I was offered M. Bush and D. Hester

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ghost
Role Player
Role Player

I was offered M. Bush and D. Hester

Postby ghost » Mon May 17, 2010 10:53 pm

For S. Holmes and 2.05. I countered with 2.05 and 2.09 but he wants S. Holmes. I have DMC and Holmes is my WR4. Should I offer Holmes alone for Bush and Hester? And would you add the 2.09 to Holmes if he insist on adding a pick to Holmes?

ppr league, start 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 te, 1 flex rb/wr/te, 1 DST, 1 K
my team...

Romo, Tony DAL QB -
Smith, Alex SFO QB -

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB -
Jackson, Fred BUF RB -
Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB -
McFadden, Darren OAK RB -
Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB -
Sheets, Kory MIA RB -
Williams, Ricky MIA RB -

Burleson, Nate DET WR -
Butler, Deon SEA WR -
Doucet, Early ARI WR -
Hardy, James BUF WR -
Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR -
Jackson, Vincent SDC WR -
Marshall, Brandon MIA WR -
Wayne, Reggie IND WR -

Winslow, Kellen TBB TE -

Feely, Jay ARI PK -

Broncos, Denver DEN Def -

Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.09
Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.01
Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.05
Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.09

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon May 17, 2010 11:47 pm

I wouldn't trade with that guy. Best to counter him with Bush for your backup kicker.

Holmes is worth more than Bush or Hester. Even if he came back & offered Bush & Hester for just Santonio, I'd still hit the "decline while laughing" button!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue May 18, 2010 4:40 am

I'd look to find an alternative way to deal Holmes to him and get Bush in return.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

pvballer3915
Captain
Captain

Postby pvballer3915 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:52 am

keep holmes

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue May 18, 2010 5:08 am

That is just a crazy offer. I wouldn't bother with Bush if it's going to cost you THAT much. Walk away...if he really wants Holmes....he'll be back. Trust me! :wink:

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Tue May 18, 2010 5:23 am

Keep Holmes - now is not the time to be dealing Holmes with everything that has happened - his value is in the crapper because of everything that happened off the field - it won't get any worse.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue May 18, 2010 5:35 am

GridIronFavre wrote:Keep Holmes - now is not the time to be dealing Holmes with everything that has happened - his value is in the crapper because of everything that happened off the field - it won't get any worse.
I believe this is definitely the time to sell Holmes. He is going from an offense which put up 4100+ passing yards last season to one which produced a little under 2400. There are only just so many balls to go around in a run-first, defensive minded team... Their most productive WR last season was Cotchery with 57-821-3. In a really good season in New York, Holmes may manage to scrape out 1000 yards...but given the presence of Braylon, Keller, etc. that could be a tall order. He is worth more than what is being offered, but the reason to sell has nothing to do with the off-field issues and everything to do with his 2009 stats being more than what he will manage in New York.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Tue May 18, 2010 5:56 am

skip wrote:
GridIronFavre wrote:Keep Holmes - now is not the time to be dealing Holmes with everything that has happened - his value is in the crapper because of everything that happened off the field - it won't get any worse.
I believe this is definitely the time to sell Holmes. He is going from an offense which put up 4100+ passing yards last season to one which produced a little under 2400. There are only just so many balls to go around in a run-first, defensive minded team... Their most productive WR last season was Cotchery with 57-821-3. In a really good season in New York, Holmes may manage to scrape out 1000 yards...but given the presence of Braylon, Keller, etc. that could be a tall order. He is worth more than what is being offered, but the reason to sell has nothing to do with the off-field issues and everything to do with his 2009 stats being more than what he will manage in New York.
Let me rephrase what I said then. If the other owner is tuned in, now is absolutely not the time to sell Holmes. If the other owner has their head in the clouds and thinks Holmes is going to put up similar numbers in New York, sell him by all means. I agree that his value is going to take a sizable hit in New York, and think that everyone shares that sentiment, which is why I don't see this being a good time to sell, the ship has already sailed, unless of course you can find someone who is out of the loop.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 am

I think bush has a legit shot at winning the RB job in Oakland. I'd try to acquire him for 2nd for sure.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 18, 2010 7:47 am

skip wrote:I'd look to find an alternative way to deal Holmes to him and get Bush in return.
I agree. Holmes value is low right now but I would want more than what's been offered.

ghost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ghost » Tue May 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Ok, I didn't think those two were enough for Holmes alone that is why I countered with two 2nds instead. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. He thinks M. Bush is worth a 1st but I disagree. I do think he is worth my 2.05 especially having DMC on my roster. Thoughts?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue May 18, 2010 4:27 pm

ghost wrote:Ok, I didn't think those two were enough for Holmes alone that is why I countered with two 2nds instead. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. He thinks M. Bush is worth a 1st but I disagree. I do think he is worth my 2.05 especially having DMC on my roster. Thoughts?
I agree.

hostile
Starter
Starter

Postby hostile » Tue May 18, 2010 5:21 pm

ghost wrote:Ok, I didn't think those two were enough for Holmes alone that is why I countered with two 2nds instead. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. He thinks M. Bush is worth a 1st but I disagree. I do think he is worth my 2.05 especially having DMC on my roster. Thoughts?
I paid Portis/2.03 for Bush this offseason and that was about my limit.

No way in hell you land a RB at 2.05 in this year's draft with Bush's talent and situation. Kind of a no-brainer if you can get him for that.

ghost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ghost » Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 pm

hostile wrote:

No way in hell you land a RB at 2.05 in this year's draft with Bush's talent and situation. Kind of a no-brainer if you can get him for that.
That is what he said, lol. And I agree but I don't want to offer my 2.01. Should I consider offering 2.05 and 2.09 for Bush? With all the uncertainty I have at RB...is it worth it to add another one at that price?

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed May 19, 2010 3:22 pm

ghost wrote:
hostile wrote:

That is what he said, lol. And I agree but I don't want to offer my 2.01. Should I consider offering 2.05 and 2.09 for Bush? With all the uncertainty I have at RB...is it worth it to add another one at that price?
I'd drop 2.1 on Bush, but I'm a Bush homer!