Mccoy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
khrolltop
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby khrolltop » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:22 am

I guess now is the time to buy low on Beanie Wells. None of you are even mentioning him.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 am

khrolltop wrote:I guess now is the time to buy low on Beanie Wells. None of you are even mentioning him.
I have Beanie far ahead of McCoy. I left he and Moreno out of my post...

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:18 pm

khrolltop wrote:I guess now is the time to buy low on Beanie Wells. None of you are even mentioning him.
Wells' production is severely affected by the presence of Hightower. Hightower is young, has a few years left on his rookie deal, and is a big factor in receiving and pass-blocking. If Wells was the only RB on that team it would be different, but Tim takes away from his fantasy worth.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:43 am

Misfit74 wrote:
Wells' production is severely affected by the presence of Hightower. Hightower is young, has a few years left on his rookie deal, and is a big factor in receiving and pass-blocking. If Wells was the only RB on that team it would be different, but Tim takes away from his fantasy worth.
Towards the end of the season, this hasn't been the case. Beanie has been the man nad even started catching balls. As he has the whole offseason to work on blitz pickup, I believe he will be the dominant guy in the backfield going forward. Hightower is an extremely average talent.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:49 am

bobbytheo3 wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
Towards the end of the season, this hasn't been the case. Beanie has been the man nad even started catching balls. As he has the whole offseason to work on blitz pickup, I believe he will be the dominant guy in the backfield going forward. Hightower is an extremely average talent.
Couldn't agree more. I don't see Hightower as a long term threat.

jeff_eaglz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jeff_eaglz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:25 pm

bobbytheo3 wrote:I'm an Eagles fan and have watched every game for the last 20 years.... McCoy is not that great. He's solid, a good complimentary piece, but hes not a stud. The Westbrook comparisons are crazy. Westbrook has an insanely strong lower body that allowed him to bounce of tacklers, run inside, block effectively, etc. McCoy is not nearly as strong. He's quick and a good pass catcher, but he'll never carry a full load.

If Leonard Weaver is splitting carries with him, that tells you he's not an everydown back (and I like Weaver).
Good stuff right here.

McCoy is very good in open spaces but has trouble creating on his own.

He's also not very good with ball security. He runs with the ball way too far away from his body.