Ghurley Or David Johnson

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
SugaRicky
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ghurley Or David Johnson

Postby SugaRicky » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:03 pm

I like Johnson and I hope a situation doesn't develop where he doesn't start for the Cardinals. Gurley is the guy in St. Louis, but I know Johnson would do significantly better than him given the starting role.
16 team PPR IDP||Start 1 QB, 1-2 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 PK, 1-2 DT, 2-3 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S||Salary Cap=$157.5mil||My Salary: $113,853,882

Current Roster
QB: Cousins-Flacco
RB:Blount-M. Jones-Kelley-Jacquizz Rodgers-Taliaferro-T.West
WR: Beasley-Edelman(IR)-Fowler-Fitzgerald-Robinson(IR)-Swtizer-D. Thomas
TE: Ertz-Griffin-Miller
PK: Bryant-Zuerlein
DT: Jernigan-A. Jones-J. Reed
DE: T. Crawford-Gholston-Jaye Howard-DaQuan Jones
LB: Demario Davis-Thomas Davis-Freeman(IR)-Hull-Minter-Schobert-M. Smith(IR)-Timmons
CB: Breaux(IR)-Ky. Fuller-Howard-Lattimore-P.J. Williams
S: R. Allen-P. Chung-Sean Davis-B. McDougald-D. Thompson

Current Taxi Squad
James Conner RB
Bucky Hodges TE
Jayon Brown LB
Zach Cunningham LB
Nick Vigil LB

2018: 1-2-2-4-5
2019: 1-2-3-4

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:07 pm

georg013 wrote:Another DJ owner thread looking for confirmation in his belief that DJ is better than Gurley? No need for that. If you like DJ more, more power to you. But Gurley supporters know that what he did is far more impressive than anything DJ has done on the Cardinals roster surrounded by an all pro quarterback and hall of fame wide receiver. Remanufactured knee and all. Lol.

This. I own Gurley and am pressing hard to get DJ from his owner. But I know who I would rather have 100%, and thats Gurley.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:15 pm

I still dont believe this is a real thread.

Gurley was a beast in college (SEC defenses) and looks great so far in the pros....and he's doing it on arguably the worst offense in the league!

DJ has looked good in a few games but the game that propelled him a ton (because it was on national TV) was against a crappy defense that has been getting blown out all season and the Cardinals have an AWESOME offense with tons of weapons.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:23 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:I still dont believe this is a real thread.

Gurley was a beast in college (SEC defenses) and looks great so far in the pros....and he's doing it on arguably the worst offense in the league!

DJ has looked good in a few games but the game that propelled him a ton (because it was on national TV) was against a crappy defense that has been getting blown out all season and the Cardinals have an AWESOME offense with tons of weapons.

I know. It blows my mind too.

SugaRicky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SugaRicky » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:59 pm

I think it's a reasonable question to ask.

I mean honestly it doesn't take that much to be a good running back in this league, you just need the right offense for the back. Take for example, Alfred Morris. The guy has been a 1000 yard rusher every year he has been in the league, except this season and he wasn't on a particularly great team in a "great" conference (I still believe the SEC is overrated) in college. Not until there were changes to the coaching and the offense on the Redskins did he start doing badly.

First year in the league, Morris ran for over 1600 yards and now with a few changes in place can't do the same thing. And with the way the Rams are going I don't think Fisher will be around for much longer (God only knows why he still has a job), meaning a change in the offense may be coming for Gurley. We'll see if he can continue to do the same thing. You never really know with these guys.

All I'm trying to get across is that it's a reasonable question to ask in a thread.
16 team PPR IDP||Start 1 QB, 1-2 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 PK, 1-2 DT, 2-3 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 2-3 S||Salary Cap=$157.5mil||My Salary: $113,853,882

Current Roster
LB: Demario Davis-Thomas Davis-Freeman(IR)-Hull-Minter-Schobert-M. Smith(IR)-Timmons

Current Taxi Squad
James Conner RB
Bucky Hodges TE
Jayon Brown LB
Zach Cunningham LB
Nick Vigil LB

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:17 am

SugaRicky wrote: I think it's a reasonable question to ask.

I mean honestly it doesn't take that much to be a good running back in this league, you just need the right offense for the back. Take for example, Alfred Morris. The guy has been a 1000 yard rusher every year he has been in the league, except this season and he wasn't on a particularly great team in a "great" conference (I still believe the SEC is overrated) in college. Not until there were changes to the coaching and the offense on the Redskins did he start doing badly.

First year in the league, Morris ran for over 1600 yards and now with a few changes in place can't do the same thing. And with the way the Rams are going I don't think Fisher will be around for much longer (God only knows why he still has a job), meaning a change in the offense may be coming for Gurley. We'll see if he can continue to do the same thing. You never really know with these guys.

All I'm trying to get across is that it's a reasonable question to ask in a thread.
It's an OK question to ask but to have this many people choose DJ blows my mind a little lol
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:52 am

[Trent Richardson] was a beast in college (SEC defenses) and looks great so far in the pros....and he's doing it on arguably the worst offense in the league.
Sound familiar ;)?

I jest, of course, I think Gurley is a better RB and athlete than TRich, but I'm curious...

Does anyone have any knocks on Gurley? The signs were there for Richardson, but do we have anything at all that we want Gurley to improve on; any red flags?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:33 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:

[Trent Richardson] was a beast in college (SEC defenses) and looks great so far in the pros....and he's doing it on arguably the worst offense in the league.
Sound familiar ;)?

I jest, of course, I think Gurley is a better RB and athlete than TRich, but I'm curious...

Does anyone have any knocks on Gurley? The signs were there for Richardson, but do we have anything at all that we want Gurley to improve on; any red flags?

The only thing he needs is... experience lol. He showed incredible maturity and ability as a rookie. He can catch passes (although why the rams didnt explore that more is beyond me, oh wait its jeff fisher thats why), his pass protection is great, between the tackles running, great attitude and work ethic. He really is worthy of the hype he was getting. Hes just unfortunately stuck on the worst offense in the NFL and had the box stacked against him whenever he was on the field.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:50 pm

I drafted Gurley in our online Madden league and his first game I got 169yds and 3 TDs with him...he's the real deal! Lol
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Does anyone honestly believe Gurley looks and plays like TRich in any shape or form? I know we are trying to prove a point but damn. Lets not patronize one another. I think David Johnson is more likely to bust than Gurley is to ever look anything like TRich in the NFL. Well, if he lost his eye sight I could see it happening.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Postby operwapitsai » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Guys. DJ had one good game, one good run.

Kind of reminds me of the Ameer Abdullah hype after his big game/run.

God I wish I had some shares of DJ to sell off right now.
TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: J. Allen, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, M. Brown, G. Edwards, F. Gore
WR: J. Jefferson, J. Landry, M. Brown, AJ Green, J. Washington
TE: E. Engram, E. Ebron

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: J. Herbert, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, R. Jones, AJ Dillon, J. McKinnon
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, C. Samuel, J. Jeudy, CD Lamb, D. Johnson
TE: Gronk, Irv Smith, J. Graham

TEAM 3
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF - 2DL 2LB 2DB

QB: A. Rodgers, J. Garoppolo, J. Love
RB: D. Cook, L. Fournette, P. Lindsay, M. Davis, L. Murray
WR: C. Ridley, DJ Moore, T. McLaurin, NC Lamb, K. Cupp, M. Williams, M. Brown
TE: H. Henrey, T. Higbee

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:46 pm

operwapitsai wrote:Guys. DJ had one good game, one good run.

Kind of reminds me of the Ameer Abdullah hype after his big game/run.

Don't forget about the random TDs throughout the years as well. Remember Antone Smith ATL? Lol

Once Abdullah showed up on SportsCenter his price went through the roof, same thing with DJ on national TV
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:13 am

georg013 wrote:Does anyone honestly believe Gurley looks and plays like TRich in any shape or form? I know we are trying to prove a point but damn. Lets not patronize one another. I think David Johnson is more likely to bust than Gurley is to ever look anything like TRich in the NFL. Well, if he lost his eye sight I could see it happening.
I'm sorry; I'm afraid that in trying to be funny, I came across wrong.

No, I don't think Gurley is anything like Richardson in how he plays. I was more asking if anyone saw red flags or if we're ready to anoint him.

trader101
Role Player
Role Player

Postby trader101 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:57 am

C'mon we all know Melvin Gordon will be the best back of them all...
2Qb, 2Rb, 3Wr, 1Te, 1Rb/Wr/Te, 1D/St, 1K. Roster 20, Keep 10, Roster 20, 0.5 ppr league
Qb: Russel Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Tyrod Taylor
Rb: Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls, Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Isaiah Crowell, Spencer Ware, Jordan Howard, Keith Marshall, Tim Hightower
Wr: Deandre Hopkins, Randall Cobb, TY Hilton, Michael Floyd, Corey Coleman, Phillip Dorsett
Te: Delanie Walker
K: N/A
D/ST: Arizona Cardinals

SugaRicky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby SugaRicky » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:00 pm

trader101 wrote:C'mon we all know Melvin Gordon will be the best back of them all...
No, no, no it's totally Tevin Coleman...

Current Roster

Current Taxi Squad
James Conner RB
Bucky Hodges TE
Jayon Brown LB
Zach Cunningham LB
Nick Vigil LB