Josh McDaniels - terrible coach for fantasy and reality

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Wow. Three picks to get Tebow??? And they don't draft Bryant. McDaniels is even worse @ playing GM.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 pm

SpaderDude wrote:Wow. Three picks to get Tebow??? And they don't draft Bryant. McDaniels is even worse @ playing GM.
We'll see...he is a Belicheck guy and BB LOVES Tebow. Call me crazy but i think i like this pick for Den. I know i know im a UF homer but still think of all the places Tebow could have gone this is a pretty good one
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Indygator wrote:
SpaderDude wrote:Wow. Three picks to get Tebow??? And they don't draft Bryant. McDaniels is even worse @ playing GM.
We'll see...he is a Belicheck guy and BB LOVES Tebow. Call me crazy but i think i like this pick for Den. I know i know im a UF homer but still think of all the places Tebow could have gone this is a pretty good one

Me 2...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:39 pm

I like Thomas, but passing on Dez was very stupid. What they gave up to get Tebow, regardless of whether you like his talent or not, made that selection look like genius.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Money says McDaniels won't last long enough in Denver to develop a project like Tebow.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:23 pm

The Pyrate wrote:Money says McDaniels won't last long enough in Denver to develop a project like Tebow.
My thoughts exactly.

This guy has single-handedly dismantled one of the NFL's top offenses and there is no sign of righting that ship.

Is McD's ego THAT BIG that he thinks he's the one who can fix Tebow's mechanics?

Wow.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Postby SpaderDude » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:18 am

Is McD's ego THAT BIG
That's exactly it. He thinks he's bigger than the team. So, if you're not a yes man, you'll be traded. Problem is that he has not proven anything other than he can't get along with anyone. Just can't see giving up a 2nd, 3rd , and 4th to inherit a long term project. Tebow may turn out fine, but there were many more pressing concerns that could have been addressed in the 1st round if they felt the need to trade up.

It certainly could have been worse elswhere for Tebow, but was this the best for the Broncos. Time will tell. IMO, I don't think so.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 am

The Denver Post reports the Broncos recently sent a letter to unsigned restricted free agent Elvis Dumervil indicating that they will exercise their right to reduce his 2010 salary to 110 percent of last year's pay if he doesn't sign his tender by June 15.

It was easy to understand the Broncos' hard-line stance in response to the petulance of Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, but this is simply unreasonable. Dumervil, a holdover from the previous regime, has been a good soldier and an ultra-productive player. This threat will go over like a lead balloon in the Broncos' locker room. Per the Post, Logan Mankins, Vincent Jackson, and Marcus McNeill received similar letters from their teams.
Rotoworld

Orca
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Orca » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:34 am

Steelersfan wrote:The Denver Post reports the Broncos recently sent a letter to unsigned restricted free agent Elvis Dumervil indicating that they will exercise their right to reduce his 2010 salary to 110 percent of last year's pay if he doesn't sign his tender by June 15.

It was easy to understand the Broncos' hard-line stance in response to the petulance of Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, but this is simply unreasonable. Dumervil, a holdover from the previous regime, has been a good soldier and an ultra-productive player. This threat will go over like a lead balloon in the Broncos' locker room. Per the Post, Logan Mankins, Vincent Jackson, and Marcus McNeill received similar letters from their teams.
Rotoworld
I think the owners are really taking a hard stance to set the tone for upcoming negotations. (Except for Al Davis who is busy setting records for most money paid to kickers and punters)

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:24 am

Maybe they're not just getting rid of all their elite offensive players? :oops:

Losing Mike Nolan was already a huge f#$k-up by MisHandles affecting the defense. If they know what's good for them, they'll lock up Dumervil long-term.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars