Knowshon Moreno vs Rookie Picks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:05 am

I think its kinda funny that the opinions here seem to be kinda mixed on whether Moreno is more valuable than 1.2, but when I said I traded Beanie for 1.2 AND ANOTHER FIRST, I didn't have one person say that it made sense.

Stephenc
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Stephenc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:46 am

The feeling on this isnt mixed. Moreno is more valuable

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:21 am

thewhyterabbit wrote: moreno will be a stud for 4-5 years in the nfl, no doubt about it... and i have some serious homerism towards him ( gave up wells and what would be a 1.2 for him ) ... but the way my team is structured... i will have Greene and Mendy starting next year... with Fitz, bowe, and braylon at WR... what would u fellas do?
Trade Mendy for your WR (like Austin or Roddy) and the 1.1 for Moreno.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 am

bobbytheo3 wrote:I think its kinda funny that the opinions here seem to be kinda mixed on whether Moreno is more valuable than 1.2, but when I said I traded Beanie for 1.2 AND ANOTHER FIRST, I didn't have one person say that it made sense.
Are you looking at the same threads? There are no mixed feelings, you are getting nearly the same responses here as you did in your thread....however, there are distinct differences in the two situations that may slightly alter peoples positions either way here.

1) Your league was NON-PPR
2) the ADDITIONAL PICK
3) the Player itself

If I can recall, many people have said there and here that they dont like trading young talented players for picks. However, some may be more or less confident in Beanie in NON-PPR, than they are in Moreno in PPR....depending on how they feel about the comparison determines where they stand based on the assessment of value and risk involved in both trades.

Generally people are going to like the immensely talented players....But, if Beanie were in a PPR league or Moreno were in a NON-PPR league and someone was offered 1.2 AND a future 1st the the response based on the additional pick may vary based on each persons individual assessment of the players ceiling, even moreso than if only 1 pick had been offered.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 am

skip wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote: moreno will be a stud for 4-5 years in the nfl, no doubt about it... and i have some serious homerism towards him ( gave up wells and what would be a 1.2 for him ) ... but the way my team is structured... i will have Greene and Mendy starting next year... with Fitz, bowe, and braylon at WR... what would u fellas do?
Trade Mendy for your WR (like Austin or Roddy) and the 1.1 for Moreno.

this is another good suggestion. Buying to sell, or selling to buy. You do this whenever a trade you like satisfy your needs but is beneficial in value. It allows you to benefit your team in this situation without necessarily taking on the risk of the pick....this is what I would do personally. However, in your situation I would try and trade for a WR first before trading the pick for Moreno.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
bobbytheo3 wrote:I think its kinda funny that the opinions here seem to be kinda mixed on whether Moreno is more valuable than 1.2, but when I said I traded Beanie for 1.2 AND ANOTHER FIRST, I didn't have one person say that it made sense.
1) Your league was NON-PPR
2) the ADDITIONAL PICK
3) the Player itself
Spot on....huge difference between the two.

----------------
Now playing: Seven Mary Three - Break The Spell