What RB is equivalent to Rodgers

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
dlf_ericd
Administrator

Re: What RB is equivalent to Rodgers

Postby dlf_ericd » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 am

MilwaukeesBest wrote:
caveman wrote:Redraft Rodgers at 5.1 and look for value with next round in your flex position. jStew is a good call as well as Blount and mathews
Blount and Mathews will be kept, and JSew is a longshot to make it to my pick at the end of the 5th.

Update, McCoy is on the table for Rodgers, I am really struggling with this decision...
I'd take McCoy. With that core of starters at the RB/WR position, I'd have to imagine you have the best starters in the league. You can draft a very good QB & TE over the next 2 rounds and have more points on a weekly basis. The drop from Rodgers to your QB will be less than McCoy to the next RB available.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 am

airlex wrote:
MilwaukeesBest wrote:
caveman wrote:Redraft Rodgers at 5.1 and look for value with next round in your flex position. jStew is a good call as well as Blount and mathews
Blount and Mathews will be kept, and JSew is a longshot to make it to my pick at the end of the 5th.

Update, McCoy is on the table for Rodgers, I am really struggling with this decision...
I'd take McCoy. With that core of starters at the RB/WR position, I'd have to imagine you have the best starters in the league. You can draft a very good QB & TE over the next 2 rounds and have more points on a weekly basis. The drop from Rodgers to your QB will be less than McCoy to the next RB available.
There are 6 Stud RBs in the NFL I would consider moving Rodgers for:
AP (you have)
Charles
CJ
Foster (and he isnt even a lock to me)
Rice (you have)
McCoy
...MJD (too old/knee issues), DMC (injury prone), Mendy (solid, not studly...if I am trading Rodgers I want studly)

The question you have to ask yourself, and a lot of this comes down to personal preference, is what pair do you like better: Aaron Rodgers and the RB you get at the end of the 5th round (who do you think that will be?) OR Big Ben/Romo/Schaub and McCoy. Personally I kinda like the 2nd choice.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 am

MilwaukeesBest wrote:I own J Stew and will be dropping him. Are you saying you would keep Stewart over Rodgers then if it were you?
I would keep Stewart over Nicks if I were you - ten team, start 2 WR, non-IDP - I think you can land a few WRs in the draft who will have the potential to replace Nicks. Meanwhile, you have Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, and Stewart in the flex to go with your stud RBs.

-oo-

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 am

meineymoe wrote:
MilwaukeesBest wrote:I own J Stew and will be dropping him. Are you saying you would keep Stewart over Rodgers then if it were you?
I would keep Stewart over Nicks if I were you - ten team, start 2 WR, non-IDP - I think you can land a few WRs in the draft who will have the potential to replace Nicks. Meanwhile, you have Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, and Stewart in the flex to go with your stud RBs.

-oo-
When I look at whether to drop 1 player over another I ask myself "would I trade player 1 for player 2"...by that metric I would never trade Nicks for JStew, and the WR you get at the end of the round will not be as good as a top 5 WR in Nicks.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Dynasty, I definitely prefer Nicks, but ten team, limited keeper, it's going to be a lot easier to find WR help, and this scoring benefits starting 3 RBs week in week out.

I'd rather make the Rodgers for McCoy trade and protect the three RBs and Calvin Johnson, not Nicks, and then take a look at the best QB available with the 5.01 pick. In a league like this, I'll bet there will be a few top ten QBs available at that spot.

If you can determine ahead of time which QBs will be available, then that could tell you if it's worth the risk to trade away Rodgers.

-oo-

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 pm

meineymoe wrote:Dynasty, I definitely prefer Nicks, but ten team, limited keeper, it's going to be a lot easier to find WR help, and this scoring benefits starting 3 RBs week in week out.

I'd rather make the Rodgers for McCoy trade and protect the three RBs and Calvin Johnson, not Nicks, and then take a look at the best QB available with the 5.01 pick. In a league like this, I'll bet there will be a few top ten QBs available at that spot.

If you can determine ahead of time which QBs will be available, then that could tell you if it's worth the risk to trade away Rodgers.

-oo-
Personally, if it was me in my keeper league, I would prefer AP, Rice, McCoy, Megatron, Nicks and the QB you get at pick 10 (someone like Ryan) over AP, Rice, McCoy, Megatron, the QB at pick 1 and a WR at pick 10...elite WRs are tough to come by and if the difference in QBs is Romo at 1 and Ryan at 10 that is way closer than the difference of Nicks and the WR you would get at 10 IMO
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:34 am

meineymoe wrote:Dynasty, I definitely prefer Nicks, but ten team, limited keeper, it's going to be a lot easier to find WR help, and this scoring benefits starting 3 RBs week in week out.

-oo-
Rivers is 50/50 to be dropped and Romo is very likely to be dropped. Besides them, all the other top QB's will be protected. Schaub/Ryan/Roethlisberger would be the likely QB's to consider at the 10/11 turn.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 am

joeday wrote:

-oo-
Personally, if it was me in my keeper league, I would prefer AP, Rice, McCoy, Megatron, Nicks and the QB you get at pick 10 (someone like Ryan) over AP, Rice, McCoy, Megatron, the QB at pick 1 and a WR at pick 10...elite WRs are tough to come by and if the difference in QBs is Romo at 1 and Ryan at 10 that is way closer than the difference of Nicks and the WR you would get at 10 IMO
I agree. I am locked in with my decision to keep AP, Rice, Calvin and Nicks. The decision whether or not to keep Stewart is moot because I would be sending him over in the trade with Rodgers to acquire McCoy.

It's interesting because when I first posted this the resounding answer was to keep Rodgers, which I was surprised by. Now the tide seems to be turning or evening out at least. The speculation that Philly has their eyes on possibly acquiring Reggie Bush doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about pulling the trigger. Perhaps I should try and wait until after FA shakes itself out?

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 am

My first impulse is to keep Rodgers - in redraft leagues, having the #1 player at QB, RB and WR is huge.

I also like having three stud RBs, however, so can also support the trade for McCoy. Of course, part of the reason I prefer Rodgers could be my own Packer bias :D

-oo-

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:01 am

meineymoe wrote:My first impulse is to keep Rodgers - in redraft leagues, having the #1 player at QB, RB and WR is huge.

I also like having three stud RBs, however, so can also support the trade for McCoy. Of course, part of the reason I prefer Rodgers could be my own Packer bias :D

-oo-
Home team bias is very interesting to me. I know so many people who place a higher value on players from their favorite team. I don't know why, but I am always very skeptical do to so, almost to the point where I undervalue them slightly. It's very hard to explain. I agree that Rodgers is the #1 Dynasty/Keeper QB, but I know so many people that value him more highly than I do, even though I am a die hard fan. Perhaps it is the preference of the QB position as opposed to the team dynamic?

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:47 pm

So, Charles is a possibility now. Is that a no-brainer for Rodgers? I am not a huge fan of JC, but so many people on here are, it is giving me second thoughts about pursuing it.

Thoughts?