Spiller vs TDP vs Allgier

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Spiller vs TDP vs Allgier

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:40 am

jman3134 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:38 am Spiller but the group as a whole is probably not doing much this year. Tough when you jump out of the gate with an injury like Spiller is and already have a solid veteran in place as a backup with Michel.
It doesn’t help that Spiller runs like he has a piano on his back.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:47 pm

CGW wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:16 am TDP for me. The cheapest 49ers back has been a profitable player to own the past few years and is a trend that's likely to continue with guys who arent build for heavy workloads like Mitchell and Wilson.
Shanahan has shown draft capital doesn't mean much. So it seems Mason (good bmi, great in camp) has just as good chance as TDP to play a role and he's free. Picking him over Sermon when Sermon had a decent camp was surprising.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:52 pm

Spiller for me very easily in this grouping.
Then I have Spiller in a group with Dameon Pierce, Rashaad White, and Zamir White.

I am currently in my final rookie draft, and got Spiller early in round 2.
I got Allgeier 1.5 rounds later, and TDP went 2 picks after Allgeier.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:42 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:40 am
jman3134 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:38 am Spiller but the group as a whole is probably not doing much this year. Tough when you jump out of the gate with an injury like Spiller is and already have a solid veteran in place as a backup with Michel.
It doesn’t help that Spiller runs like he has a piano on his back.
I've been saying from the start of the process when people had him where Pierce is now going, he isn't very good. He's just a replaceable RB who is falling down the depth chart due to injury. Even if he makes a guy miss, he's closed down early. His legs crumple on contact. Good hands. It's not surprising to see that in his pre-season carries, based on his testing and college tape.It's a small sample size, and we've discussed that on other players, but if it confirms what's there already, it's more relevant than looking different. The small sample size trap is really where you see things that are different from the overall profile and tape from before, more so than confirming what you already saw.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:55 am

Picking up a "washed" Sony Michel confirms their last two draft picks @ RB both bombed :doh:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:23 am

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:55 am Picking up a "washed" Sony Michel confirms their last two draft picks @ RB both bombed :doh:
He only cost a million dollars and is way better than Rountree. Seems like an easy pickup regardless of whether you think the other two guys are any good.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:21 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:23 am
He only cost a million dollars and is way better than Rountree. Seems like an easy pickup regardless of whether you think the other two guys are any good.

Michel led the Rams RBs in offensive snaps last year. He barely plays STs - about 1 snap on STs per game each year for his entire career. If he’s the third RB on the roster or lower, he’s got to play a lot more STs than that. A team doesn’t pick up a vet with his history to just sit on the bench and maybe take an occasional RB snap here and there during each game.

You could be right, but if he’s on the roster during the regular season I think you may be misreading the situation.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:56 pm

Spiller for the youth and potential opportunity, Allgeier for the shot at seizing the lead RB role.

TDP is the lowest of the three. If people dismiss Mitchell and other RBs as temporary options, I'm not interested in paying for a similar option when I can take shots at assets for the same cost but with greater potential to hold value longer term, and thus hold higher trade value.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:45 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:21 am
ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:23 am

Michel led the Rams RBs in offensive snaps last year. He barely plays STs - about 1 snap on STs per game each year for his entire career. If he’s the third RB on the roster or lower, he’s got to play a lot more STs than that. A team doesn’t pick up a vet with his history to just sit on the bench and maybe take an occasional RB snap here and there during each game.

You could be right, but if he’s on the roster during the regular season I think you may be misreading the situation.
Oh, he’s almost certainly number two on the depth chart. I just mean you put him at number two and move the other guys down and your whole depth chart looks a fair bit better. I think the Chargers are serious about reducing the load on Ekeler and they are stacking backups to make sure they can.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker