Matt Ryan Discussion Thread - Traded to Colts

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Flying Ninja Monkey
Starter
Starter

Re: Matt Ryan... Legit Dynasty QB?

Postby Flying Ninja Monkey » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:05 pm

meineymoe wrote:Ryan is a serviceable QB to have while building up your other positions - should be a low end QB1 at least for the next several seasons. If you are at a point where you have an overload of studs and stud potential at RB and WR, then you could turn your attention to upgrading QB, but no rush.

-oo-

I think this makes a lot of sense. Solid for now and upgrade when I have that luxury.

Puchicas
Starter
Starter

Matt Ryan

Postby Puchicas » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I just got him in a sort of random deal I wasn't anticipating (BigBen/Meachem for Ryan), so I'm curious about how you see him this season and in the future.

I'm under the impression by other posters that he is possibly equal to BigBen, and thus not worth an overpay, but has more upside. I looked at his numbers for the last half of the season and was really impressed. They obviously correlate well with Julio's emergence in the same part of the season.
Year 2 | 12-Team | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex(RB, WR or TE) | 1/2 PPR

QB TLawrence, KPickett, MRyan
RB McCaffrey, Dobbs, KWalker, Penny, Michel, Evans, JJackson
WR Chase, Samuel, Sutton, EMoore, Aiyuk, Mooney, Tolbert
TE Kittle, Jonnu, OJHoward, Trautman

'23 Picks: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Note: Empire league (Consecutive championships wins prize pool and league resets)

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Re: Matt Ryan

Postby holy_stromboli » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:20 pm

I like this trade for you. You could afford to lose Meachem, and I trust Ryan a little more than Ben going forward.

chadtriumph
Starter
Starter

Postby chadtriumph » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 pm

I have to start off by saying I don't have anywhere near as much faith in Meachem as most do- if he couldn't do it with Brees.. then how is Rivers going to all the sudden make him a star.

As a Julio owner, I hope that Ryan does take the next step. I do like this trade, a lot. I can see Ben having a rough year with Haley's new system, and I can also see the Falcons letting Ryan get a bit more active in the passing game. This, like I say a lot, is just my opinon..

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 am

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. (And based on your sig it looks like you did!)

robar12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby robar12 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:19 am

If you believe In Meachem,then it was an overpay.I agree with Chad in that I don't understand Meachem-love so I like the trade. We've likely seen Ben's ceiling and their floors are roughly equal. With a competent 2nd receiver, and a running game that will supposedly, as early as this year, scale back Turner's power game and feature more screens and dumpoffs, I like the chances for improvement in Ryan's numbers.
Not a big factor, but you gain a couple years with Ryan as well.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:40 am

chadtriumph wrote:I have to start off by saying I don't have anywhere near as much faith in Meachem as most do- if he couldn't do it with Brees.. then how is Rivers going to all the sudden make him a star.
New Orleans wasn't the right fit for Meach, and Meach was only asked to do one thing. He'll be able to run more routes and be used in a variety of ways he wasn't with the Saints. Not saying he'll put up 1200 yards, but I don't think we can blame him for the way he was used in New Orleans.

YODA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby YODA » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 am

I like it alot for you, for me its like your wr 6/7 for a upgrade at bu qb now and future starter as Vick ages good job.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Spinkso wrote:
chadtriumph wrote:I have to start off by saying I don't have anywhere near as much faith in Meachem as most do- if he couldn't do it with Brees.. then how is Rivers going to all the sudden make him a star.
New Orleans wasn't the right fit for Meach, and Meach was only asked to do one thing. He'll be able to run more routes and be used in a variety of ways he wasn't with the Saints. Not saying he'll put up 1200 yards, but I don't think we can blame him for the way he was used in New Orleans.
What do you mean he was "only asked to do one thing"?

Puchicas
Starter
Starter

Postby Puchicas » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm

dlf_tims wrote:I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. (And based on your sig it looks like you did!)
I'm pretty sure you're the one who has been pointing out that BigBen is undervalued, so I appreciate your feedback. I think I'm paying for a higher ceiling, but I wouldn't be surprised if BigBen and Ryan were like 7/8 in any order. But the possibility of a higher ceiling at QB is worth Meachem, especially given our tiny roster sizes.

But you helped me stay away from overpaying for guys like Ryan/Rivers.

And I'm glad to be rid of Roethlisberger because he is the residue of the most horrible trade ever in Week 2 of last season.
Year 2 | 12-Team | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex(RB, WR or TE) | 1/2 PPR

QB TLawrence, KPickett, MRyan
RB McCaffrey, Dobbs, KWalker, Penny, Michel, Evans, JJackson
WR Chase, Samuel, Sutton, EMoore, Aiyuk, Mooney, Tolbert
TE Kittle, Jonnu, OJHoward, Trautman

'23 Picks: 1, 2, 3, etc.

Note: Empire league (Consecutive championships wins prize pool and league resets)

NateDawg
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby NateDawg » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 pm

I own Matt Ryan in one dynasty. I believe the Falcons have put the skill position weapons around him that would allow a huge step forward. I do NOT believe the Falcons have put the OL in front of him that would allow a huge step forward. Should be interesting to watch.

Greg Cosell's take on him: http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/05/09/cose ... matt-ryan/

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Matt Ryan

Postby balaberda » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 am

Terrible game so far. He is overthrowing short passes and underthrowing what would be huge plays.

So far absolutely terrible.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Maybe it's just me, but except for Cruz and Charles, it seems like a lot of players are underperforming.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

dresden
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby dresden » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:24 pm

He may have started slowly, but he finished with a decent fantasy stat line.
12 team, PPR, 4 pt QB TDs, 25 ret yds/pt.
Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE

QB: M Ryan, B Bortles, D Carr;
RB: L McCoy, J Stewart, L Murray, T Riddick, R Turbin, K Robinson, K Carey, J Gray, K Williams;
WR: Julio, S Watkins, J Matthews, K Allen, J Landry, M Crabtree, C Patterson, P Harvin, R Woods, P Garcon, M Wilson, A Holmes, J Janis (TS);
TE: C Clay, D Pitta, J Gresham, R Rodgers, L Wilson

falcons23
Starter
Starter

Postby falcons23 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Pretty darn good if you ask me
16 tm, non ppr

D Watson, M Mariota
K Hunt, K Johnson, D Booker
D Hopkins, M Evans, S Diggs, A Cooper, A Robinson
H Henry, E Ebron