Gates, Winslow, None or Other Trade?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:if you are going to trade your depth taking a bigger step than from Schaub to Brees thats all im saying, otherwise you are just being careless...Look at the numbers, in reality its not even an upgrade. They scored the same amount of points this year.... ....the only thing separating Brees and Schaub is a few years of credential, not talent...and for what thats worth its not worth it. Get some picks thrown in and then I'd call it a good move for you...
And durability...

Schaub - 5 seasons as a starter; 10 games missed due to injury
Brees - 8 seasons as a starter; 6 games missed due to injury

thats what i meant by credential. If I can recall most of us knew Schaub would be a top QB IF he could stay healthy - and he did. It doesnt make sense to waste valuable depth (especially at a position that needs to be addressed) in order to make a lateral move numbers wise from a "injury risk" at QB. Remember at one time people were all worried about Brees' shoulder?....Imagine how people feel now about not seeing him through and selling him short a few years ago...it probably doesnt feel too good. Dont make the same mistake of selling your team short just because Schaub has missed 2 games a year over 5 years....you have higher priorities in my opinion.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:if you are going to trade your depth taking a bigger step than from Schaub to Brees thats all im saying, otherwise you are just being careless...Look at the numbers, in reality its not even an upgrade. They scored the same amount of points this year.... ....the only thing separating Brees and Schaub is a few years of credential, not talent...and for what thats worth its not worth it. Get some picks thrown in and then I'd call it a good move for you...
And durability...

thats what i meant by credential. If I can recall most of us knew Schaub would be a top QB IF he could stay healthy - and he did. It doesnt make sense to waste valuable depth (especially at a position that needs to be addressed) in order to make a lateral move numbers wise from a "injury risk" at QB. Remember at one time people were all worried about Brees' shoulder?....Imagine how people feel now about not seeing him through and selling him short a few years ago...it probably doesnt feel too good. Dont make the same mistake of selling your team short just because Schaub has missed 2 games a year over 5 years....you have higher priorities in my opinion.
Which would be???

His team is loaded with young talent at RB and WR, and he has 2 studs at TE? Adding Brees would make this an all star team...and this is coming from a Schaub supporter and owner in 2 money leagues...

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: And durability...

Which would be???

His team is loaded with young talent at RB and WR, and he has 2 studs at TE? Adding Brees would make this an all star team...and this is coming from a Schaub supporter and owner in 2 money leagues...
I'm with Vince all the way on this one. His priority is RB2, not QB1 or TE. He doesn't need Finley, whether or not he becomes a top-5 TE because he's already got two top-10 TEs on his team. He doesn't need Brees because he's already got a top-5 QB on his team. If he has a weakness, its RB2 for 2010, maybe more stable WR depth. This deal doesn't solve that, and in fact probably makes it worse by taking McCoy out of the mix. The deal as proposed is a no-go for both sides I think.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: And durability...

Which would be???

not to step on anyones toes... but schuab has only started 3 years...

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:33 am

thewhyterabbit wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
Which would be???

Your right, I was given him credit for 2 full seasons when he was a back up... :oops:

So in 3 seasons as a starter he has missed 10 games due to injury. That's makes the Brees trade even more favorable IMO.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:45 am

Steelersfan wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
Steelersfan wrote: Which would be???

Your right, I was given him credit for 2 full seasons when he was a back up... :oops:

So in 3 seasons as a starter he has missed 10 games due to injury. That's makes the Brees trade even more favorable IMO.
On Matt Schaubs "injury proneness"

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/02/is-m ... ury-prone/

A knee injury, and a torn MCL....plus one game due to a flu virus.

The line separating the two opinions seems to be based on an assumption that Schaub will get injured, not on talent and production - like its supposed to be...most of us agreed that coming into the season that if Schaub stayed healthy he would be a QB1...he stayed healthy and he was a top 5 QB (top 3 in many leagues) bottom line. So to me the drop off from McCoy to Forsett is not worth the buy. If you're that worried about him getting hurt, trade for a better backup QB dont make a pricy jump from top 3-5 to 1-2 thats an easy way to carelessly throw away value. Get fair value....not perceived value, get him to throw in some picks for you and that would change my tone...

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:26 am

princevincexoxo wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote: not to step on anyones toes... but schuab has only started 3 years...

On Matt Schaubs "injury proneness"

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/02/is-m ... ury-prone/

A knee injury, and a torn MCL....plus one game due to a flu virus.

The line separating the two opinions seems to be based on an assumption that Schaub will get injured, not on talent and production - like its supposed to be...most of us agreed that coming into the season that if Schaub stayed healthy he would be a QB1...he stayed healthy and he was a top 5 QB (top 3 in many leagues) bottom line. So to me the drop off from McCoy to Forsett is not worth the buy. If you're that worried about him getting hurt, trade for a better backup QB dont make a pricy jump from top 3-5 to 1-2 thats an easy way to carelessly throw away value. Get fair value....not perceived value, get him to throw in some picks for you and that would change my tone...
How about McGahee instead of Forsett in the same deal above?
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars