Allen Robinson for Keenan Allen + Matt Jones

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
johnnydes
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Allen Robinson for Keenan Allen + Matt Jones

Postby johnnydes » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:13 pm

I've recently been offered Keenan Allen plus Matt Jones for my Allen Robinson. I'm a huge Allen Robinson fan, so this is a tough decision for me; any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks!
10 Team Dynasty: Roster 19; .5 PPR SuperFlex; K/PR yds; 4/6pt P/R.TD; Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1OP 1DST
QB: Luck; Bridgewater
RB: Gurley; Rawls; Abdullah; Ellington; Crowell;
WR: AJ Green; A. Robinson; S. Watkins; B. Cooks; D. Parker; Moncrief; Strong;
TE: J. Thomas; M. Williams

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Allen Robinson for Keenan Allen + Matt Jones

Postby SpartyOn » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:22 pm

I really like all 3 players here but I think you should hang onto ARob. I believe he has the highest ceiling of the group.

Injured Reserve
Captain
Captain

Postby Injured Reserve » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Ended up with both Allen and Robinson and happy with both- young and producing. Not sure about Jones, but assuming the trade went through, you'd be dropping some one to make space. Like Jones over Crowell. That said, there are some players I just like and are less likely to trade unless I'm blown away. Yes, we play to win, but for me it's more about fun.
Team 1- 10 team dynasty
Wilson, Rivers /Lacy, Martin, M.Jones, JStew /AJ Green, Allen, ARob, Gordon, Austin, Parker,Jones/ Kelce, Thomas, LGreen
Dareus /Heyward, Vernon, Fowler/Clowney, Anthony, TSmith, EKendricks, Collins /Darby, Jenkins/ Burnett, HSmith, Collins

Team 2-12 team keeper
Cousins/ Bell, Langford, Williams/ Beckham, K Allen, Moncrief, Parker/ Kelce
Quinn, Jackson, Lawrence/ TSmith, EKendricks, Dansby, Hicks/ Burnett

Team 3- 10 team dynasty
Brees, Flacco, Bridgewater, Goff/ Lacy, Abdullah, Yeldon, Ajayi, D.Washington, McKinnon, KRobinson/ Moncrief,DBG, K Bell, TBenjamin, Montgomery, Wright, Agholor, Sanu, Latimer, Sharpe/ Hooper, Ertz, Rodgers

Team 4- 10 team dynasty
Winston, Wentz, Manning, Tannehill/ Lacy, Matthews, Crowell, Jennings, Starks, Morris, Taliaferro, Smallwood, Sankey/ Evans, Watkins, Allen, Jordy, Agholor, Coleman, D.Smith, Pryor/ Gronk, Bennett, Higbee

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Just keep Allen Robinson.

Chefrob1027
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Chefrob1027 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:32 pm

I would snap accept that. I love Keenan, more than Robinson to be honest, plus Jones makes this an easy abrupt for me.
12tm PPR/.5PPC /Big play IDP
SEX PANTHER
QB: Rivers, Kizer,
RB: [color=#FF0000)Hunt, Hyde, [/color]t Ingram, Brieda
WR: Kennan, Nuk,
Baldwin Crowder
, Garcon, M. Lee, Coleman, R. Anderson
TE: Graham, Cook, ASJ
DL: Wilk, L.Williams, F.Clark, Armstead
LB:Bowman, D.Lee, J. Davis,
Foster
, Barr
DB:J.Adams, McDonald, Geathers, Byard,

In16 Team MFL standard Scoring
bleep' Catalina Wine Mixer
QB: Ryan, Smith
RB: Mixon, Hyde, Henry, Thompson
WR: M. Thomas, Baldwin Kennan, Garcon, Coleman, Crowder
TE: Doyle, Mcdonald,
D/ST: Rams
Legatron

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:49 pm

If you're in a position to make a playoff run I would hold. I am a huge fan of both. If you're aiming for next season this may come down to your preference but I would accept. Keenan was on pace to break the record for receptions in a season before he was injured. His injury was freakish and won't be something to worry about for the rest of his career.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Robinson. I'm glad Allen is starting to get appreciated around here again, but Robinson is a different level of talent than the other players involved.

Chefrob1027
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Chefrob1027 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Robinson may be on"another level" but his upside is capped by bortles. I just don't see him getting much better, he'll never see the type of volume Keenan does.
SEX PANTHER
Baldwin Crowder
Foster
, Barr

Legatron

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Chefrob1027 wrote:Robinson may be on"another level" but his upside is capped by bortles. I just don't see him getting much better, he'll never see the type of volume Keenan does.
Robinson is on pace for 80/1348/12 as a second-year receiver with Bortles. His upside isn't capped. Allen is not going to get 11 targets a game every season.

