Las Vegas Raiders

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Las Vegas Raiders

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Sounds too much like XFL to me. I can't see Vegas being a franchise home. To me, and this is only my opinion, that Vegas is more of a touristy place/vacation destination. That's what it is known for. I think a successful franchise needs a strong fan base in a strong location. Out of curiosity, I wonder how many people actually living there would be supportive of a franchise...or is more that the tourists would see it as an "attraction".

Just speaking out loud of course, as I have never been and never really researched the area. I could be completely wrong.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Las Vegas Raiders

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:10 am

So the state of Nevada has pretty much given the Raiders the green light to move to Las Vegas. The real remaining obstacle is getting 3/4 of the NFL owners to approve the move. I think it's most likely to happen. I'm posting to say I think it's a good idea.

I love that the Raiders are returning to relevance as a football team. They're no longer doormats in the AFC West. Carr, Mack, Cooper. They've got some building blocks. It was shaky for awhile when they had to clear tens of millions in dead cap money & basically reset the whole team, but management is improved and they're getting it done.

What do you think of the Las Vegas Raiders?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:16 am

I like it a lot actually, always been a Buc/Raider fan, gives me an excuse to see a game or two in Vegas :)
@PlankMelody

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:44 am

I think any move that removes an NFL team from playing on a baseball field is good. It has been absolutely ridiculous.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:02 pm

One team in the Bay Area is enough. And I think it's far better for the Raiders to be the top dog in a city than to be the Jets of L.A., sharing a stadium with the Rams.

Also think that Jacksonville should be moved out West, so balance things out some. Simply not enough teams in the Pacific and Mountain time zones.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Plank wrote:I like it a lot actually, always been a Buc/Raider fan, gives me an excuse to see a game or two in Vegas :)
+1

I like the sound of the Las Vegas Raiders. Perfect fit imo.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I thought one of the big "issues" with this was because LV was/is a big touristy type city without a solid fan base to support a pro team. Are there any pro teams in LV?

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:18 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:One team in the Bay Area is enough. And I think it's far better for the Raiders to be the top dog in a city than to be the Jets of L.A., sharing a stadium with the Rams.

Also think that Jacksonville should be moved out West, so balance things out some. Simply not enough teams in the Pacific and Mountain time zones.
Yep, I wish we could move the Jets there.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:04 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote:One team in the Bay Area is enough. And I think it's far better for the Raiders to be the top dog in a city than to be the Jets of L.A., sharing a stadium with the Rams.

To where? Utah? Oregon? I think the teams are good where they are. If the Jags move it will be to England

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:58 pm

Raiders to Las Vegas.
Jaguars to UK (renamed the London Leopards).
Jets to Mexico.

***EDIT: for some resets on I typed LA in stead of Las Vegas.***
Last edited by Defender on Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The standard is the standard.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:52 am

Raiders to Vegas
Jags to London
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:58 am

Bruiser wrote:Raiders to Vegas
Jags to London
Jags to London is what the NFL wants. It'll be tough. Constant travel across that big of a time zone change will be tough on teams. It's a difference of eight hours between London & the west coast. Ouch.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:02 am

A team based out of London would be ridiculous - I hope it never happens.

I wouldn't mind the Raiders going to Vegas.

Being Canadian; I'm much more likely to travel to Vegas than Oakland..

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:52 pm

TomBobAnderson wrote:

To where? Utah? Oregon? I think the teams are good where they are. If the Jags move it will be to England
As a Utah native born and raised (now living on the east coast) I would absolutely love it if an NFL team came to Salt Lake City. It would be nice to have another pro team aside from the Jazz. That would never happen though. It would be extremely difficult to sell tickets and fill the stadium on Sundays because of the dominant mormon culture, which is strict on "keeping the sabbath day holy". It's unfortunate because Utah has some great sports fans.

I doubt the Jags move to England. As other have mentioned the timezone change would be unsustainable for teams to constantly travel back and forth ... It would be a disaster.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:12 pm

eraldo_coil wrote: I doubt the Jags move to England. As other have mentioned the timezone change would be unsustainable for teams to constantly travel back and forth ... It would be a disaster.
While the time change would suck, the NFL owners don't give a rats bleep... London is a primo market that the NFL will surely tap within ten years. The NFL has said this to be the case, and there is no reason (financially) to discredit them.

Think about this: London metro is larger than Los Angeles (metro). While population is not the #1 factor, there is a large increasing base in NFL fandom growing in London. All you have to look at is the US map of NFL franchises to see that they care more about where the NFL fanbase is located. There will never be a balance between east coast and west coast as long as the fans are largely on one side of the country.

Personally, I wish there was another team in Chicago to pledge my loyalties to. There seems to be an enormous amount of fans in the area that would support a mass exodus from the mom'n'pop Bears franchise that continues to collect on a marketshare monopoly.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.