Kendre Miller Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Kendre Miller Thread

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:53 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:37 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:16 pm Eno out for the year with a ruptured Achilles. One more domino down in that backfield that could lead to increased work for Kendre.
If Eno was threatening Miller, I’ve badly misjudged the rookie.
Not that Eno was great, but one less body to deal with in the stable.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:42 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:18 pm Well, it was still a woman.
oh my dog, this is so sexist!

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:08 am

Kareem Hunt is visiting the Saints this week. :)
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:11 am

j4pac wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:08 am Kareem Hunt is visiting the Saints this week. :)
Ew. If these 3 weeks Kamara is out, turns into a split between Jamaal Williams and Kareem Hunt :sick:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:20 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:11 am
j4pac wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:08 am Kareem Hunt is visiting the Saints this week. :)
Ew. If these 3 weeks Kamara is out, turns into a split between Jamaal Williams and Kareem Hunt :sick:
Doubt it. Hunt doesn't worry me much. He'd likely be behind those 2. They lost 2 RB's for the first 3 weeks, that's why they are looking for a RB. Eno and Kamara. Had they been looking for a RB before then, I'd be more worried. This is to fill out the back of the RB depth chart. Hunt has had no interest for a reason. The way Kendre looks right now, not worried at all.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:20 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:11 am
Doubt it. Hunt doesn't worry me much. He'd likely be behind those 2. They lost 2 RB's for the first 3 weeks, that's why they are looking for a RB. Eno and Kamara. Had they been looking for a RB before then, I'd be more worried. This is to fill out the back of the RB depth chart. Hunt has had no interest for a reason. The way Kendre looks right now, not worried at all.
Yeah big IF in my previous comment

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:23 am

To me they view Hunt as an obvious replacement to Kamara's role in the offense. Jamaal is going to get 2 downs, Hunt would get 3rd's and Miller will sprinkle in
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:18 am

Sounds official pending physical. If you were a Miller believer before, may be time to throw out some offers. Long term, still love the player and spot.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:33 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:23 am To me they view Hunt as an obvious replacement to Kamara's role in the offense. Jamaal is going to get 2 downs, Hunt would get 3rd's and Miller will sprinkle in
Likely. Though we need to see if Hunt even makes the final 53. Once Kamara got suspended, I think they were looking for someone, and with Eno going down, they were forced find someone, just to roster enough backs at that point. I didn't expect Kendre to get the 3rd down work week 1, with no OTA's, and being a 21 year old rookie, even with Kamara being suspended. He likely splits time with Jamaal on early downs, as you said. Jamaal will out touch him, unless Kendre forces his way out there more with his play.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:33 am
murphysxm wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:23 am To me they view Hunt as an obvious replacement to Kamara's role in the offense. Jamaal is going to get 2 downs, Hunt would get 3rd's and Miller will sprinkle in
Likely. Though we need to see if Hunt even makes the final 53. Once Kamara got suspended, I think they were looking for someone, and with Eno going down, they were forced find someone, just to roster enough backs at that point. I didn't expect Kendre to get the 3rd down work week 1, with no OTA's, and being a 21 year old rookie, even with Kamara being suspended. He likely splits time with Jamaal on early downs, as you said. Jamaal will out touch him, unless Kendre forces his way out there more with his play.
But why sign Hunt when you can sign plenty of other cheaper options? If you're just looking for depth then paying Hunt really doesn't seem like the smartest option.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:56 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:43 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:33 am
But why sign Hunt when you can sign plenty of other cheaper options? If you're just looking for depth then paying Hunt really doesn't seem like the smartest option.
Hunt has shown to be a solid 3rd down back. Pass catching and pass blocking. He may be the 4th RB on the roster, I could be wrong, but they are down to 2, essentially. Hunt is still out there for a reason. The Brown said he lost a step, and his advanced metrics suggest they were right. He's well past his prime, but he might be more trusted for a few games to be out there to pick up a blitz, than a 21 year old rookie, and he's got better hands than Jamaal, who they also don't want to have a 90 percent snap share, and be out there all the time.

He's certainly not being signed to be the lead back or anything. They had no interest prior to Kamara going down, and Eno tearing his achilles.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:25 am

I agree with your position on Hunt. Disagree that Miller is just a “sprinkle in” back. Talent will find the field and I think he’s got plenty of it. There’s a reason why Williams has been bouncing from team to team.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:12 pm

Now hearing this Hunt thing was all smoke.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:18 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:12 pm Now hearing this Hunt thing was all smoke.
He left NO without a contract. Onward to Indy now.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:32 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:18 pm
CGW wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:12 pm Now hearing this Hunt thing was all smoke.
He left NO without a contract. Onward to Indy now.
lol

Much ado about nothing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FNkpIDBtC2c