Marlon mack

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Here's why I'm Buying Marlon Mack - which Rookies are you Buying, and why?

Postby DJB » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:51 pm
DJB wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm A contender might drop a late first on him but to me that's too rich for me. Id deal a couple 2nd round picks though for him.

He looks really solid when healthy. But the issue is hes always banged up
And he's a DNP today.
Yeah saw that.

There's also the risk that the Colts pay a boatload of money for Bell or draft anotjer RB high making Mack more of a 3rd down or cuff guy.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Marlon Mack - 2 straight games with 145+ yards and 2 TDs.

Colts offense suddenly looks like one of the best in the league, and their O-Line has quietly been one of the elite units over the past month.

Mack has been dominating touches - he has 44 carries over the past 2 weeks, well ahead of Hines (16) & Wilkins (8) and looks like a legitimate RB #2 for the foreseeable future.....
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Not to bash Mack — but a performance against Oakland shouldn’t change anyone’s opinion of him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 pm Not to bash Mack — but a performance against Oakland shouldn’t change anyone’s opinion of him.
The Raiders did a decent job vs Carson/Davis and Melvin Gordon in previous games, so while I agree, Mack outdid two very good rushing attacks recently.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:26 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:13 pm Not to bash Mack — but a performance against Oakland shouldn’t change anyone’s opinion of him.
That's certainly fair.

But I also think it'd be a little foolish to ignore back-to-back 150+ yard / 2 TD performances, no matter who the opponent is.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 am

Quietly, the Colts have fixed their offensive line issues in pass protection and run blocking. Right now, they're an elite offense and they're finally healthy across the board. They were 4th in adjusted line yards entering this week and Mack is getting the biggest workload of their backs.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:18 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:26 pm
That's certainly fair.

But I also think it'd be a little foolish to ignore back-to-back 150+ yard / 2 TD performances, no matter who the opponent is.
Definitely. But if I didn't like him before, I'm not chomping at the bit now. And if I did like him, I'm not anointing him the next Gurley.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:52 pm

Should he maintain quality play (certainly not expecting his last 2 weeks to be the norm) and stay healthy, he should have a hold on the job next season considering INDY’s many needs elsewhere, no?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:00 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 am Quietly, the Colts have fixed their offensive line issues in pass protection and run blocking. Right now, they're an elite offense and they're finally healthy across the board. They were 4th in adjusted line yards entering this week and Mack is getting the biggest workload of their backs.
Exactly why I bought Mack everywhere I could in the off season. Mack is still a highly underrated RB. Needs to stay healthy but excellent vision and burst with solid hands.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:25 am

I wouldn't minimize any rb who put up back to back 150 + yd performances in the NFL. Doing so seems foolish. M.Mack has talent, what he didn't have before was opportunity and an adequate / balanced offense with the ability to run block. Whether or not it was Oakland is really beside the point. His touches and involvement tell the story of how the coaching staff view him and his role. His 30+ point effort vs the Bills is worth noting don't ya think? The Bills defense is actually pretty tough.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 am

Very close to accepting Marlon Mack for the projected 1.12 and 2.1. I'm the favorite to win it all, and only serious weekness is lack of an rb3

Accept for team 2?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Achane, Dobbins, Algier, trash
WR: Nabers, Tank Dell, Addison, Shaheed, Thomas Jr. McConkey, K Coleman, JSN, QJ, S Jameson Williams, Corley, Polk, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, Juwan, Musgrave, Theo Johnson
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2025 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5
2026- 1,2,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2027

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:02 am

Hockey, In your case, with that roster, I'd be all over Mack. Whatever it takes to get your team that ship. Good luck & nice team there.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:36 am

He’s looking good, I’d go for it

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:16 am Quietly, the Colts have fixed their offensive line issues in pass protection and run blocking. Right now, they're an elite offense and they're finally healthy across the board. They were 4th in adjusted line yards entering this week and Mack is getting the biggest workload of their backs.
This was the biggest surprise to me so I actually looked it up - they have apparently even increased to 2nd; behind only the Rams.
Wow.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:32 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 am Very close to accepting Marlon Mack for the projected 1.12 and 2.1. I'm the favorite to win it all, and only serious weekness is lack of an rb3

Accept for team 2?
Easily. Mack should be worth a very early first.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".