Nacua vs Mayers

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Nacua vs Mayers

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:15 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:21 pm
Tvols wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:32 pm
CGW wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:42 am If it's a 2TEP, Mayer was likely a mid to late 1st. Getting a young TE with upside potential isn't easy in that format. You will feel dumb as heck if Puka turns back into a pumpkin and you didn't sell him when you had the chance.
yes , there is that side too. He revoked so i sent it back to him now on him.
That's me! We're in the same league :lol: :lol:
Last edited by slaughterrt on Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:18 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:50 am had to come back and check on this one how we feeling now?
Do we make dynasty decisions based on every single week now? Or did I miss it and this was a redraft inquiry?

Sure, Puka is far and away more useful today...but if Mayer is even remotely startable in a 2TEP format, it'll even out.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:46 am

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:18 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:50 am had to come back and check on this one how we feeling now?
Do we make dynasty decisions based on every single week now? Or did I miss it and this was a redraft inquiry?

Sure, Puka is far and away more useful today...but if Mayer is even remotely startable in a 2TEP format, it'll even out.
no but the community loves to write off surprises and say sell high or get off now before the let down and this was one of those cases. and i dont agree it would even out by mayer being a usable te... nacua is getting absurd volume and is absolutely the real deal.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

mikedigs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mikedigs » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:04 am

Tvols wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:08 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:21 pm
Tvols wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:32 pm

yes , there is that side too. He revoked so i sent it back to him now on him.
That's me! We're in the same league :lol: :lol:
Interesting had no idea, it sure explains some thing lol.
This is an awesome forum moment! I always wonder if my league mates are here and if they see my posts.
12 TM PPR / TEP / 1 QB / Start 8

QB: J Hurts
RB: K Williams, T Spears, C Brown
WR: T Higgins, D Smith, G Pickens, Z Flowers, J Reed
TE: McBride, E Engram, I Likely

2024: 1.02, 1.08, 4.07, 5.07, 6.07, 7.07

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:32 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:46 am

no but the community loves to write off surprises and say sell high or get off now before the let down and this was one of those cases. and i dont agree it would even out by mayer being a usable te... nacua is getting absurd volume and is absolutely the real deal.
Sure, and I remember when folks were banging the hammer and saying Travis Fulgham was the next star after his hot start in 2020. I was too "stuck in my old evaluations" when I suggested selling. Puka could be the real deal. He did a lot to show it wasn't a fluke yesterday. But there's still nothing wrong with selling high. There's a lot of value in that, even if it's early.

Point is, there no value in weekly victory laps. Dynasty valuations should be long term and objective. There's zero way to know with certainty how either of these players turn out so we are all just guessing based on their traits and situations.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:44 am

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:32 am

Sure, and I remember when folks were banging the hammer and saying Travis Fulgham was the next star after his hot start in 2020. I was too "stuck in my old evaluations" when I suggested selling. Puka could be the real deal. He did a lot to show it wasn't a fluke yesterday. But there's still nothing wrong with selling high. There's a lot of value in that, even if it's early.

Point is, there no value in weekly victory laps. Dynasty valuations should be long term and objective. There's zero way to know with certainty how either of these players turn out so we are all just guessing based on their traits and situations.
I just had conviction on this one as i liked pukas tape and profile a lot. had to victory lap it after you used my own words to mock me haha. its all good tho no hard feelings. i learned my lesson of dont sell high when everyone says to off tyreek hill so i generally take a wait and see approach, cashing out on the pachecos of the world for a 3rd because you got em for free sometimes works but when it backfires you feel that for years and think about it like man why did i hurry and sell.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:10 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:44 am
CGW wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:32 am

I just had conviction on this one as i liked pukas tape and profile a lot. had to victory lap it after you used my own words to mock me haha. its all good tho no hard feelings. i learned my lesson of dont sell high when everyone says to off tyreek hill so i generally take a wait and see approach, cashing out on the pachecos of the world for a 3rd because you got em for free sometimes works but when it backfires you feel that for years and think about it like man why did i hurry and sell.
I agree with most of this. I think it comes down to dynasty mindset. I feel like I’ve been burned more holding onto guys too long, so I tend to move for value early nowadays. And it has definitely bit me a few times. Other times it works out great. I don’t think either side is wrong here yet. It will take time to play out.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:38 pm

Man… in a 2PPR league I’m not sad to be holding Mayer but holy crap Nacua might be for real for real 😂
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:44 pm

I don't see anything paradoxical in making decisions in dynasty on the basis of 1-2 games. Dynasty is all about potential; and potential sometimes is revealed in 1-2 games. Puka did not just pop off. He is setting records, and no matter how many targets Kupp commands when he comes back, this guy is here to stay. These two games have shown 1) elite ability to get open (reported throughout camp); and 2) amazing synergy with Stafford. You bet I'm making my dynasty decision on the basis of this!