General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: D'Andre Swift: Skilled but "soft"

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:28 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:06 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:29 pm
He had touches that would be close to a lead back, and got dinged up, as usual. It's part and parcel my, man. Let's see if he gets 20-30 plus touches this week. Jacobs in constantly questionable, yet constantly getting 20-35 touches. There's a difference. Swift has not proven he can handle it. So when he comes out after more touches than he'd been given, and limited, it means more than a guy who proves he can take a workload consistently. Until this coaching staff believes Swift can handle a workload and play week to week without missing games, he's more likely to have his touches limited week to week.
I still don't get this critique, because it feels like we're comparing different levels of injuries and then using it to call Swift soft. Swift has missed games for legitimate injuries. He hasn't missed games because of a cut on his finger or some light ankle sprain.

Whatever the case is, he was clearly playing through something the past couple of weeks and seems to be getting back to where he wants to be. I just don't think it's realistic to penalize a player because they won't play through notable injuries, or they aren't capable of doing it well. That shouldn't be an expectation for a RB.
My issue isn't that he can't play through legitimate injuries, it's that whenever he gets a decent workload he can't seem to avoid a legitimate injury
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:38 am

His own coaching staff basically called him soft, without saying it. This was part of the OP. They suggested he was not able to play through things he should be able to. It was them questioning the legitimacy, or extent of his "injuries" in the past. They talked about his ability to play through minor bumps and bruises. Not necessarily the actual injuries on the report, but the stuff that doesn't go on the injury report. They clearly had an issue with Swift at some point, whether it be taking himself out, or complaining, or whatever, I don't know, I wasn't there, but it was a clear issue for the RB coach at one point.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:38 am His own coaching staff basically called him soft, without saying it. This was part of the OP. They suggested he was not able to play through things he should be able to. It was them questioning the legitimacy, or extent of his "injuries" in the past. They talked about his ability to play through minor bumps and bruises. Not necessarily the actual injuries on the report, but the stuff that doesn't go on the injury report. They clearly had an issue with Swift at some point, whether it be taking himself out, or complaining, or whatever, I don't know, I wasn't there, but it was a clear issue for the RB coach at one point.
Some players seem to suffer from this mindset. Locally, one example is Rashad Penny. Now he did have some legitimate injuries as well, ones he couldn't play through. But it wasn't until Adrian Peterson joined the team midway through last season that Penny started to come on. He actually credited Peterson with helping him become a better RB, and teaching him important lessons about playing the position. One specific lesson he learned was the difference between playing "hurt" and "injured".

Of course, then he went on to be legitimately injured again in 2022, and here we are...

I don't know if some players are physically more prone to injury or just unlucky. But it sure seems there are some that have difficulty staying off IR, or missing weeks at a time. So far, Swift has been one of them. I hope for better, healthier seasons ahead for him, but won't be buying any shares either.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:10 pm

mild wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:29 pm There you go, told you.
Cool. I'm starting him with confidence this week. 8-)
How did that work out for you? :wink:
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:10 pm
mild wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:29 pm There you go, told you.
Cool. I'm starting him with confidence this week. 8-)
How did that work out for you? :wink:
I won both matchups I started him in thanks to Evan Engram and the greatest QB in fantasy: Jalen Hurts.

WITH CONFIDENCE! :lol:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:07 pm

Been waiting years for DOUBLE EE to have this kind of game ... and he was on our bench😡

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:32 pm

I'm done with Swift. He will not be in my starting lineup again this year. Can't trust him in the playoffs

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:32 am

Back under 10 touches. Outproduced by Justin Jackson. Not like Jamaal had a good game either but he got a majority of the touches. I don't see how you can trust Swift in the playoffs unless you squeaked in with no other options.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:13 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:32 am Back under 10 touches. Outproduced by Justin Jackson. Not like Jamaal had a good game either but he got a majority of the touches. I don't see how you can trust Swift in the playoffs unless you squeaked in with no other options.
I think it’s fair to say none of the RBs had a good game and Jackson’s day was salvaged by that touchdown. Agree the usage is bad again and I don’t know how to read the situation. Swift was in on some in the 10 opportunities though. At this point he’s a high risk RB2/Flex but in the leagues I have him I’m starting him over people like Jeff Wilson, D’Onta Foreman etc.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:21 am

Mike11 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:13 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:32 am Back under 10 touches. Outproduced by Justin Jackson. Not like Jamaal had a good game either but he got a majority of the touches. I don't see how you can trust Swift in the playoffs unless you squeaked in with no other options.
I think it’s fair to say none of the RBs had a good game and Jackson’s day was salvaged by that touchdown. Agree the usage is bad again and I don’t know how to read the situation. Swift was in on some in the 10 opportunities though. At this point he’s a high risk RB2/Flex but in the leagues I have him I’m starting him over people like Jeff Wilson, D’Onta Foreman etc.
He's a guy I would hate to start but also hate to see in my opponents lineup, because thats the week he will go for 20+ lol

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:54 pm

Woof. Hope nobody started him. Another game with minimal involvement.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:54 pm Woof. Hope nobody started him. Another game with minimal involvement.
Though the involvement was because they were getting killed.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:32 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:17 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:54 pm Woof. Hope nobody started him. Another game with minimal involvement.
Maybe. But Swift is supposed to be one of the stars of the offense. And if the offense can't get it going early and falls behind, that's partly Swift's fault.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:35 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:32 pm
Although it could be argued they were getting killed partly because he was ineffective in the early going.
Could also argue that his best skill is pass catching, and he wasn't involved in a blowout comeback script.

Hard times for the Swift shareholders. In all the redrafts I had him... I'm already dead.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:35 pm

Didn't get the receptions either, though. I benched him a few weeks ago, he's not start worthy at this point. 5 targets, only 1 catch. 5 Touches. 13 last week, 9 the week before. He's a guy you simply can't trust in your lineup if you want to win, at this point. Didn't see that coming at the start of the year.
Janiel Dones Truther