Lol Bortles... Lol ARob... Lol Jaguars.

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Lol Bortles... Lol ARob... Lol Jaguars.

Postby Valhalla » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Props, HTYV

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Jacksonville currently has the number four defense in the country allowing 4.8 Yards Per Play. The passing game looks like garbage, but I think it's fair to say that they have three solid receivers and a couple decent tight ends. Bortles is looking like garbage, but a team with this caliber of defense shouldn't need Bortles to be elite. To me, the problem is their complete lack of run game. They've got a converted guard playing center, and they had a converted tackle playing guard. They've seemingly given up on running to the left side of the line because of this, making their questionable running game incredibly predictable. Because they can't establish the run, they're still ultra reliant on the pass. Last year, they passed on 63.2% of their plays. This year, even with that elite defense keeping them in games, they're passing the ball on 64.3% of their plays.

On the plus side, there is some hope that their center will return off the PUP as soon as eligible and maybe that solves a lot of the problems with the line. I'm not sure a scorched earth approach is what the team needs. They just need to solve their line issues and get a run game going. Long term, they'll almost certainly need to replace Bortles, but you could replace him tomorrow and this team would continue to struggle.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

cdubbaya
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cdubbaya » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:31 pm

I haven't watched any Jags games. We all know ARob is crazy talented, so what's the fix here? O-Line? Run game? Bortles? Curious to see what changes are made, because with all their talent and youth I thought for sure Jacksonville would be a 8-8 team this year. Especially with how bad that division is now.
7th year Dynasty Team. 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K
QB - Mahomes, Watson, Stafford
RB - Hunt, Fournette, Drake, Gio B
WR - Hopkins, K Allen, Boyd, K Cole, Enunwa, Funchess, A Robinson, Sutton
TE - Burton, Herndon
D/ST - Broncos, Jets
K - Maher, Myers

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:42 pm

Can't remember who I heard this from, but Year 3 is supposed to be a big one for the QB position, starts to unfold the mystery of where someone's trajectory really is. The NFL still amazes me in the fact that fantastic seasons are so easily forgotten, how do "mediocre" players light up the box scores?

The Jags are getting all of these "awesome" matchups week after week and they have done squat...Bortles is definitely on my crap list.

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:16 pm

TJ Yeldon looks to me like one of those players who will be a lot better on his 2nd team.
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:39 pm

Would I be crazy to start Michael Thomas or Ajayi over him?
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lol Bortles... Lol ARob... Lol Jaguars.

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:40 am

broncohead wrote:Would I be crazy to start Michael Thomas or Ajayi over him?
Him being... Bortles?

Edit: nvm, it's 430 over here. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:52 am

This struggling makes me want to buy ARob, but it's hard to pay top 5 price for a guy not producing close.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 am

ericanadian wrote:Jacksonville currently has the number four defense in the country allowing 4.8 Yards Per Play. The passing game looks like garbage, but I think it's fair to say that they have three solid receivers and a couple decent tight ends. Bortles is looking like garbage, but a team with this caliber of defense shouldn't need Bortles to be elite. To me, the problem is their complete lack of run game. They've got a converted guard playing center, and they had a converted tackle playing guard. They've seemingly given up on running to the left side of the line because of this, making their questionable running game incredibly predictable. Because they can't establish the run, they're still ultra reliant on the pass. Last year, they passed on 63.2% of their plays. This year, even with that elite defense keeping them in games, they're passing the ball on 64.3% of their plays.

On the plus side, there is some hope that their center will return off the PUP as soon as eligible and maybe that solves a lot of the problems with the line. I'm not sure a scorched earth approach is what the team needs. They just need to solve their line issues and get a run game going. Long term, they'll almost certainly need to replace Bortles, but you could replace him tomorrow and this team would continue to struggle.
The line is a real issue. Bortles has always been a yippy quarterback, even in college, and he doesn't look like the kind of QB who can work around a wobbly line and a non-existent run game.

It will be very interesting to see where Jacksonville aims in the draft his year. They'll have a high pick, so quality players will be available. You'd think they'd go O-Line, but Cam Robinson has the buzz as the best lineman in the draft, but he'd be a reach in the top 10. RB would probably be a reach too, and the top QBs will likely be gone...
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

tomfin2000
Starter
Starter

Postby tomfin2000 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:18 am

Dookmariot wrote:
ericanadian wrote:To me, the problem is their complete lack of run game. They've got a converted guard playing center, and they had a converted tackle playing guard. They've seemingly given up on running to the left side of the line because of this, making their questionable running game incredibly predictable.
The line is a real issue. Bortles has always been a yippy quarterback, even in college, and he doesn't look like the kind of QB who can work around a wobbly line and a non-existent run game.

It will be very interesting to see where Jacksonville aims in the draft his year. They'll have a high pick, so quality players will be available. You'd think they'd go O-Line, but Cam Robinson has the buzz as the best lineman in the draft, but he'd be a reach in the top 10. RB would probably be a reach too, and the top QBs will likely be gone...
I agree with you guys completely on the line. They've *tried* to address it in free agency and the draft for several years now, but it's been one bust after another.

If Robinson is the best fit, they should just try to trade down with one of the teams that is desperate for a QB and walk away with a boatload of picks like the Browns and Titans did. They could re-build the o-line pretty quickly with that many picks in the first few rounds.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:53 am

tomfin2000 wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:
ericanadian wrote:To me, the problem is their complete lack of run game. They've got a converted guard playing center, and they had a converted tackle playing guard. They've seemingly given up on running to the left side of the line because of this, making their questionable running game incredibly predictable.

I agree with you guys completely on the line. They've *tried* to address it in free agency and the draft for several years now, but it's been one bust after another.....They could re-build the o-line pretty quickly with that many picks in the first few rounds.
Could they?
Look around the league. Every team is having all of their early lineman picks bust on them. The Jaguars aren't alone in this. It's plaguing the NFL. The Cowboys have hit on a couple early lineman picks, but for the most part it's bust after bust after bust for the last 5 years for almost everyone.

Are O-linemen getting that much worse? Or is it that much harder to play OL in the new, pass happy and spread out NFL?
People talk about RBBC ruining the days of multiple 1200 yard backs, and it surely is a factor, but maybe the horrendous OL play around the league is also making it far more difficult for a lot of teams to build on a consistent push in the run game now.
I'm not sure what to think. Is it the spread offenses making OL play worse? Is the horrible OL play in recent years forcing teams to use receiving backs more because they can't sustain drives running?
Heck not even Adrian Peterson could make a running game go without an adequate OL.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 am

Cam Robinson will be a top 10 pick
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:42 am

Is he a hold for next year? Or flip if you can package him for a better WR who is producing? (Depends on team situation)

Hate to say it since I wasn't a big time fan, but I'd love to have Mike Evans right now.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:45 am

If you can find someone who is having a down year and still believes in arob/the jags I'd sell for a tiny discount if I can if not full price, if they are shorting you big time I'd hold.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:56 am

It's funny, going into the year WR was my strength, but now with Watkins down, and Arob and Nuk not playing up the level we thought they would I'm really hurting at WR. If it wasn't for pickups like Gordon, CMike I'd really be hurting.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet