Super Bowl - New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:57 pm

I am rooting for the Saints because they never been there before. As for tradition, I don't do new years resolutions on january 1st, too much football and beer to be consumed. So.... I always set my "new years day" as the day after the Super Bowl. I gorge myself with all the food and drinks I can all during the playoffs, culminating with a binge fest on super sunday. After that, I start up my diet and excercise program in which I eat good and don't drink until the NFL draft. Then I celebrate the return of football with a draft party I have with my league. It is a glorious cycle of feast and famine. Right now my "fat pants" are starting to get a little tight. Lets go Saints!!!!

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:02 pm

It's just me and a tv, but nibbles are on hand. I don't mind who wins this time, both teams have stories which appeal.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 pm

hosler427 wrote:
Phish Brigade wrote:Colts 6 - Saints 3

:lol:

Maybe I should add 20-30 points for both teams.
Silly Canadian...you do realize this is american football and not hockey right? :lol:
It's not that silly... it could happen. :roll:
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

M357's
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby M357's » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 am

I really dont have much doubt that the Colts will win the Super Bowl this year, while both teams were undefeated late in the year it had all the makings of these 2 teams in the Bowl and should be a very exciting game, but the Saints just dont look to have that magic offense clicking like they did earlier. Plus they beat my Vikings, and normally in that case id root for the team that knocked my team out so i could feel better about losing to the eventual champions...but i just dont see it happening vs the Colts. 45-28.

As far as routines, well the last 10 years now ive had to do what ever it takes to get out of work on sundays period, let alone SB Sunday, alot of times i have to use a whole week of vacation to secure that day off, but i have a great co-worker and she has bent over backwards for me the last 2 years (not litterally really lol) to be able to watch football every sunday. It means working midnite or so til 11am so by the time the game comes on im fairly exhausted, but a bottle of my liquid crack (5 hr energy) and im usually good to go, having a big meal and day with my Wife and Father has been the routine the last 4 yrs now. Granted im still getting over my Vikings loss, but come game-time im hoping it will be gone to enjoy what should be a great game!!

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:23 pm

M357's wrote:I really dont have much doubt that the Colts will win the Super Bowl this year, while both teams were undefeated late in the year it had all the makings of these 2 teams in the Bowl and should be a very exciting game, but the Saints just dont look to have that magic offense clicking like they did earlier. Plus they beat my Vikings, and normally in that case id root for the team that knocked my team out so i could feel better about losing to the eventual champions...but i just dont see it happening vs the Colts. 45-28.

As far as routines, well the last 10 years now ive had to do what ever it takes to get out of work on sundays period, let alone SB Sunday, alot of times i have to use a whole week of vacation to secure that day off, but i have a great co-worker and she has bent over backwards for me the last 2 years (not litterally really lol) to be able to watch football every sunday. It means working midnite or so til 11am so by the time the game comes on im fairly exhausted, but a bottle of my liquid crack (5 hr energy) and im usually good to go, having a big meal and day with my Wife and Father has been the routine the last 4 yrs now. Granted im still getting over my Vikings loss, but come game-time im hoping it will be gone to enjoy what should be a great game!!
at the start of the year i had the vikings and colts as super bowl teams.... looks like my prediction was half true..

if the vikes dont turn the ball over 6 times they advance.... bad bad game for a superior team... the colts will win this one easy... id say by 10 points or more.

-- personally i thought the PI call in OT was BULL%6&$!!! but congrats to the saints...

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 am

Colts win this game by 14+ pts. Brees and manning are both legit, but manning torching the jets D for 377 tells me he'll have his way against the 26th pass D of the Saints. Manning has 2 weeks to prepare! High scoring affair, but the colts O looks like a fine tuned machine prime to win it all. Plus manning has been there before. Battle tested in the big game.

The OC for the colts must feel like a shell of a coordinator, when Manning decides he wants to call the plays that will work. Manning is such a beast.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm predicting a Saints victory in a shootout. Sanchez and the Jets had a really good passing game against the Colts, so I don't see the Saints having a problem passing on them. The Saints also have a shutdown corner similar to Revis that could shutdown Reggie Wayne, forcing someone like Pierre Garcon to step up big again, which will be tough to do for 2 games in a row. This SuperBowl reminds me of the monday night Saints - Patriots game from a couple of months ago, with a similar result, as the Pats just couldn't keep up with the Saints, and I don't see the Colts keeping up with them either.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:07 pm

I am excited to see what Reggie Bush does in what is most likely his final game as a Saint. There's no way they pay him 8 million; expect him to hit the open market after this bad boy when he's cut.

Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynasty » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Colts 42-27....i see the colts defense stepping up in the super bowl much like they did throughout the playoffs when they won it last time. if the jets could not contain peyton then how could the saints.....the colts offensive line doesnt allow peyton to get sacked it just doesnt happen. i see peyton throwing for around 350 yards to go along with 4 tds and a pick.....brees will throw for 300 or so with 2 tds and 3 picks....although freeney may be out i believe mathis was also a starter in the pro-bowl so they do not lose that pass-rush guy.....as far as rbs go i say 1 td for addai with around 60 yards and bush/pierre will compine for 75 yards or so....im gonna go all out with reggie wayne getting mvp

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:55 am

I've had the Saints-Colts SB matchup pegged since back in October. Let's see if I draw from my spiritual side, align it with my mind, and come up with a prediction:

Saints 34, Colts 27

In other news:
  • >Drew Brees - Super Bowl MVP.

>Big day for Pierre Thomas.

>Greg Williams dials up just enough pressure to keep the Colts under 30 points.
The refs try and call the game in Lord Manning's favor, but the Saints are too good to allow another officiated fairy-tale ending (I really hope the refs stay out of the way). Finally, thank God I can watch a SB without the Steelers! LOL. :lol: I hope this game is free from phantom touchdowns... :roll: :twisted: Isn't great we have a 'former GB QB'-free game today? YEAH!!! Kidding aside, I think the Saints will need at least one big play from Reggie Bush to get it done.

I like rooting for the underdog - the Saint's have not gotten the media praise that Manning has. Screw 'The Man' and beat the team w/ the 'media darling'. I'm a big fan of the creative offense by Sean Payton and really enjoy watching the Saints. That's my take and I'm sticking to it. :)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Sack Freeney.... Colts looking good so far 10-3
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Bushrod is garbage. Freeney is destroying him. Matter of time before Brees fumbles.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Piere Garcon.. c´mon...

huge stop by the Colts D... "maybe" they should´ve kicked a FG.. :roll:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:56 pm

BradyT wrote:Piere Garcon.. c´mon...

huge stop by the Colts D... "maybe" they should´ve kicked a FG.. :roll:

I like the call...at first glance it seems foolish, but it was actually very gutsy, and strategically sound because I think Payton believed that even if they kick a FG there...the Colts have 1:44 and 2 Time outs to go down the field and score themselves before halftime and he didnt want that going into Halftime...He figured going for it there deterred the Colts aggression which in turn led to a defensive stop for the Saints and eventually a FG for them anyway. It was a very savvy, yet under-appreciated strategy. In strategic/chess terminology - he played the opposition.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:22 pm

THAT WAS BALLLLSY!!!!! WOW

Payton is a great coach. He is just completely out maneuvering Caldwell.....