Martavis owners

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
quietloudness
Role Player
Role Player

Martavis owners

Postby quietloudness » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:23 pm

What would it take for you to move him right now? I know most are a hold and see, but what would get you to move "today"?
12 team PPR league
Big Ben, Henne
Spiller, Sjax, R. Bush, J. Rodgers, D. Rich, Hillman, Hunter
Julio, Maclin, Decker, Cruz,
Gresham, Olsen

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Martavis owners

Postby tidewaterjc » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:27 pm

quietloudness wrote:What would it take for you to move him right now? I know most are a hold and see, but what would get you to move "today"?
A more appropriate question might be, "What price would you be willing to buy Martoker Bryant?"

Logic tells me the sellers price will be far different from the buyers willingness to pay.
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Guy in my league almost immediately sent out a league wide notice that he was on the block. I offered a third round pick--

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Go look in the Team Advice forum, there are about 6 threads with him as the subject
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

quietloudness
Role Player
Role Player

Postby quietloudness » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:51 pm

tidewaterjc wrote:
quietloudness wrote:What would it take for you to move him right now? I know most are a hold and see, but what would get you to move "today"?
A more appropriate question might be, "What price would you be willing to buy Martoker Bryant?"

Logic tells me the sellers price will be far different from the buyers willingness to pay.
Probably somewhere in the second round pick range would get me thinking. Anything after the third round, it makes more sense for the team who has him to keep him. There has to actually be an incentive to trade him, even with the risk.
12 team PPR league
Big Ben, Henne
Gresham, Olsen

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:53 pm

All I can say is, I fully expected this. Josh Gordon owners, sell while you can. It's going to happen at some point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Thinking more like Justin Blackmon. Remember, Gordon got screwed twice... Those that don't understand why he got his suspensions have some research to do.

Already wasn't buying Bryant at his inflated price. Now I won't pay anything for him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:32 pm

skip wrote:Thinking more like Justin Blackmon. Remember, Gordon got screwed twice... Those that don't understand why he got his suspensions have some research to do.

Already wasn't buying Bryant at his inflated price. Now I won't pay anything for him.
Not trying to get off topic, but Gordon screwed himself. Nobody made him do anything and he has only himself to blame.

That being said, Martavis is just a big of a moron as Blackmon and Gordon. I don't own Martavis anywhere and wouldn't look to buy. I did recently miss an opportunity to acquire Wheaton on the cheap, but passed. Oh well, if I was a Martavis owner I wouldn't sell for less than a first. As a buyer, I wouldn't.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:38 pm

skip wrote:Thinking more like Justin Blackmon. Remember, Gordon got screwed twice... Those that don't understand why he got his suspensions have some research to do.

Fully aware of why he got suspended, and it's his own fault. Don't make excuses for him. As for Bryant. I saw this coming a mile away. I tried to tell a friend to sell him in a full on rebuild, ASAP about a month ago. Too late, now.

quietloudness
Role Player
Role Player

Postby quietloudness » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:45 pm

I'm seeing 4 categories so far:

Those who still believe his value is 1st round draft pick (2016 or 2017)
Those believe his value is 2nd round (2016 or 2017)
Those who will stay completely away, no matter what
Those who want him for nothing

It will be interesting to watch
12 team PPR league
Big Ben, Henne
Gresham, Olsen

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:

Fully aware of why he got suspended, and it's his own fault. Don't make excuses for him. As for Bryant. I saw this coming a mile away. I tried to tell a friend to sell him in a full on rebuild, ASAP about a month ago. Too late, now.
I am not making excuses and this is a discussion I spent a ton of time on when it happened. The test itself was highly suspect and he had valid ground for appeal that if heard in court would have been thrown out and no suspension take place. As far as drinkig on a plane with his teammates issue. As dumb as people think that was, the rule itself is more stupid. Getting suspended for partaking of a legal substance that pretty near every player and fan consumes on a regular basis. The outcry shouldn't be about Gordon but rather to get rid of such a stupid rule.

And my point wasn't about Gordon, but rather that Bryant is traveling the Blackmon path of value and future.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:53 pm

skip wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

I am not making excuses and this is a discussion I spent a ton of time on when it happened. The test itself was highly suspect and he had valid ground for appeal that if heard in court would have been thrown out and no suspension take place. As far as drinkig on a plane with his teammates issue. As dumb as people think that was, the rule itself is more stupid. Getting suspended for partaking of a legal substance that pretty near every player and fan consumes on a regular basis. The outcry shouldn't be about Gordon but rather to get rid of such a stupid rule.

And my point wasn't about Gordon, but rather that Bryant is traveling the Blackmon path of value and future.
I agree that the rule is stupid, but he still has to follow it or pay the consequences.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:36 am

He's worth more on my bench than a 3rd round pick. However, I'm not really considering selling him. If he doesn't come back then I cut him, but if he gets his life together in rehab I still have an electric WR2 with tons of potential. It could be just a ploy to gain Bryant sympathy but if he really is using drugs to combat depression then I suppose there's hope.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

duckman92
Starter
Starter

Postby duckman92 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:55 am

Think he has a good surrounding cast in Pittsburgh to get him back on track. When you bring up Blackmon and Gordon you also have to think about their surrounding environments. I like Bryant as a buy if you can get a good deal.
14 Team IDP League 0.5 PPR 1 QB/ 2 RB/ 2 WR / 1 TE/ 1 R/W/T/ 2 LB/ 2 DL/ 2 DB/ 1 K
Dez Hoes Ain't Loyal
QB: A. Rodgers, C. Newton
RB: L. McCoy, D. Murray, L. Miller, F. Gore,B. Powell, C. Sims, M. Brown, R. Kelley
WR: AJ Green, K. Allen, D. Thomas, R. Cobb, K. White, B. Cooks, D. Funchess
TE: J. Reed, T. Kelce, D. Allen
K: J. Tucker
LB: V. Miller, J. Houston, P. Posluszny, C. Mosley
DL JJ Watt, C. Avril
DB T. Mathieu

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:56 am

jcc6fd wrote:He's worth more on my bench than a 3rd round pick. However, I'm not really considering selling him. If he doesn't come back then I cut him, but if he gets his life together in rehab I still have an electric WR2 with tons of potential. It could be just a ploy to gain Bryant sympathy but if he really is using drugs to combat depression then I suppose there's hope.
To YOU he is worth more than a 3rd round pick. To me he is not. He's gone for an entire year. There's no crystal ball that says he won't do it again. I won't offer more than a third for him. And I know plenty that think the same--