#1 Overall in a PPR 12 Dynasty League Who to Pick

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

#1 Overall Pick in a PPR Dynasty League

McFadden
59%
Stewart
15%
Mendenhall
26%

Total votes: 27

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:34 pm

From the games I've watched and the recent preseason play I rank them as follows:

Mendenhall
Mcfadden
Stewart

When I watch mendenhall run, I see someone who consistently breaks tackles, has great lateral mobility, sees the hole and also has amazing balance. Watching him run is a beautiful thing. He went to the steelers who have shown that they love to run....and that they dont really like committees - perrfect place for the long term.

Mcfadden is amazing when you put a large hole in front of him - none of the other backs can take advantage of a hole like him. But he doesnt create plays - they have to be put in front of him. He drops at the first tackler most times, and doesnt have great vision for the cutback or alternative holes around him. He went to Oakland, where Al Davis is a bleep nutjob who wont ever get him the supporting cast he needs in the offense to succeed - and probably will draft the top RB again next year just because he can.

Stewart is a bruiser on a team who likes to run. I think he will be solid but unspectacular down the line. He does have great hands though so if you are in PPR he has more value.

I traded LT for the #1 pick (and Ted Ginn) this year - and I used it on Mendenhall because I see him being amazing for years to come. I dont expect big things this year, but for the future Mendenhall is the best prospect.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:26 pm

thevidon wrote:From the games I've watched and the recent preseason play I rank them as follows:

Mendenhall
Mcfadden
Stewart

When I watch mendenhall run, I see someone who consistently breaks tackles, has great lateral mobility, sees the hole and also has amazing balance. Watching him run is a beautiful thing. He went to the steelers who have shown that they love to run....and that they dont really like committees - perrfect place for the long term.

Mcfadden is amazing when you put a large hole in front of him - none of the other backs can take advantage of a hole like him. But he doesnt create plays - they have to be put in front of him. He drops at the first tackler most times, and doesnt have great vision for the cutback or alternative holes around him. He went to Oakland, where Al Davis is a bleep nutjob who wont ever get him the supporting cast he needs in the offense to succeed - and probably will draft the top RB again next year just because he can.

Stewart is a bruiser on a team who likes to run. I think he will be solid but unspectacular down the line. He does have great hands though so if you are in PPR he has more value.

I traded LT for the #1 pick (and Ted Ginn) this year - and I used it on Mendenhall because I see him being amazing for years to come. I dont expect big things this year, but for the future Mendenhall is the best prospect.
Keep the language CLEAN please.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 am

kris_kapsner wrote:
thevidon wrote:From the games I've watched and the recent preseason play I rank them as follows:

Mendenhall
Mcfadden
Stewart

Keep the language CLEAN please.
Looking back on this I can honestly say that the only dirty thing I said was that Mcfadden is a amazing when you put a large hole in front of him.

I was clearly giving too much credit. :P

PS - I fully stick by my Al Davis comment

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:36 am

Steelersfan wrote:Long term Mendenhall no doubt.
I'm still sticking with my original thought... :wink:

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:29 pm

I think I would go with cj or rice......... :D
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:35 pm

wait how did the mendy homer miss THIS thread.... im ashamed :oops:

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:35 pm

mendenhall. he is the clear cut starter

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:08 pm

pvballer3915 wrote:mendenhall. he is the clear cut starter
You do realise this thread was started in 2008?...

Its just been re-hashed for flaming purposes.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:10 pm

hostile wrote:
pvballer3915 wrote:mendenhall. he is the clear cut starter
You do realise this thread was started in 2008?...

Its just been re-hashed for flaming purposes.
wow... i did not notice that lol..