Chefrob1027
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Chefrob1027 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Well with that logic Hopkins shouldn't my be considered a top tier guy either. I understand me your view as week as the fact that I'm likely in the minority but that's why I play and contribute to the forum. To me Robinson might be the better prospect but Keenan is in a much better situation to consistently produce. Allen contents with Hurns and Thomas for catches, not that he isn't the clear number one but the fact remains. Take it as you will.
SEX PANTHER
Baldwin Crowder
Foster
, Barr

Legatron

Crwdstunna
Captain
Captain

Postby Crwdstunna » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:04 pm

I'd take the Keenan Allen + Matt Jones side
10 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex) 2018 Champ
QB: B Mayfield- D Brees- M Mariota RB: A Kamara- M Ingram- Du Johnson- C Hyde- M Lynch- A Peterson- G Edwards- L Murray- C Warren WR: A Brown- D Hopkins- T Boyd- A Jeffery- S Shepard- N Agholor- D Moncrief- L Fitzgerald- M Goodwin TE: OJ Howard- D Goedert
16 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE)
QB: B Roethlisberger- C Keenum RB: Da Johnson- P Lindsay- J White- F Gore WR: A Thielen- C Kupp- K Golladay- C Sutton- A Miller- Tr Smith TE: OJ Howard- D Goerdert- C Herndon- A Hooper

12 Team PPR Dynasty League (2QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 3FLEX)
QB: C Newton- M Mariota- M Trubisky RB: S Barkley- J Mixon- C McCaffrey- N Hines- C Clement- C Carson WR: S Watkins- J Landry- S Diggs- C Godwin- M Williams- M Lee- K Golladay TE: R Gronkowski- D Njoku- G Kittle- E Ebron

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Chefrob1027 wrote:Well with that logic Hopkins shouldn't my be considered a top tier guy either. I understand me your view as week as the fact that I'm likely in the minority but that's why I play and contribute to the forum. To me Robinson might be the better prospect but Keenan is in a much better situation to consistently produce. Allen contents with Hurns and Thomas for catches, not that he isn't the clear number one but the fact remains. Take it as you will.
Hopkins isn't valuable to me because of his increased targets. He's valuable because he's a 23-year-old stud WR who gets open at will, can beat you deep, can make catches in traffic and runs all the routes you want.

I value talent over situation every time. Valuing situation over talent leads people to think that Joseph Randle is actually really good because he's Dallas' lead RB. The Chargers can add receivers that will take away targets from Allen and alter his situation. That doesn't mean Allen isn't really talented in his own right, but I will never value a player because of targets. Robinson looks like the better receiver to me and has huge upside even with Bortles. Matt Jones isn't very good to me, so I wouldn't view this as an upgrade.

EAK INC.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby EAK INC. » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:48 pm

I'd keep Allen Robinson but I can understand people who like the Keenan Allen side. I don't really like Matt Jones as much as others do so that is somewhat of a factor as well.

harr
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby harr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:07 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Chefrob1027 wrote:Well with that logic Hopkins shouldn't my be considered a top tier guy either. I understand me your view as week as the fact that I'm likely in the minority but that's why I play and contribute to the forum. To me Robinson might be the better prospect but Keenan is in a much better situation to consistently produce. Allen contents with Hurns and Thomas for catches, not that he isn't the clear number one but the fact remains. Take it as you will.
Hopkins isn't valuable to me because of his increased targets. He's valuable because he's a 23-year-old stud WR who gets open at will, can beat you deep, can make catches in traffic and runs all the routes you want.

I value talent over situation every time. Valuing situation over talent leads people to think that Joseph Randle is actually really good because he's Dallas' lead RB. The Chargers can add receivers that will take away targets from Allen and alter his situation. That doesn't mean Allen isn't really talented in his own right, but I will never value a player because of targets. Robinson looks like the better receiver to me and has huge upside even with Bortles. Matt Jones isn't very good to me, so I wouldn't view this as an upgrade.
This. Talent > Situation every time. Situation changes, and often times very quickly. If you're talented, you're talented. I think both ARob and Allen are talented and have a great deal of upside, but I feel like ARob is the better of the two.
@BrianHarrFF

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:20 am

I have Allen and ARob very close. Jones tips the scales.