Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Preseason: Week 3 thread

Postby abloom » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:53 am

81- wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:47 am Any starters into tonight's games? I'd look, but I assume you poeple know
Likely no. Or if so probably just for a series or two.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:13 am

Going to vent just a bit for no particular reason on this. I’m a Lawrence owner and this is chafing at me a bit

JAX is looking to keep Beathard over Rourke as their backup to Lawrence. Beathard has thrown over 500 passes in his NFL career, is 2-10 as a starter with a 58% completion rate and an 18/14 TD/INT ratio. He’s had enough opportunity to show that if you are forced to put him in because of an injury that he’s not going to drive an offense and you’re going to lose the games he’s in.

Then you’ve got Rourke who has no NFL experience but was prolific as a QB in the CFL, has made plays in the PS games and in OTAs that we’ve seen, and reports are that he makes the same plays consistently in practice. He’s touted by teammates as an extraordinarily hard worker and that the team likes him.

So why would a team favor a QB who by all accounts has been unsuccessful in his opportunities to date and will not adequately fill the position if forced to play in games over a guy who at least has the looks of having traits that would make him the better option of the two, seems to have a bit of an “it” factor, and who the team will likely rally behind?

I just don’t get this. Thanks for listening.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:16 am

abloom wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:53 am
81- wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:47 am Any starters into tonight's games? I'd look, but I assume you poeple know
Likely no. Or if so probably just for a series or two.
Jag playing starter for up to an entire half. :thumbdown:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:17 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:10 am
mild wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:07 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:49 pm

It’s Happening.
Count me in the "not happening" camp - just no chance this changes solely from Preseason. (It's a mid-season move, if at all)

Here's 45mil guaranteed reasons why Jimmy G is the Week 1 starter:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-r ... olo-14472/

Further to that - much like Trask/Baker... you don't start with the young guy if they're both equal-ish. It's way easier to go from Baker/Jimmy G to the young guy mid-season, locker-room and organisationally speaking - than it is to go the other way round (and basically start the season by calling your (expensive Jimmy G!) FA QB acquisition a mistake).
If I had to bet money on AO'C starting week 1, I would not do it.
But I am saying therrrrrrrrrrrrres a possibility.
There really isn't. Not unless Jimmy G gets hurt.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:24 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:13 am Going to vent just a bit for no particular reason on this. I’m a Lawrence owner and this is chafing at me a bit

JAX is looking to keep Beathard over Rourke as their backup to Lawrence. Beathard has thrown over 500 passes in his NFL career, is 2-10 as a starter with a 58% completion rate and an 18/14 TD/INT ratio. He’s had enough opportunity to show that if you are forced to put him in because of an injury that he’s not going to drive an offense and you’re going to lose the games he’s in.

Then you’ve got Rourke who has no NFL experience but was prolific as a QB in the CFL, has made plays in the PS games and in OTAs that we’ve seen, and reports are that he makes the same plays consistently in practice. He’s touted by teammates as an extraordinarily hard worker and that the team likes him.

So why would a team favor a QB who by all accounts has been unsuccessful in his opportunities to date and will not adequately fill the position if forced to play in games over a guy who at least has the looks of having traits that would make him the better option of the two, seems to have a bit of an “it” factor, and who the team will likely rally behind?

Outside perspective, but perhaps they're letting him walk to see if he can latch on somewhere else for a potential starting job? They know he'll never start over Lawerance pending an injury. It's an odd concept, but it has happened before.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:33 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:24 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:13 am Going to vent just a bit for no particular reason on this. I’m a Lawrence owner and this is chafing at me a bit

Outside perspective, but perhaps they're letting him walk to see if he can latch on somewhere else for a potential starting job? They know he'll never start over Lawerance pending an injury. It's an odd concept, but it has happened before.
I hope you’re right. I’d like to see him catch on if JAX makes the mistake of punting on him. I’d just like to handcuff Lawrence to try to capture those offensive numbers but there’s no chance in Hell that I’d roster Beathard. Rourke seems to have some Jeff Garcia in him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:37 am

Fields and Bears starters to play this week.
Janiel Dones Truther

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:18 pm

Yeah, but CJ Beathard is the best ping-pong player on the team. And he's also Lawrence's doubles partner in the locker room tournaments.
https://www.jacksonville.com/story/spor ... 319306001/

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:24 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:24 am

Coaches value experience of getting team into & out of plays from seeing defensive adjustments. Maybe Rourke has the better physical tools when it is just "run this play" but not so good as Bethard in " managing " the offense. NFL QB position takes a very good brain to retain the information & then communicate it to the team in the short amount of time you have. Just being more physically gifted doesn't mean you are better @ executing the offense.

That's why the shell of Peyton Manning was better than the Brock Lobster for the Broncos chances of winning the Super Bowl. In camp the physical ability wasn't even close. Brock was far superior & made Peyton's noodle arm look vastly inferior.Osweiler didn't have the Manning mind though. Bethard probably knows the playbook better the Trevor so the coaching staff has a comfort zone w/ him.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:27 pm

drobes wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:18 pm

Yeah, but CJ Beathard is the best ping-pong player on the team. And he's also Lawrence's doubles partner in the locker room tournaments.
That solves that mystery

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:31 pm

drobes wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:18 pm

In all seriousness, Doug Pederson himself wasn't the most talented, capable or exciting backup QB. But for 7 years he was a great clipboard-holder for Brett Favre. He was likely an influential behind-the-scenes and meeting room presence who helped the Packers get the most out of Farve.

Maybe Pederson sees some of himself in CJ Beathard? :think:

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:39 pm

Waaaay too many posts about the worthless Jags backup LOL. Gross!

I’m with the crowd that is excited to see what Aidan does again. He was a total gamer in college and was always competitive and a sharp passer. I know he won’t start the season ahead of Jimmy G, but I can see a scenario where they give him a shot if the Raiders are like 2-10 to see what they have. Jimmy prob banged up before that though sadly. That foot scares me as a Jimmy G owner.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:26 pm

Needalife wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:39 pm Waaaay too many posts about the worthless Jags backup LOL. Gross!

I gotta have more Beathard!

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:36 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:26 pmI gotta have more Beathard!
Said no one ever except his wife.
Needalife wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:39 pmI’m with the crowd that is excited to see what Aidan does again. He was a total gamer in college and was always competitive and a sharp passer. I know he won’t start the season ahead of Jimmy G, but I can see a scenario where they give him a shot if the Raiders are like 2-10 to see what they have. Jimmy prob banged up before that though sadly. That foot scares me as a Jimmy G owner.
Yeah, I don't think he'll start week 1. But I think it will be earlier than week 13. Like you said, Jimmy will be carted off long before that point. Jimmy is a good enough QB, but he just can't stay healthy.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock