Cleveland Browns Get 2 of top 4 picks

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Cleveland Browns Get 2 of top 4 picks

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:36 pm

I've got 3 of the top 5 in DLF Premium League. And I've believe in myself more than the Browns. And I suck at drafting.

lol

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:40 am

So the Browns look like they have a perfect record right now sitting at 2-0 with successful failed acquisitions of QBs in McCarron and Smith. The future is VERY bright as a fan as they have avoided two major mistakes already.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dynastyfootball11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dynastyfootball11 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:53 pm

skip wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:40 am So the Browns look like they have a perfect record right now sitting at 2-0 with successful failed acquisitions of QBs in McCarron and Smith. The future is VERY bright as a fan as they have avoided two major mistakes already.
LOL :clap:

Browns dream offseason: Sign Kirk Cousins, AP to mentor/backup Barkley & Landry, Trade #1 overall for multiple draft picks, Draft Barkley at 4, Trade Crowell & Duke for picks

Kirk
Barkley & AP
Gordon & Coleman outside, Landry in slot
Njoku
:shock:
14 team IDP PPR Salary Cap
QB: Rodgers Watson
RB: Kamara Allgeier Elliott Hunt T.Williams
WR: Lamb Allen Deebo Cooper McLaurin Mi.Thomas Addison Meyers
TE: Pitts LaPorta J.Johnson

16 Team IDP PPR Salary Cap
QB: Hurts Watson
RB: B.Robinson White J.Cook Elliott Knight
WR: Allen Diggs AJB Cooper Ridley S.Moore Dortch
TE: Kelce LaPorta Ferguson

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 am

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/9 ... 0466833408

Former Redskins GM Scott McCloughan has joined the Browns team ... and he is on record as stating he feels Mayfield is the best QB in the class

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/10/19/ ... s-analysis

This could also kill any Cousins to Cleveland momentum since McCloughan is also on record as considering Cousins not special

https://www.thescore.com/news/1470684
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 am

I hope Cleveland trades for Foles...just to drive Skip crazy. :D

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 am I hope Cleveland trades for Foles...just to drive Skip crazy. :D
you're ruthless bro. adding insult to injury. but fun stat, as a starter, he is 21-16... meaning he is better than 68% of QBs currently starting.

I keep having the Foles discussion with everyone. Not everyone beats Brady in pretty decisive fashion.

But if he goes to CLE, my god.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:32 am

i was going to say can we keep CLE out of it on this one, and then realized, it's about CLE.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:18 am

hjernazian wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 am
Valhalla wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 am I hope Cleveland trades for Foles...just to drive Skip crazy. :D
you're ruthless bro. adding insult to injury. but fun stat, as a starter, he is 21-16... meaning he is better than 68% of QBs currently starting.

I keep having the Foles discussion with everyone. Not everyone beats Brady in pretty decisive fashion.

But if he goes to CLE, my god.
I think you misread me. I like Foles. I've defended him adamantly in the past, in response to Skip bashing him. I actually think he would be a good acquisition for the Browns. I just know that Skip disagrees, and it would not be fun for him to have to cheer for Foles to succeed for his own team's success.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:28 pm

I think they would be dumb to draft any qb. Either roll with Kizer another year and actually try to develop him, or sign a vet. Draft Barkley and am o-lineman.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 pm

GLSmk wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:28 pm I think they would be dumb to draft any qb. Either roll with Kizer another year and actually try to develop him, or sign a vet. Draft Barkley and am o-lineman.
Kizer was terrible though. Not every QB is going to pull a Goff and drastically improve their 2nd year, not to mention Goff was a much better prospect than Kizer. Not every middling QB is going to pull a Foles and lead a team to the Superbowl. I believe they have been trying to sign vets, nobody wants to play there. It was a multi-year effort to get to this point to draft a QB in this draft class. It simply wouldn't make sense for them not to take one. If you want to argue they shouldn't take a QB #1 overall, fine. But don't draft one with either pick? Eh, you lose me there.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:38 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 pm
GLSmk wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:28 pm I think they would be dumb to draft any qb. Either roll with Kizer another year and actually try to develop him, or sign a vet. Draft Barkley and am o-lineman.
Kizer was terrible though. Not every QB is going to pull a Goff and drastically improve their 2nd year, not to mention Goff was a much better prospect than Kizer. Not every middling QB is going to pull a Foles and lead a team to the Superbowl. I believe they have been trying to sign vets, nobody wants to play there. It was a multi-year effort to get to this point to draft a QB in this draft class. It simply wouldn't make sense for them not to take one. If you want to argue they shouldn't take a QB #1 overall, fine. But don't draft one with either pick? Eh, you lose me there.
Even top 5 overall QBs bust. The safer bet is a proven commodity, like Kirk Cousins. If they can convince him they are little more than a QB away from being competitive in the AFC North (which is probably the truth anyway), they may be able to land him and two blue chip guys at the top of the draft.

Tell me you don’t think Kirk would be interested in playing along side Barkley, behind a good OLine, with a (at worst) middle-of-the-road defense.
The standard is the standard.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 am

It shouldn’t be that hard to sell Cousins on Cleveland. They could add Barkley and B. Chubb, and they’d still have a ton of cap space and two early picks in the 2nd. Steelers and Ravens are old, Cincy is bad.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:25 am

Darnold and Chubb would be a solid draft .
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:27 am

Ok, ok, ok, I know what they should do. Draft a qb with both picks . Surely one guy becomes the franchise lol
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 am

DJB wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:27 am Ok, ok, ok, I know what they should do. Draft a qb with both picks . Surely one guy becomes the franchise lol
And the Browns bring in Keenum and Bradford.

With 4 startable QBs on roster (5 if you believe in Kizer), their QB issues will finally be solved. :clap: :wink:
The standard is the standard.