Possible Leinart deal

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:37 pm

What are you really getting with a 2nd rd pick? I'd roll the dice and hope that leinart turns out good. Or....wait until the draft. Maybe leinart starts getting some good news clips and that greats a buzz. Then you might get that first round pick. Probably a later first, but still better then a 2nd rd pick.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:06 pm

I would still definitely not move DWill for Sanchez or Young. DWill is a stud whose value will go back up a little this season and then even more when he likely moves on to another team at the end of next year.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:27 pm

I traded a late third rounder for Leinart mid season as I had Warner. I figured it was worth that to see what would happen, but i wouldn't have moved a second, no way a first. I'm just not convinced he's any good.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Possible Leinart deal

Postby blacksheep » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Cojo 2020 wrote:So I was thinking of trading for Matt Leinart in my league #2. I have three solid QB's (we start two in that league) but would love the leverage of having a fourth starter for future trade bait or emergency purposes. I don't have any prospects on my practice squad right now, and likely won't be drafting a QB in the rookie draft. What would you be willing to pay for Leinart now that Warner is retiring? He also has pick 1.5 that I may be able to get thrown in if I throw him a bit more. His biggest need seems to be RB at this point, which is an area I am deep at.

Alternately, he also has Rivers, Young, and Sanchez at QB. If I was willing to part with DWill, I may be able to work a deal for Young or Sanchez...is it time to trade DWill?
No. Forget about Leinart. Keep DWill.