AJ Brown Official Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Re: AJ Brown Official Discussion Thread

Postby dustyroads » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:43 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:16 pm
Kmani6 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:24 pm Exactly. And Dupree + Autry > Davis and Jonnu in terms of team needs and especially at their respective prices.
Dupree vastly overrated because of box score scouting. A lot of his production came on unblocked plays and cleaning up after others like Watt and Heyward blew up a play, he doesn't have a good pass rush win rate or consistently provide pressure. Plus coming off a torn ACL. He won't have much impact for them and will just be another Clowney.
This. As a Steelers fan I was happy for Bud, but I think that was an overpay for him. He's an above average against the run, but mediocre pass rusher who greatly benefitted playing across one of the current best in the game. IMO the Jags biggest win to this point was getting back Alualu 2 years @ $6mil. Wish Steelers would have found that cash to have him stay, seems like a very good buy based on his talent and performance the past two years.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:52 am

dustyroads wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:43 am
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:16 pm
Kmani6 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:24 pm Exactly. And Dupree + Autry > Davis and Jonnu in terms of team needs and especially at their respective prices.
Dupree vastly overrated because of box score scouting. A lot of his production came on unblocked plays and cleaning up after others like Watt and Heyward blew up a play, he doesn't have a good pass rush win rate or consistently provide pressure. Plus coming off a torn ACL. He won't have much impact for them and will just be another Clowney.
This. As a Steelers fan I was happy for Bud, but I think that was an overpay for him. He's an above average against the run, but mediocre pass rusher who greatly benefitted playing across one of the current best in the game. IMO the Jags biggest win to this point was getting back Alualu 2 years @ $6mil. Wish Steelers would have found that cash to have him stay, seems like a very good buy based on his talent and performance the past two years.
Hilton for 4/24 doesn't seem too bad

I was hoping the Chiefs would take a shot on Sutton though if the Steelers would let him slip away

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:46 pm

hoos89 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:46 am People saying AJB...are you at all nervous about that offense without Henry? I'm a big fan of him (and have him in one of my two leagues) but have to say I'm a bit nervous. Also worry that injuries are going to be a theme for him.
Personally not at all. Not one of his injuries (as far as I am aware) has been recurring - and even with the knee pain last year his pace from Week 4 on had him as a top 5 WR (1000 yards in 12 games). Same thing again this season - his pace after the missed games has him top 6 WR. Obviously I think having Derrick Henry is better than not - but I feel as long as they have a believable run game (which Peterson can provide) that wont really hinder their scheme (and long term - ie more than 1+ year out it doesnt factor into my ranking).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:55 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:46 pm
hoos89 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:46 am People saying AJB...are you at all nervous about that offense without Henry? I'm a big fan of him (and have him in one of my two leagues) but have to say I'm a bit nervous. Also worry that injuries are going to be a theme for him.
Personally not at all. Not one of his injuries (as far as I am aware) has been recurring - and even with the knee pain last year his pace from Week 4 on had him as a top 5 WR (1000 yards in 12 games). Same thing again this season - his pace after the missed games has him top 6 WR. Obviously I think having Derrick Henry is better than not - but I feel as long as they have a believable run game (which Peterson can provide) that wont really hinder their scheme (and long term - ie more than 1+ year out it doesnt factor into my ranking).
Pretty sure his knees might be. He tore both meniscus last season it seems, and had surgery in the off season, and probably slightly retore one in camp, which is why he was having rest days etc during the week. I love AJB, but am a bit concerned about his longevity with his style of play, and injury issues, especially the knee thing.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".