OBJ ppr WR1

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: OBJ ppr WR1

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:38 am

snitchinsider wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:Is he getting doubled every play? I don't even think he was single-covered on that 80+ yard touchdown tonight lol.
A lot of people will be calling his long TD "blown coverage," but that's a little bit misleading. The coverage was blown because Beckham ran a great slant-and-go that the safety bit on. The safety tried to jump the slant Beckham showed him, and he turned up field.
My favourite part of that play...hearing Gruden say "oh boy" the second Eli threw the ball.

If I were in a startup, I would have a very hard time picking anyone but OBJ. There is nobody in the NFL who is as fun to watch. If a Giants game is on, that's the one I'm tuning into.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:39 am

He just snuck past julio? Is his long-term ranking really tied that closely into a 1-week performance? He's definitely in the top 5, but i have a hard time moving guys in there around each week.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:48 am

zfifelski wrote:He just snuck past julio? Is his long-term ranking really tied that closely into a 1-week performance? He's definitely in the top 5, but i have a hard time moving guys in there around each week.
I think OP meant Beckham just edged past Julio in 2015 points. If he holds that spot (I'd give him 35% odds), that'll be back-to-back seasons of being the WR1 in points per game.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

hankscorpio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hankscorpio » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:33 am

dlf_jules wrote:Mmmm, flax!
Nicely done.

Count me as someone who was guarded this offseason and had him in the WR7-8 type range, and now would probably take him #1 overall. And I don't own him anywhere either, although I did offer Gronk for him straight up in the offseason and got turned down.

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:38 am

OBJ just moved past Julio for me because I just can't trust Matt Ryan at this point. AB is still my top dynasty asset because I assess in a 3 year window. If Big Ben hadn't missed a handful of games this year then AB would be the top WR by a big margin in 2015. I can see a case for OBJ as #1 obviously but I just think ABs track record and situation still keeps him in that top spot.

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:20 pm

He's in the discussion for #1 overall, that's for sure. I was in the suspicious camp all offseason. I thought he would share some more looks with his teammates, would be game-planned for, would have corners bringing their A-game, etc. He's played lights out pretty consistently and is targeted frequently. Everyone is going to have their own takes for who's number 1. I'll reassess by the time the entire season is over, since there's still 6 weeks worth of football to play and for some players their body of work doesn't just finish at week 17. I'm picking WR with just about any first round pick.

I do have to dispute that he's in the "best ever" discussion. That belongs to Jerry, and Jerry alone. He put up video game numbers in an age where the passing game wasn't what it is today. A 10 year career like this will bring OBJ into that discussion, but not less than 2 seasons.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:41 pm

UnsafeAtAnySpd wrote:He gets Josh Norman this week. It'll be interesting how that goes (meanwhile Julio has the Jags).

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing that as well. No doubt that OBJ is a beast but he's had a few "average" games too. He's definitely in the conversation for the #1 overall pick but I would probably go with Antonio Brown.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:43 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote:
UnsafeAtAnySpd wrote:He gets Josh Norman this week. It'll be interesting how that goes (meanwhile Julio has the Jags).

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing that as well. No doubt that OBJ is a beast but he's had a few "average" games too. He's definitely in the conversation for the #1 overall pick but I would probably go with Antonio Brown.
The way obj plays I don't think Norman is that large of a threat. Norman doesn't play the slot wr and obj regularly lines up in the slot. So where Norman will cover him I don't think it's going to be the entire game.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:46 pm

rock-hammerson wrote:
Cowboysfan33 wrote:

The way obj plays I don't think Norman is that large of a threat. Norman doesn't play the slot wr and obj regularly lines up in the slot. So where Norman will cover him I don't think it's going to be the entire game.

Yep, you're right about that. I do wonder and maybe it's just me, but if I'm Rivera and company, I would have to change that approach against Beckham. I would have Norman travel with Beckham everywhere, it will be interesting to see what happens.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Julio is an amazing talent and AB is probably the No.1 Fantasy WR week-to-week if Big Ben is playing right now. But in dynasty OBJ has to be No 1 for me. He's the No 1 WR this year and even if he finishes behind Julio or Brown he's 3 1/2 years younger than either of them. I don't think even the best coverage stops him form being elite week-to-week because of his pure catching talent. You can be draped all over him and he can still catch it.

I'm bias because I love watching him and picked him in the first round this year in our startup, but I also think he's a logical choice for 1.1 in startups. Like others have said, it's definitely a matter of debate and Julio and Brown are close because of how productive they can be. Nuk is also close because he's proving to be an elite producer and is only a few months older.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:09 pm

I mean I think we can all agree that at the end of the day if we pick somewhere in the top 8-10 we will have some great options.

In no order -- OBJ, Julio, AB, AJG, Gronk, Nuk, Dez, Bell, Gurley...I am sure I am missing a few.

My point is, who cares if you like OBJ at 1.1! If you have 1.1 then awesome, you get YOUR guy...but if you have 1.9 and snag someone like AJG then wrap around and get an ARob or Evans type can you really complain? The fact that this debate is sooooo contentious means that there are a lot of elite talents out there you can build your team around in the 1st round. Honestly, give me pick 1.9 followed by 2.4 over 1.1 and 2.12 any day! lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:21 pm

joeday wrote:I mean I think we can all agree that at the end of the day if we pick somewhere in the top 8-10 we will have some great options.

In no order -- OBJ, Julio, AB, AJG, Gronk, Nuk, Dez, Bell, Gurley...I am sure I am missing a few.

My point is, who cares if you like OBJ at 1.1! If you have 1.1 then awesome, you get YOUR guy...but if you have 1.9 and snag someone like AJG then wrap around and get an ARob or Evans type can you really complain? The fact that this debate is sooooo contentious means that there are a lot of elite talents out there you can build your team around in the 1st round. Honestly, give me pick 1.9 followed by 2.4 over 1.1 and 2.12 any day! lol
I'm so on board with this! My only start-up this year was the 1.16/2.01. Took Calvin and Nuk and am still happy even though they both nearly cost me this week. With so much top end WR talent I lprefer being able to pick anywhere from 1.6 and later.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:57 pm

1.01 easy

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Julio is actually #3 in PPR for 2015 as of now. #1 being AB & #2 being OBJ - so I'm not sure where you got those numbers.

I think he is easily in the conversation as the number one asset - but couldn't fault someone for not taking him number one. You could make the argument for probably 5 or 6 players at that point.

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Obviously you can't say he's "the best ever" after less than two seasons, but I think you can say that he is as talented and is playing as good or better than anyone has right now. The guy makes a play seemingly every week that just makes you say wow. The play last night was just the latest example. Not only did he make an unreal catch to stay in bounds by the smallest margin, but he absolutely knew it immediately. After a couple seasons of highlights, that catch actual did sell me that he is the #1 going forward. His body control and hands are just off the charts. Antonio brown is also a phenomenal Wr, that may not even get the love he deserves, but I don't think anyone else is in the conversation with these two.

The only thing I see with OBJ is that when things go wrong for him, his frustration seems to get the best of him. I think that will improve with time, if anyone is able to figure out how to frustrate him. I'm interested to see this matchup this week, but I think I remember OBJ ripping Sherman last year when he was shutting everybody down too.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST