Tim Tebow

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

What is Tebow's future fantasy outlook?

Fantasy Starter
44%
Bye Week Fill In
35%
Situational Player, Limited Fantasy Value
19%
No Fantasy Value
2%

Total votes: 43

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:00 am

I voted Tebow as an eventual fantasy starter, however....

I could see him, in the short term, carrying out a similar assignment as he had as a freshman in college, being a goal line QB and racking up TD passing and rushing numbers. Thus, a situational role. Nothing idiotic about that.

:wink:

-oo-

AL DAVISisGOD
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AL DAVISisGOD » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:16 pm

I believe Tim Tebow will make a significant fantasy impact for a few reasons.( In 2 years)
1.) His ability to get rushing TDs in wildcat or otherwise (plus rushing yards)
2.) Where he was drafted ( he was drafted to be the starting QB if you think otherwise your wrong)
3.) His tremendous work ethic
4.) The system he is in has big upside for qbs

I was called dumb by a lot of people but in fact would have taken Tebow as soon as the 10th pick in my rookie draft.
Win Lose or Tie Raiders till I Die

Screaming Eagle
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Tim Tebow

Postby Screaming Eagle » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:09 pm

I think it is as simple as can the guy learn how to walk backwards. First round busts belong to guys who don't care, and just want the money. When I think of Tebow, I think of a guy with passion and someone who will study. Put him in the Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady Category... Elite!

Then again, I live in Denver.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re:

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:39 pm

[quote="Steelersfan"][quote="49ersFaithful80"]Tim Tebow does not get nearly enough credit, His throwing techniques have already made leaps and bounds since his senior season, it really makes me laugh when people say it is going to take 4 or 5 years for him to make an impact. He has all the physical tools to be a great quarterback with a phenomenal work ethic to boot. Not to mention he will have Josh McDaniels coaching him who basically fathomed Matt Cassel's career out of thin air. Tim Tebow will be the starter by the 2011 season watch it happen.

Oh and by the way to [b]the 5 idiots[/b] who voted that he would be a "situational" player, Franchises do not use 1st round picks on players that they consider situational.[/quote]

I would caution you to choose your words more carefully around here... :wink:[/quote]

Good call, Mark.

Also, teams use 1st round picks on 'situational players' all the time whether they intend for them to be situational or not. There are plenty of situational pass-rushers and nickle cornerbacks that are former 1st-rounders. Reggie Bush is fairly 'situational' and he was drafted #2 overall. Are this year's Brandon Graham or Jason Pierre-Paul going to be 'every-down players'? Maybe, maybe not. They could be 'situational players' and both were first-rounders. I could go on and on but I won't... ;)

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Re:

Postby hosler427 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Misfit74 wrote: Good call, Mark.

Also, teams use 1st round picks on 'situational players' all the time whether they intend for them to be situational or not. There are plenty of situational pass-rushers and nickle cornerbacks that are former 1st-rounders. Reggie Bush is fairly 'situational' and he was drafted #2 overall. Are this year's Brandon Graham or Jason Pierre-Paul going to be 'every-down players'? Maybe, maybe not. They could be 'situational players' and both were first-rounders. I could go on and on but I won't... ;)

It is extremely different when viewing pass rushers (and defensive players in general) and QBs though. Some players will take a couple years to develop into their true role on a team. I think what people are saying is that long term, Tebow will be more than a situational player.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tim Tebow

Postby ekassor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:53 am

Aside from the fact that I think taking Tebow in that spot was a giant reach, his draft position is irrelevant to his actual value, other than to indicate that he'll get the opportunity to compete for the starting job in the next year or two.

Its hard to say where he ends up, but he is certainly a fierce competitor who knows how to win.