it's a fact that Jimmy is not the answer.
What was Jimmy G's injury? Maybe he's playing at 75% like Derek Carr when he first came back earlier this season?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:24 am

QB play is atrocious lately. The vet QB (and Richardson) getting banged up isn't helping. Rodgers, Cousins, Carr, Jimmy, Stafford. Then you have guys like Geno, Pickett, Love, Jones and Watson who are turning into 0s. Mac Jones ain't it. Neither is Russ, Ridder or any other backup QB cosplaying as a starter.

It's way too early and I didn't plan for this to be a Levis post, but he legitimately has a debate for top 15 QB after just 1 performance. So many of these younger guys haven't panned out lately aside from Stroud and Purdy

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:29 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:36 am
Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:52 am Jimmy G looked almost as bad as Hoyer. Taking his recent woes into account, it was almost the kind of bad that makes you a permanent NFL backup going forward. Not just for the Raiders, but for any team. Jimmy looked d-o-n-e.

What was Jimmy G's injury? Maybe he's playing at 75% like Derek Carr when he first came back earlier this season?
Jimmy had a back/neck injury, and coming back too soon could probably have led to weaker throwing strength. But it isn't only compromised throwing strength that's hurting Jimmy, it's bad QB decisions.

When Carr came back at less than full strength, he played smarter football than Jimmy G has this season. Sure, Carr had only 127 and 183 yards in weeks 4-5, but he also had two TDs and zero interceptions, and completed 65% of his passes. Meanwhile, a (possibly) physically compromised JimmyG threw for his ninth INT on the season (in only 6 games) and completed less than half his pass attempts.

JimmyG is just not playing smart football. Combine that with his diminished physical ability and his inability to stay healthy, and it's not painting a pretty picture.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:02 am

I went into last night expecting my best team to lose a 2nd straight close matchup, as I was up by 3.5 and he had Adams left to play. Last week I just needed a few more points from Aiyuk, but he disappeared in the 2nd half after a hot start

Lost by 2 points last week, won by 1 point this week.

Maybe I need to explore more bestball leagues. This bleep is stressful lol
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, Lloyd, R.Davis, Vidal, Tracy
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Olave, Diggs, Diontae, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Bowers, Woods

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert, Zamir, Irving
WR: Chase, Aiyuk, Nico, Kupp, Kirk, Hollywood, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods

Team 3:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, Wicks, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:09 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:02 am I went into last night expecting my best team to lose a 2nd straight close matchup, as I was up by 3.5 and he had Adams left to play. Last week I just needed a few more points from Aiyuk, but he disappeared in the 2nd half after a hot start

Fantasy is crazy like that. I had a 6 point lead with nobody left going into last night against my opponent's Adams/Meyers combo and somehow pulled it out. Still shocked.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:38 am

Gibbs had 11 missed tackles forced last night.

Gibbs had 12 rushes of more than 5 yards last night.
Monty has 20 on the season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:44 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:38 am Gibbs had 11 missed tackles forced last night.

Gibbs had 12 rushes of more than 5 yards last night.
Monty has 20 on the season.
Monty also didn't get to play my Raiders D, with the offense being useless and keeping them out on the field either, to be fair.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:12 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:02 am I went into last night expecting my best team to lose a 2nd straight close matchup, as I was up by 3.5 and he had Adams left to play. Last week I just needed a few more points from Aiyuk, but he disappeared in the 2nd half after a hot start

I’m in 8 dynasty leagues right now. 3 of my 4 newest leagues are superflex TE premium ball dynasty leagues. One of them was actually a very stale league that we rebooted and re-drafted. I find these to be just as much fun if not more fun than lineup submission leagues. And for sure I’ve hit saturation point on the amount of leagues that I want to do waivers and lineups for.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:16 am

jordanzs wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:12 am

I’m in 8 dynasty leagues right now. 3 of my 4 newest leagues are superflex TE premium ball dynasty leagues. One of them was actually a very stale league that we rebooted and re-drafted. I find these to be just as much fun if not more fun than lineup submission leagues. And for sure I’ve hit saturation point on the amount of leagues that I want to do waivers and lineups for.
Best balls are fun. I did one that was a BB auction it was wild.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:28 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:16 am
jordanzs wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:12 am

Best balls are fun. I did one that was a BB auction it was wild.
I'm in one bestball league and I hate it. I think it's probably more of a specific league settings issue. Waivers only run once every four weeks or something. So that coupled with the fact that I don't need to visit my team to set a weekly lineup, makes it easy for me to neglect that team, and my roster reflects that.

I'm collectively 28-4 across my 4 dynasty leagues which are all 'managed' 12tm/PPR/SF leagues. But then my bestball team is 8-8 (weekly league median matchup), and still features Corey Davis, Carson Wentz, and Drew Lock. Idk I like it in theory, but it lends itself to being put on the backburner. Maybe I'll have to try one that requires more active management (regular waiver settings, etc.)

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:33 am

BB is all about the draft. Then it's typically set it and forget it.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: