The Tyreek Hill Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Tyreek Hill

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:18 am

TheNuts,

You are under no pressure or compulsion to stop posting in this thread.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:29 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:18 am TheNuts,

FYI, I wasn't suggesting or asking that. Just a request not to respond to my comments, as I feel it would be more productive at this point. Moving on.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:29 am
ArrylT wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:18 am TheNuts,

FYI, I wasn't suggesting or asking that. Just a request not to respond to my comments, as I feel it would be more productive at this point. Moving on.
Absolutely. However since it was a public thread, I simply wanted to make sure that got clarified, and that abiding by your request should in no way interfere with his ability to discuss the topic.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:24 am

Tyreek Hill- league winner. Cheers to everyone who held strong and who bought him on the cheap.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 am

fakespike13 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:24 am Tyreek Hill- league winner. Cheers to everyone who held strong and who bought him on the cheap.
Eww.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:08 am
TheNuts wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:02 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:42 am

Good for you. There is so much wrong with this, IMO. FYI, I'm blocking you so I don't have to read what you have to say anymore. If we were in person my words would be a bit different, but I won't do it over a public internet forum. Please do me a favour and don't respond to my posts. Thanks.
This doesn't sound very constructive. It's ok for someone to have him on their fantasy team, but they can't actually say that he helps their team? People are too sensitive. Nothing in the fantasy football world will affect how Hill acts, doesn't act, how the NFL decides to deal with him, or his contract with a team. So if someone owns Hill in fantasy football, and I guarantee he will not be just sitting on waivers in your league, they have to act like he is begrudingly on their team?

Hill was undervalued as hell last year, which lead me to a championship in my big money league, and a second place finish in my dynasty league. Now I have him in both dynasties, and I will probably end up with him in my big money league again at a discount. I have said from the jump that he should be punished/suspended. I don't think any more fist wringing needs to be done at this point. While people are being sensitive about the situation though, I will be capitalizing.

I would ask that you refrain from being internet tough guy. It's a bad vibe to send through a place like this.

I don't think you understand. I don't respect your opinion and the way you come across, so I'm choosing to block you. Please stop responding to my posts, it isn't difficult. Thanks.
I was all over Mahomes and Hill last year, so you may want to make sure you check in to see what I am saying.

I think it's odd that you specifically point out not respecting my opinion, when the people who assumed Hill guilty of breaking his sons arm should probably have their opinions questioned. I am here to give and get good advice for fantasy football. I'm not here to take a moral stand or hop up onto a moral soap box, and I am not in the business of losing. It's my advice you buy Hill while he is still kind of cheap, so that your fantasy team is better.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:30 pm

There is still risk with Tyreek, but I feel comfortable saying that those who rush sold previously are experiencing fantasy football remorse. Some will say they have morals and don’t regret it, but when focusing on fantasy football, it was a very poor decision. I was on the brink a few times but am very happy I held. Have not successfully bought shares though and will wait to hedge cross league impacts given the escalating price. It very well could be league winning investment though.

Feeling it necessary to tell someone they are being blocked, and then multiple times not to respond to them, primarily due to difference of opinion, and then claiming it be for the best of the discussion, feels comical. If you want to be the bigger person then just don’t respond. No need to egg someone on. The sensitivity in here as if it is some moral playground is far too much.

That said, I appreciate the perspectives shared in this thread. They are are valid IMO if you take them with unbiased eyes, and all have varying degrees of legitimacy in terms of what the outcome could be. The market has varying opinions, and whether ‘news’ is legitimate news or just fluff pieces, it all impacts market perception. There likely will be more high/low value swings upcoming. Will be interesting to follow. Lots of debate still to come when the suspension comes down.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:50 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:30 pm There is still risk with Tyreek, but I feel comfortable saying that those who rush sold previously are experiencing fantasy football remorse. Some will say they have morals and don’t regret it, but when focusing on fantasy football, it was a very poor decision. I was on the brink a few times but am very happy I held. Have not successfully bought shares though and will wait to hedge cross league impacts given the escalating price. It very well could be league winning investment though.

Feeling it necessary to tell someone they are being blocked, and then multiple times not to respond to them, primarily due to difference of opinion, and then claiming it be for the best of the discussion, feels comical. If you want to be the bigger person then just don’t respond. No need to egg someone on. The sensitivity in here as if it is some moral playground is far too much.

That said, I appreciate the perspectives shared in this thread. They are are valid IMO if you take them with unbiased eyes, and all have varying degrees of legitimacy in terms of what the outcome could be. The market has varying opinions, and whether ‘news’ is legitimate news or just fluff pieces, it all impacts market perception. There likely will be more high/low value swings upcoming. Will be interesting to follow. Lots of debate still to come when the suspension comes down.
Well, I actually responded only once after I said that, and it was within the same minute, as I was again requesting they not bother responding to my posts, since my initial request was not given. He's free to do what he wants, but all I did was again ask him to not bother responding to my posts, as I won't be seeing them to respond or defend my position. Was not trying to egg anyone on. I'm going to stay out of this thread until there is some actual development to the situation. Thanks. Have a great day.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:22 pm

fakespike13 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:24 am Tyreek Hill- league winner. Cheers to everyone who held strong and who bought him on the cheap.
Cheers mate

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:29 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:30 pm There is still risk with Tyreek, but I feel comfortable saying that those who rush sold previously are experiencing fantasy football remorse. Some will say they have morals and don’t regret it, but when focusing on fantasy football, it was a very poor decision. I was on the brink a few times but am very happy I held. Have not successfully bought shares though and will wait to hedge cross league impacts given the escalating price. It very well could be league winning investment though.
I believe that will depend on the owner. I feel that the #1 priority when it comes to a hobby, whether or not you win prizes, should be the enjoyment of said hobby. So regardless of the cost of selling, if an owner feels having a player on that roster hinders or interferes with their enjoyment, I think that that cost is justified. Some things can act as a trigger, so even the ownership of a player might trigger an emotional response that is best avoided.

I can honestly state that there are players that I would rather not own even if it meant knowingly losing that season. Some things can have too high a price to pay.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:52 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:29 pm
I believe that will depend on the owner. I feel that the #1 priority when it comes to a hobby, whether or not you win prizes, should be the enjoyment of said hobby. So regardless of the cost of selling, if an owner feels having a player on that roster hinders or interferes with their enjoyment, I think that that cost is justified. Some things can act as a trigger, so even the ownership of a player might trigger an emotional response that is best avoided.

I can honestly state that there are players that I would rather not own even if it meant knowingly losing that season. Some things can have too high a price to pay.
It's fine if someone doesn't want him on their team. I just don't get why people expect me to also have him off of my roster. They should probably join a league where certain players aren't allowed for moral conduct issues.

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:56 am

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:24 pm

Looking like a 1 to 2 games suspension is the worse outcome now. Hill has already been in meetings with the NFL according to unnamed sources on Twitter, but it seems believable, but still speculation. For any Hill owners, I suggest you don’t sell him at a discount from here on out.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:44 pm

usps33 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:24 pm Looking like a 1 to 2 games suspension is the worse outcome now. Hill has already been in meetings with the NFL according to unnamed sources on Twitter, but it seems believable, but still speculation. For any Hill owners, I suggest you don’t sell him at a discount from here on out.
Great news for his fantasy owners :thumbup:

Murray, Minshew
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

Matt Ryan
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver