Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 02, 2022 1:26 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:07 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:45 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:51 pm

Ridder if you're betting on a Mariota injury.

Corrall if you're betting on a Darnold implosion.

Both of those seem like fairly good bets.

Malik Willis ain't playing anytime soon (or likely ever)
Don't touch until the end of the 2nd or top of the third for me

Here's the list of successful rd3 NFL quarterbacks
Russell Wilson
Matt schaub
Brian griese

Uhhh Nick foles?
I feel like if were having this conversation, we should be grouping the QB's from round 3 and onwards. I just dk if just using the 3rd round is a trend that means anything.

QB is already a position that is super hard to scout and get right, even in the first round. Using 3-7 will surely increase the length of the list and add some bigger names like Brady (of course) Gannon, and Hassleback just off the top of my head.

Not to say that any of these QB's will be good, I just think draft capital trends like that are kind of meaningless. Earlier the round, the higher chance of success obviously, but picking a specific round and saying "this position isnt very successful in this particular round" feels like a nothing stat
I agree. It feels like as a whole, this class might produce 1 random QB success. Pretty bleak. I don't think picking a round past the 1st to target or single out, is anything worth while. These are all darts. It will likely take the perfect storm of situation and talent/organization in place for one of these guys to make fantasy relevancy anyways. Aka a lot of luck

thunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby thunderTung » Mon May 02, 2022 1:40 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:26 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:45 pm
Don't touch until the end of the 2nd or top of the third for me

Here's the list of successful rd3 NFL quarterbacks
Russell Wilson
Matt schaub
Brian griese

Uhhh Nick foles?
I feel like if were having this conversation, we should be grouping the QB's from round 3 and onwards. I just dk if just using the 3rd round is a trend that means anything.

QB is already a position that is super hard to scout and get right, even in the first round. Using 3-7 will surely increase the length of the list and add some bigger names like Brady (of course) Gannon, and Hassleback just off the top of my head.

Not to say that any of these QB's will be good, I just think draft capital trends like that are kind of meaningless. Earlier the round, the higher chance of success obviously, but picking a specific round and saying "this position isnt very successful in this particular round" feels like a nothing stat
I agree. It feels like as a whole, this class might produce 1 random QB success. Pretty bleak. I don't think picking a round past the 1st to target or single out, is anything worth while. These are all darts. It will likely take the perfect storm of situation and talent/organization in place for one of these guys to make fantasy relevancy anyways. Aka a lot of luck
I do think a lot of the draft positions of the QB's in this class were kind of steals. Just from a pure talent perspective, its pretty rare to have that much talent all fall out of the first two rounds from the QB position. Not to say that they are uber talented, we knew this was a weaker QB class. But I wouldn't be shocked if a few of them became serviceable starters, just from upside alone.

But who knows, we werent in the pre draft meetings with them, they could all have bricks for brains in terms of football IQ lol.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Drake Maye
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Schultz
FLEX(2): Stevenson/DK
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Geno/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/Braelon Allen
WR: Nabers/McConkey/N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/P. Brown
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens/Bullard

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 02, 2022 1:43 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:40 pm

I do think a lot of the draft positions of the QB's in this class were kind of steals. Just from a pure talent perspective, its pretty rare to have that much talent all fall out of the first two rounds from the QB position. Not to say that they are uber talented, we knew this was a weaker QB class. But I wouldn't be shocked if a few of them became serviceable starters, just from upside alone.

But who knows, we werent in the pre draft meetings with them, they could all have bricks for brains in terms of football IQ lol.
Something that can be said of every position, but the effects of missing/shortened 2020 are still in effect. I think a lot less is known about these prospects because of that which is possibly why we are seeing the hesitation with these guys.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 02, 2022 1:51 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:40 pm

Exactly. I mean, for example, I heard there was a real negative outlook on Howell's time and how he carried himself etc. at the Senior Bowl. So much we don't know about these players, in regards to their personalities, and NFL teams can obviously glean so much more about these players in that regard.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon May 02, 2022 1:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:51 pm Exactly. I mean, for example, I heard there was a real negative outlook on Howell's time and how he carried himself etc. at the Senior Bowl. So much we don't know about these players, in regards to their personalities, and NFL teams can obviously glean so much more about these players in that regard.
I blasted the NFL for letting Aaron Hernandez slip due to failed drug tests. Turns out it was way worse than that. Many teams knew of his deep gang connections.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon May 02, 2022 2:30 pm

How would you rank these three in a PPR league?
Dameon Pierce, Rachaad White, Zamir White.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon May 02, 2022 2:31 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:30 pm How would you rank these three in a PPR league?
Dameon Pierce, Rachaad White, Zamir White.
Richaad White

-take a WR

-trade the pick

Pierce
Zamir

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Mon May 02, 2022 3:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:14 am
BabyChark23 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:11 am
Hankybro21 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:30 pm

I saw Malik go 1.09 today in a 10tm SF.

Breece, walker, Pickett, Burks, London, Olave, Cook, Ridder, Malik, G. Wilson
Garret Wilson at the 1.10? I would be doing cart wheels if I had that pick.
Three real egregious reaches in Cook, Ridder, Willis 3 in a row. These people don't know what they are doing. Especially bad, reaching on QB's and a satellite back in a 10 teamer, where "studs" are king. Role playing RB's aren't as valuable as in larger leagues, and neither are the back end QB's. Brutal drafting.
Yea the cook and ridder picks I didn’t get at all. The Ridder owner “needed a QB” hence the pick. I have no idea why he didn’t take G Wilson there. He’s usually smarter than that
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.04, 1.05, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early), 1st (early), 1st (mid)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, MHJ, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Brooks, Ekeler
T: Andrews, Granson

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:33 am

I traded the 2.03 and a 23 second up for the 1.12. Yes i know 23 is stacked but i have 4 23 firsts so this was a fine move to make for me imo. Like most of us i have literally no idea who will be available at 1.12 but i will say the guys who intrigue me there are Rachaad White, Christian Watson, Dotson or Skyy Moore. Its so hard to know who to take there. Im also having this same exact problem at 1.08. Im PRAYING the guy at 1.04/1.05 reaches on Cook there so that i luck into a better player, anything is possible. All i know is after the top 7 this really is one of the most confusing draft classes ive ever seen.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue May 03, 2022 10:07 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:33 am I traded the 2.03 and a 23 second up for the 1.12. Yes i know 23 is stacked but i have 4 23 firsts so this was a fine move to make for me imo. Like most of us i have literally no idea who will be available at 1.12 but i will say the guys who intrigue me there are Rachaad White, Christian Watson, Dotson or Skyy Moore. Its so hard to know who to take there. Im also having this same exact problem at 1.08. Im PRAYING the guy at 1.04/1.05 reaches on Cook there so that i luck into a better player, anything is possible. All i know is after the top 7 this really is one of the most confusing draft classes ive ever seen.
It's not a bad deal, but I probably would've waited until it got closer to that pick being OTC. You don't know who will be available and you don't know who you would take which means you could've saved your '23 2nd and acquired the leftover player you still considered. Hopefully your '23 2nd will be later to counter the gamble.