Training Camp Hype 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Training Camp Hype 2023

Postby Lumps » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:56 am It's the first or second day of practice. Why do people do this every year? LOL
Why do you do this every thread with info about non games? :lol:

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:16 pm

Olamide Zacheus is going to be a WR1 this year

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:33 pm

Anteaters wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:02 am Are we ready to put Lamar in the race for most passing yards of 2023, or should we wait another week? :think: (I think I'm just about ready to almost maybe do it. All I need is some training camp hype video and I think I'm all in)
Lol. No, absolutely not.

Let's see him break 4000 first.

Kirk Cousins has had a 4000+ season pretty much every year as a starter.

Let's see Lamar get to "Kirk Cousins" level first. :lol:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:56 am It's the first or second day of practice. Why do people do this every year? LOL
When can we actually start believing anything before games start? This is technically the last chance to buy on players before you can't get them anymore.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:32 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:33 pmLet's see Lamar get to "Kirk Cousins" level first. :lol:
Fair enough. But I'm revving the engine, waiting for the flag to drop
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:20 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:03 pm
Lol, It’s the boring off season, what else is there to do?
I know, but the idea Zay Flowers is "gaining steam" etc after 1 practice. It just cracks me up. Like, one person says something about a guy making a couple of grabs and all of a sudden we're supposed to what? Boost his value by an additional first rounder? It's just people are starved for football. People are building mountains out of mole hills after a single practice. I mean, people on twitter are literally showing guys running half speed routes vs coaches and saying he looks great. Seriously. :lol:

Denzel Mims is making 1 handed grabs in drills, DPJ is catching passes, everybody is getting hyped right now, is all I'm saying. If there are guys who are dropping passes, not doing things right, that's more of a concern to me. Especially 7 on 7 stuff. Offenses should always be making plays there, so I don't really care all that much about it.

There's a lot of info out there, hype is the title of the thread, no doubt. So much of it will turn out to be worthless, or misleading, just like every year. I rarely use this time of year to try and acquire players. If they get hyped a bit in camp, owners tend to believe it and increase their perceived value. I'm more prone to trading guys away based on camp hype, personally.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:35 pm

the counting of completions particularly cracks me up. like if the qb has an incompletion somehow that's bad.

i don't think these guys know what training camp is about. they're all fantasy football guys, don't know bleep about football.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:41 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:35 pm the counting of completions particularly cracks me up. like if the qb has an incompletion somehow that's bad.

i don't think these guys know what training camp is about. they're all fantasy football guys, don't know bleep about football.
It drives clicks in a massive way. Fans and Fantasy people alike are both rabid for anything at this point of the year.

We're basically returning from 40 years of wandering the desert. We'll eat anything.
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:20 pm Denzel Mims is making 1 handed grabs in drills, DPJ is catching passes, everybody is getting hyped right now...
DPJ low-key had a pretty good year last season... 840 yards in a Run-first offense that featured another 1100 yard WR... not awful.

Intrigued to see if he might be one of Watson's "guys" if it's a bounceback year for Mr. Massage. His skillset definitely fits what DW likes to throw in terms of vertical shot plays a la Fuller (unsure on DPJ's massage skills though)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:16 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:20 pm
I know, but the idea Zay Flowers is "gaining steam" etc after 1 practice. It just cracks me up. Like, one person says something about a guy making a couple of grabs and all of a sudden we're supposed to what? Boost his value by an additional first rounder? It's just people are starved for football. People are building mountains out of mole hills after a single practice. I mean, people on twitter are literally showing guys running half speed routes vs coaches and saying he looks great. Seriously. :lol:

Denzel Mims is making 1 handed grabs in drills, DPJ is catching passes, everybody is getting hyped right now, is all I'm saying. If there are guys who are dropping passes, not doing things right, that's more of a concern to me. Especially 7 on 7 stuff. Offenses should always be making plays there, so I don't really care all that much about it.

There's a lot of info out there, hype is the title of the thread, no doubt. So much of it will turn out to be worthless, or misleading, just like every year. I rarely use this time of year to try and acquire players. If they get hyped a bit in camp, owners tend to believe it and increase their perceived value. I'm more prone to trading guys away based on camp hype, personally.
I think these are the wrong things to be looking at for "hype".

I said it in another thread when the conversation came up, but you want to look at more detailed things. I'm not going to say names, but there are quite a few players who have been stringing along very good and consistent reviews from the beginning of the offseason to now. Hopefully people bought them earlier and aren't just recognizing them now because of a one-handed catch.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:46 am

I get what you’re saying but I’d also rather be hearing positive nuggets about my dynasty players right now than anything negative.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:51 am

Blah blah blah blah blah

Just TRY to tell me this isn't useful information!

Bijan Robinson taking carries at half speed is still beautiful. #Falcons

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:56 am

Mostly agree with this, but then you see what happened to Pierce last year when he rocketed up the draft boards.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:28 am

any wr that catches a ball is getting hyped up by these fan boys impersonating themselves as journalists.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:23 am

I love training camp hype. This is the time to flip your 4th round picks into 2nds and 2nds into 1sts.

Rashee Rice going to move into the late 1st soon with a little more hype
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Menace2010
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Menace2010 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:42 am

Tutu Atwell getting a bit of off-season hype... anything to see here? WR going into his 3rd year, could be a descent deep threat, though given his size doubt he can be much more. Worth and end of roster bench stash?