2020 Offseason Completed Trades

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2020 Offseason Completed Trades

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:14 pm

Most won't like the trade on value, but I acquired Barkley from the back2back league champ recently.

Acquired Saquon Barkley
Sent Hopkins, AJ Brown, Dobbins

For me, Barkley is 23, a generational talent, and in an offense that is being built up from the ground for him. I think he could have some serious record breaking seasons, and for that reason, I had to have him. I don't think the Giants let him walk after drafting him so high either, so think he could turn into one of those rare RB like AP that plays at an elite level for 10 or so years. Set him and forget him, which is a dying breed in the NFL today.

Adding fuel to the fire, the guy I traded with, was the b2b champion, who beat me each year in the championship (his core was Barkley, McCaffrey, M Thomas, DJ Moore, Sutton). I feel I knocked him down a peg with this trade, and only gave up one of my starters in Hopkins.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Nabers, Odunze, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ja’lynn Polk, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Pitts, Likely, Mayer, Stover

2025: 2x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:16 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:14 pm Most won't like the trade on value, but I acquired Barkley from the back2back league champ recently.

Acquired Saquon Barkley

For me, Barkley is 23, a generational talent, and in an offense that is being built up from the ground for him. I think he could have some serious record breaking seasons, and for that reason, I had to have him. I don't think the Giants let him walk after drafting him so high either, so think he could turn into one of those rare RB like AP that plays at an elite level for 10 or so years. Set him and forget him, which is a dying breed in the NFL today.

Adding fuel to the fire, the guy I traded with, was the b2b champion, who beat me each year in the championship (his core was Barkley, McCaffrey, M Thomas, DJ Moore, Sutton). I feel I knocked him down a peg with this trade, and only gave up one of my starters in Hopkins.
I'm fine with that deal. Hopkins may take a little hit being in AZ. Brown is not a guarantee yet. He was completely shut down in the playoffs. Dobbins isn't a guarantee either. There are a lot of talented running backs on that roster right now.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:59 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:14 pm Most won't like the trade on value, but I acquired Barkley from the back2back league champ recently.

Acquired Saquon Barkley

I gave up a similar overpay for Barkley, based on the same belief of him as an anomaly.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:41 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Acquired Saquon Barkley

I gave up a similar overpay for Barkley, based on the same belief of him as an anomaly.
I can tell you that if someone offered me this for Barkley I’d smash accept.

Love Barkley, but Hopkins and two young players with the potential to finish top 5 at their position is too much to ignore.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:51 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:41 pm Love Barkley, but Hopkins and two young players with the potential to finish top 5 at their position is too much to ignore.
The odds either of those players finish in the top 5 are pretty low, but to get Barkley, which is basically a guarantee to be top 5, to me was worth it. I believe the odds are greater than 80% that Barkley finishes as the RB1 overall, at least once in his career.
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Nabers, Odunze, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ja’lynn Polk, Dotson, Bateman

Year 9 of my league

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:09 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:51 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:41 pm Love Barkley, but Hopkins and two young players with the potential to finish top 5 at their position is too much to ignore.
The odds either of those players finish in the top 5 are pretty low, but to get Barkley, which is basically a guarantee to be top 5, to me was worth it. I believe the odds are greater than 80% that Barkley finishes as the RB1 overall, at least once in his career.
Hopkins has already been the WR1 and could easily be again... so it's not like he's getting nothing but potential; and I'm certainly not betting against AJB and Dobbins having multiple top 5 seasons... I personally think both of them are a threat to finish as the 1 in fantasy at some point in their careers, but I agree Barkely is more likely to than either of them

I see this as a minor win for you, if AJB and Dobbins don't hit in a big way.... and if even one of them does you lost this hard. It's a very savvy trade by the BtB champ.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:34 pm

Even if AJB hits, Barkley is basically a dual threat. Barkley had 90+ catches his rookie year. AJ Brown didn’t do that... Hopkins is proven, sure, but he arguably isn’t going to get his 150ish targets anymore, and he needs that to be a top top WR.

Saying Dobbins could be the 1 is wild. Sure, he could be, but the world COULD end tomorrow. The probability Dobbins is ever the RB1, is single digits.

Year 9 of my league

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:58 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:34 pm Even if AJB hits, Barkley is basically a dual threat. Barkley had 90+ catches his rookie year. AJ Brown didn’t do that... Hopkins is proven, sure, but he arguably isn’t going to get his 150ish targets anymore, and he needs that to be a top top WR.

Saying Dobbins could be the 1 is wild. Sure, he could be, but the world COULD end tomorrow. The probability Dobbins is ever the RB1, is single digits.
Was the trade with Mr. Brown or Mr. Blue?

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:58 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:34 pm Even if AJB hits, Barkley is basically a dual threat. Barkley had 90+ catches his rookie year. AJ Brown didn’t do that... Hopkins is proven, sure, but he arguably isn’t going to get his 150ish targets anymore, and he needs that to be a top top WR.

Was the trade with Mr. Brown or Mr. Blue?
Mr. Moola

Year 9 of my league

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:16 am

Why do you think Hopkins won't command 150 targets in the fast paced, high passing volume offense Kingsubry is trying to run in ARZ? (I have downgraded him because he's changing teams this offseason, and that tends to lead to a decrease in fantasy points the next season... but I don't see why you'd expect his volume to be capped there?)

Dobbins is on the #1 offense in the NFL last season (lots of touchdowns up for grabs), tethered to the best dual threat QB in the NFL (in Lamar), in a run heavy offense that implemented the highest percentage of RPO's in the NFL last year (which is Dobbin's bread and butter)... Dobbins displayed a 3 down skillset in college, and is a decent prospect in his own right... it's far less outlandish than you're making it out to be :eh:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:11 am

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:16 am

Why do you think Hopkins won't command 150 targets in the fast paced, high passing volume offense Kingsubry is trying to run in ARZ? (I have downgraded him because he's changing teams this offseason, and that tends to lead to a decrease in fantasy points the next season... but I don't see why you'd expect his volume to be capped there?)

Dobbins is on the #1 offense in the NFL last season (lots of touchdowns up for grabs), tethered to the best dual threat QB in the NFL (in Lamar), in a run heavy offense that implemented the highest percentage of RPO's in the NFL last year (which is Dobbin's bread and butter)... Dobbins displayed a 3 down skillset in college, and is a decent prospect in his own right... it's far less outlandish than you're making it out to be :eh:
I would hate a deal like this my leagues, but his starting requirements are so small that this is... fine, I guess? If you’re only starting 7 total players, this type of 3-1 deal isn’t as bad as it would be in a league with more robust starting requirements.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:21 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:11 am
I would hate a deal like this my leagues, but his starting requirements are so small that this is... fine, I guess? If you’re only starting 7 total players, this type of 3-1 deal isn’t as bad as it would be in a league with more robust starting requirements.
7 starting spots would make this a lot closer for me, good point! :thumbup:

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:11 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:16 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:34 pm The probability Dobbins is ever the RB1, is single digits.

I see them spreading the ball out, Kliffs scheme doesn’t feed just one WR.

I love Dobbins, I took him 1.02 in our rookie draft. That said, there are many very talented NFL RB that I believe are better than Dobbins. Your argument is he could be the 1 overall RB, which as long as Mccaffrey, Barkley, Zeke, Kamara exist, is extremely low odds. That is what I’m saying. Not to mention, Dobbins hasn’t played a snap in the NFL...

Year 9 of my league

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:32 pm

Since Barkley is the topic currently I figured I'd share as well.
I paid the following for him in the DLF Premium league (16 team ppr, QBs go for a bit higher than usual) the other day, during our rookie draft.

Gave:
Jeudy
Tua
Hardman
21 first (mid to early)
Josh Oliver

Received:
Barkley

The way I saw it (similar to the previous poster) Barkley is a generational talent at the position while the others - though certainly talented - are either still unproven (tua/jeudy) or at best low end wr2 (Hardman).

I also had 7 first round picks during that draft and had already acquired quite a few wrs, which made the decision to part with jeudy and Hartman easier. I figured despite being in a pretty major rebuild Barkley would be worth building around.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:53 am

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:32 pm Since Barkley is the topic currently I figured I'd share as well.
I paid the following for him in the DLF Premium league (16 team ppr, QBs go for a bit higher than usual) the other day, during our rookie draft.

Gave:
Jeudy
Tua
Hardman
21 first (mid to early)
Josh Oliver

Received:
Barkley

This one actually seems really cheap to me, nice move.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert