End of season waiver wire pickups

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: End of season waiver wire pickups

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:10 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:57 pm Chigoziem Okonkwo, rookie TE with the Titans, is getting a lot more snaps lately. A good stash.
I learned the hard way that he's likely already rostered everywhere.

I was scouring the waiver wire in my redraft/keeper leagues this weekend looking for a TE. Came across him, looked at his snap share & stats over the past few weeks, and thought "that's not a name I know, maybe I can snag him as a stash on my dynasty teams"

Rostered in 8/8 leagues lol

I've been asleep this season :wall:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:10 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:32 pm Going into the offseason my approach is nearly the same in all line-up leagues.

Cut roster clogger WRs and back-up QBs that needed an injury to be relevant.

Add any RB that could land on a 53 man roster in 2023.
I really have nothing to add to this
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:16 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:10 pm
halfbaked88 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:32 pm Going into the offseason my approach is nearly the same in all line-up leagues.

I like it.

What do I do with a QB that just got the injury needed to be relevant, but I didn't make the playoffs and the trade deadline has passed?

(Colt McCoy)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:44 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:16 pm

I like it.

What do I do with a QB that just got the injury needed to be relevant, but I didn't make the playoffs and the trade deadline has passed?

(Colt McCoy)
Relevant is a movable term..... For me McCoy is nobody I ever am starting unless disaster strikes. I would have no loyalty
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:19 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:44 pm

I like it.

(Colt McCoy)
Relevant is a movable term..... For me McCoy is nobody I ever am starting unless disaster strikes. I would have no loyalty
Sure, I meant relevant in the sense that it sucks for me because the Kyler manager is now down to 1 QB and likely would have given me something for McCoy, and in the sense that I'm sure several contenders would bid on him if I dropped him.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:51 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:19 pm
murphysxm wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:44 pm

I like it.

(Colt McCoy)
Sure, I meant relevant in the sense that it sucks for me because the Kyler manager is now down to 1 QB and likely would have given me something for McCoy, and in the sense that I'm sure several contenders would bid on him if I dropped him.
Trade deadline passed = drop him. Unless you just wanna spite whoever needs a QB for the next few weeks lol

I did happen to look at Colt McCoy's contract he's signed through next year free agent in 2024. AZ wouldn't save much cutting him so he'll be on the roster at least as a back-up next year.

Best case he's the 2023 Jacoby Brissett fantasy wise and is just a filler QB until Kyler comes back. That would mean the Cardinals are tanking. I really don't know enough about that to comment on that mess and if Kingsbury is getting fired.
-----
For me, if dropping Colt McCoy helps you shed points in a PF draft order league to move up even 1 draft spot or prevent losing 1 you do it and don't think twice about it.

If you're locked in your draft spot anyway I'm fine holding..... if there are no RBs left in waivers. Personally I just grab RBs. Much easier path to relevance and much more likely for something to happen in the off-season with RB shufflings.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:21 pm

Csl312 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:54 am I admit the players I mentioned are probably rostered in most leagues. But some good thoughts here. I've been less on top of who had an expiring contract etc lately.

Not sure Isabella is worth a roster spot though. Seems like if he hasn't put it together by now it probably won't happen.
Yes, Isabella is a pretty low likelihood play, but I generally like to see a guy get a shot with two teams in case his first team is incompetent and I was aiming deep. I might consider giving Ashton Dulin another year if he’s available as well.

Kene Nwangwu might be a decent option as he might get a real shot at the backup job next year with the Mattison’s contract up.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:54 am

Another one to keep in mind, though probably more as a watchlist candidate: Andrew Ogletree, IND TE. 6th round pick this year, but climbed the depth chart quickly and was running with the starters in camp, ahead of Woods. Knee injury in mid-August ended his season, but he might be healthy again for OTAs.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:01 am

If Shaheed is still available in your league, I’d get him. Really impressive rookie for the Saints. He’s pretty much their #2 WR right now and returns kicks.

Mayfield was in a league converting to SF next year…so I got him. Why not? I also got Daniel Jones a few weeks ago. Can’t get enough QBs in SF. Pretty much any RB with any level of upside should be rostered. Ford for Cleveland, for example.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:14 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:01 am If Shaheed is still available in your league, I’d get him. Really impressive rookie for the Saints. He’s pretty much their #2 WR right now and returns kicks.

Mayfield was in a league converting to SF next year…so I got him. Why not? I also got Daniel Jones a few weeks ago. Can’t get enough QBs in SF. Pretty much any RB with any level of upside should be rostered. Ford for Cleveland, for example.
I stashed Baker too. Was a little surprised the owner dropped him. QB are gold and I don't think he's done yet. Is he going to be reliable ever again? Probably not :lol:

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:20 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:14 am
j4pac wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:01 am If Shaheed is still available in your league, I’d get him. Really impressive rookie for the Saints. He’s pretty much their #2 WR right now and returns kicks.

I stashed Baker too. Was a little surprised the owner dropped him. QB are gold and I don't think he's done yet. Is he going to be reliable ever again? Probably not :lol:
While I understand that QB are gold. Do you really think you're going start him or ever be able to trade him? He's basically just going to sit clogging up your bench instead. It's an odd conundrum we all play.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:30 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:20 am

While I understand that QB are gold. Do you really think you're going start him or ever be able to trade him? He's basically just going to sit clogging up your bench instead. It's an odd conundrum we all play.
I hope not as I have Mahomes and Herbert in this particular league lol maybe a bye week fill in for the future? But its better than picking up Rypien or Brissett who are the next best available QBs.

I could stash more RB, there's a few out there, but just as long of a shot for starting them as Baker probably.

99% of the names in this thread for deeper leagues (Chig doesn't count, he should be rostered everywhere weeks ago) won't amount to anything and get dropped for the next flavor of the week anyways. I love this game lol

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:35 am

• I just grabbed both NEP RB—Strong and Harris.
• Tutu Atwell.
• Grabbed Tim Patrick and stuck him on IR. My leagues have 2-4 spots.
• In a two-te league, I grabbed Austin Hooper.
• Burkhead, for a team where we start a MINIMUM of three RBs—I'm in the playoffs. Desperation move—also Hasty and KHarris.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:53 am

Stashes in one league.

Minshew
Armani Rogers
J Ford/D Johnson/Felton, Cleveland RBs
Rasheed Shahid
Calvin Austin
Troy Hairston (rostered by D Pierce owner)
Atwell/Brandon Powell/McCutcheon, LAR WRs
K Shakir
Noah Gray
Crowder
Danny Gray
Deon Jackson
Tre McKitty
Raheem Blackshear
Malik Davis
Shenault
Jeremy Ruckert
Granson/Ogletree, Indy TEs
Dwayne Eskridge
Sterling Shepard
Montrell Washington
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:45 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:20 am

A stash isn’t someone you are expecting to play in his year. It’s a player that isn’t rostered right now that can gain value after the offseason. RBs are always good options because guys get hurt ahead of them, and the position is pretty plug and play. But after that, QBs in SF are next. Mayfield may have value if he plays well the rest of the way. Stafford could retire…and the Rams are a good destination.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave