Is Gibbs a luxury I can’t afford?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is Gibbs a luxury I can’t afford?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 23, 2024 8:50 am

kellysheroes wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:22 am
tstafford wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:38 am
kellysheroes wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:30 am 2nd yr
22 yrs old
On one of the best offenses in the NFL
Passed the Eyeball test
His RBBC leaves next yr
Already had an RB10 finish
what RB would you want more than Gibbs in dynasty
It can be simultaneously true that he's a top option at RB and won't have six more years of elite production.
Well, I guess you can say that about every player in the league... if MHJ tears his ACL multiple times in a row then his elite status is gone too. But IMHO Gibbs is a stud and based on his talent he should remain high in RB rankings for yrs
This would make him an anomaly almost all to himself over the last decade.

Gurley didn’t do it. Saquon kind of, but he’s had some serious lows. Zeke & Kamara honestly have come close to this but we’re talking what, a 4-year span of relative dominance?

Feels like CMC has done this in terms of yearly ADP, but he had a stretch of several years there where he couldn’t sustain any kind of season-long production due to injuries.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu May 23, 2024 9:35 am

How is draft order determined for next year?

Assuming it’s based on record, I’m moving both RBs all day (if you can get fair value) for non-RBs and picks.

Rb hole creates a worse starting lineup, better draft pick next year, and it’s a better rb draft class (we think anyway)

Actually I guess this is assuming you have your first next year, do you?

I’d also move KA and any of your QBs outside of Herb. In SF bestball Brissett has value to whoever drafts Maye

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu May 23, 2024 10:02 am

Jrblaha wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:35 am How is draft order determined for next year?

Assuming it’s based on record, I’m moving both RBs all day (if you can get fair value) for non-RBs and picks.

Rb hole creates a worse starting lineup, better draft pick next year, and it’s a better rb draft class (we think anyway)

I’d also move KA and any of your QBs outside of Herb. In SF bestball Brissett has value to whoever drafts Maye

KA will be on the move. I just know I won’t get anything better than a 3rd right now. I’ll wait until he’s producing and hope to sell for a base 2 in ‘25

Same with Brissett, I don’t expect to get anything right now

Draft order will be based on max potential points for non-playoff teams, which I expect to be

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu May 23, 2024 1:51 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:02 am
Jrblaha wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:35 am How is draft order determined for next year?

KA will be on the move. I just know I won’t get anything better than a 3rd right now. I’ll wait until he’s producing and hope to sell for a base 2 in ‘25

Same with Brissett, I don’t expect to get anything right now

Draft order will be based on max potential points for non-playoff teams, which I expect to be
nice, that’s how I do Ka and Brissett as well. If KA is going well, I think you’ll get multiple 2nds for him.

And the worse the max points are the better your pick is right? And you do have your first next year right? If yes and yes, I’d move your RBs for non-RBs and picks, have a down year and be set up to get RBs in 2025

Id probably wait until closer to the season/week1 to move your RBs though, they’ll be more valuable for some teams then unless you have rookie fever for this class