Reggie Bush

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Reggie Bush

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:04 pm

No one's pretending it's 2011 and nobody's saying he's going to come in and get 20 carries a game. He wasn't that bad last year and was hurt.

He's had 1 debilitating injury in 4 years and has been effective, as a runner, for the past 4.

He's going to get 7-10 carries a game and dominate catches. Hyde's not good enough to carry the load by himself. This signing proves that.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:06 pm

MEuRaH wrote:Hyde is the clear #1. He was the first RB off the boards in 2014 for a reason
What board is that exactly?
MEuRaH wrote:I wouldn't waste a 4th rounder on him. Barring injury, Bush will never contribute, and therefore will never be a starter again, let alone a bye-week fill-in. I'd rather take a chance on a lottery ticket rookie.
You're almost always wrong so this is hilarious.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:08 pm

DLFiend wrote:
MEuRaH wrote:Hyde is the clear #1. He was the first RB off the boards in 2014 for a reason
MEuRaH wrote:I wouldn't waste a 4th rounder on him. Barring injury, Bush will never contribute, and therefore will never be a starter again, let alone a bye-week fill-in. I'd rather take a chance on a lottery ticket rookie.
Hill was the first back drafted if I remember correctly.

No way Hunter is close to Reggie's talent level. They're not even close.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:11 pm

MEuRaH wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:I just don't think Hyde is that good. He'll get more carries than Reggie because of his running style, but I still see Reggie as the superior talent.
Superior talent? Not even close imo.

Hyde is the clear #1. He was the first RB off the boards in 2014 for a reason, and they let Gore walk without an attempt to bring him back (according to Gore).

As a HUGE 49er fan, Bush is nothing more than a change-of-pace, 3rd down back. Hell, I think Kendall Hunter can do everything Bush can do, which is what infuriates me about this signing. Bush is depth only, nothing more.

I wouldn't waste a 4th rounder on him. Barring injury, Bush will never contribute, and therefore will never be a starter again, let alone a bye-week fill-in. I'd rather take a chance on a lottery ticket rookie.
Bingo. Bush has really slowed down the last two seasons. This to me only increases Hyde's value in my eyes because it is less likely the Niners spend a draft pick on another RB. Bush is ZERO threat to Hyde's starting job.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:12 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
DLFiend wrote:
Hill was the first back drafted if I remember correctly.

No way Hunter is close to Reggie's talent level. They're not even close.
You remember incorrectly.
Bush is the best back-up Hyde owners could have hoped for. He's locked in now, without question.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:12 pm

DLFiend wrote:No one's pretending it's 2011 and nobody's saying he's going to come in and get 20 carries a game. He wasn't that bad last year and was hurt.

He's had 1 debilitating injury in 4 years and has been effective, as a runner, for the past 4.

He's going to get 7-10 carries a game and dominate catches. Hyde's not good enough to carry the load by himself. This signing proves that.
hyde was better than bush last year, but now reggie bush should be named the starter according to your talent evaluation. the signing proves nothing, eagles sign demarco murray and ryan mathews, i guess that means demarco murray sucks now

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:13 pm

DLFiend wrote:I was right about Gio and C-Patt and Ball and I'll be right about Hyde too. He's not good, not athletic, has no vision, poor hands, can't block, etc. etc.

From a talent perspective, Bush > Hyde. Not saying that Hyde isn't more valuable, but if you're thinking that this doesn't put a ding in his value, then you need to reevaluate your judgment.
So do you think that Bush will outproduce Hyde this season? Care to make a bet on that?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:16 pm

DJB wrote:
MEuRaH wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:I just don't think Hyde is that good. He'll get more carries than Reggie because of his running style, but I still see Reggie as the superior talent.
Superior talent? Not even close imo.

Hyde is the clear #1. He was the first RB off the boards in 2014 for a reason, and they let Gore walk without an attempt to bring him back (according to Gore).

As a HUGE 49er fan, Bush is nothing more than a change-of-pace, 3rd down back. Hell, I think Kendall Hunter can do everything Bush can do, which is what infuriates me about this signing. Bush is depth only, nothing more.

I wouldn't waste a 4th rounder on him. Barring injury, Bush will never contribute, and therefore will never be a starter again, let alone a bye-week fill-in. I'd rather take a chance on a lottery ticket rookie.
Bingo. Bush has really slowed down the last two seasons. This to me only increases Hyde's value in my eyes because it is less likely the Niners spend a draft pick on another RB. Bush is ZERO threat to Hyde's starting job.
exactlty, i dont know how good hyde will be, but i do know reggie bush wont take his job unless he completely sucks.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Nobody's saying Bush is going to take Hyde's job. Literally, nobody is saying that. But Bush siphoning off some early down work, dominating 3rd down work, and 2-minute drills v.s. soft prevent defenses is going to be draining on Hyde's value.

Hyde still has a lot to prove at the NFL level and the 49ers have a lot to think about if they think a Kaepernick/Hyde backfield is going to scare anyone, especially in that division.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:30 pm

And as others on this board have already pointed out:
bigchiefbc wrote:Yeah, Bush had 250 touches for 3 years running before last year. I know that the book on him says he's always hurt, but that's more perception than reality.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:52 pm

The first three RBs in the 2014 draft: Sankey, Hill, Hyde, in that order, all within four picks.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm sure Meurah will issue a retraction any moment now.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:19 pm

DLFiend wrote:Nobody's saying Bush is going to take Hyde's job. Literally, nobody is saying that.
You said he's more talented which implies you think he should and eventually will take Hydes job. Otherwise I have no idea what "more talented" means. Maybe you mean he's more talented as a 3rd down back but you never specified that. The only stats you can bring up to support your theory are from several years ago, before Bush was on the 49ers, and before Bush was 30 years old. The most recent stats support the idea that right now, Hyde is a better RB than Bush to carry the load.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Darkness wrote:You said he's more talented which implies you think he should and eventually will take Hydes job.
No it doesn't. I'm not saying that. In fact, if you go back and look, I specifically said that (i.e. stating that Hyde is still the more valuable piece). I think CJ Spiller is more talented than Ingram but I wouldn't count on him being the more valuable RB. I also wouldn't be as ignorant to say that Spiller's signing doesn't impact Ingram's value. It most certainly does, just the same way that Bush's signing hurts Hyde.
Darkness wrote: The most recent stats support the idea that right now, Hyde is a better RB than Bush to carry the load.
And what stats are those exactly?

Beaufreka
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Beaufreka » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:56 pm

What do we think Bushs value is in draft picks now that he's with SF?
16 team TE Premium
QB: Luck, Bortles
RB: Mason, Reggie Bush, Spiller, Riddick, Gaffney, Grimes
WR: Marqise Lee, Djax, Colston, Quick, Wheaton, D.Carter, Toon, A. Wilson, Aiken, Bailey, D. Moore
TE: Graham, L. Wilson
1.06, 2.06, 3.01, 3.06, 3.16, 4.06