Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ppm
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Stefon Diggs

Postby ppm » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Offered the current 2.02 and a pair of 2017 2nds for Diggs and some scraps earlier in the week and couldn't get it done. Going to have to wait for him to cool off a bit before trying again.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:14 am

ppm wrote:Offered the current 2.02 and a pair of 2017 2nds for Diggs and some scraps earlier in the week and couldn't get it done. Going to have to wait for him to cool off a bit before trying again.
No offense, but that's a poor offer even when Diggs has a few pedestrian games.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:35 am

When you have 3 second round picks Diggs is the kind of player you are hoping to hit on with one of those picks. There is no reason to trade him for 3 seconds at this time. You wait until the off season and see what you think you will be able to get for those 3 picks and then decide. Chances are none of those picks will end up as productive as Diggs is now.

Of course player production and value is constantly changing so Diggs may lose value before the draft. But I am holding if that is the best offer I am getting. I am not even interested in a late first round pick for him at this time.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:49 am

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
Cowboysfan33 wrote:I've received all crappy offers for Diggs. It cracks me up that some of the owners think I'll trade him for guys like Jamison Crowder or Jaelen Strong.
I don't think Diggs for Strong is crappy. It's a little low but not crappy IMO

I guess it all depends how you view Strong. I wouldn't trade Diggs for Strong + a 2016 1st, so to me, it was pretty bad.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:48 pm

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
I also don't agree with your last sentence... I viewed Strong as a high second rounder and when he did play he performed well.
When? The 2 random long TDs he had in that 1 game that were basically Hail Marys??
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

SlimJim958
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SlimJim958 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:31 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
I also don't agree with your last sentence... I viewed Strong as a high second rounder and when he did play he performed well.
When? The 2 random long TDs he had in that 1 game that were basically Hail Marys??
Exactly what I was thinking...

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:14 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:

Only one was a hail mary. The other one was a 10 yard flag route where he faked the corner out of his label.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:39 am

SCYCPA wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:
SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:

Only one was a hail mary. The other one was a 10 yard flag route where he faked the corner out of his label.
He didn't fake anyone out. He literally ran a standard corner / fade route from the slot, while the outside WR to his left ran a quick in route under him. The defense looked to be in zone, and BOTH CB's went with the in-breaking WR. The outside CB followed him on the in-route, and the CB that was aligned to strong sat on the in-breaking route as well.

I have no horse in this race and no opinions on Strong as a player / prospect, but just wanted to get the story straight for those that might be making decisions based on the play. It was a player that literally any WR should be able to make.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:28 am

↑↑↑ Yup.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

Pyro_6138
Starter
Starter

Postby Pyro_6138 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Going to just throw in my 2 cents here since I own both Strong and Diggs... No way I'd trade Diggs away for Strong... Don't think it's close Strong hasn't shown much he has flashed but Diggs is looking like the real deal so far... Think Strong is move of the end of the bench stash and wait for him to develop just my opinion tho
10 team .5pt PPR 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, 4DL, 4LB, 4DB

QB- Josh Allen, Garoppalo, Wentz, Pickett
RB- Swift, Josh Jacobs, CEH, Breece, Penny, Pacheco, Josh Kelley, Drake, Keontay Ingram, Hubbard
WR- Godwin, DJM, Cooks, Aiyuk Jeudy, Juju, Reynolds, Pickens,
TE- Andrews, Ertz, Jordan
DL- Leonard Williams, Payne, Ojulari, Franklin-Myers, Tuitt, Greenard,
LB- Shaq Thompson, Anthony Walker, Myles Jack, JOK, Kirksey, Oweh, Ernest Jones, Kyzir White
DB - Jessie Bates, Micah Hyde, Jalen Thompson, Quandre Diggs, Moehrig, Kareem Jackson, Gardner-Johnson

10 Team 4 Keepers IDP, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2WR/TE, 2IDP Flex, 2DL, 3LB 2DB

QB - Mayfield, Carr, Zach Wilson
RB - Chubb, Najee Harris, Ronald Jones, Michel
WR - Hopkins, OBJ, Claypool, Pittman, Sutton, Chase, Rondale Moore
TE - Kittle, Higbee
DL/ LB - Bosa, Shaq Barrett, Reddick, Chubb, Jabril Peppers, Landry, Jaelan Phillips
DB - Byard, Bates, Horn

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm

Pyro_6138 wrote:Going to just throw in my 2 cents here since I own both Strong and Diggs... No way I'd trade Diggs away for Strong... Don't think it's close Strong hasn't shown much he has flashed but Diggs is looking like the real deal so far... Think Strong is move of the end of the bench stash and wait for him to develop just my opinion tho
I don't think anyone would trade Diggs straight up for Strong. Not even Jaelen's mom would take that deal lol. If someone added to the Strong side though I would definitely trade away Diggs. I guess I'm in the minority though

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:05 pm

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
Pyro_6138 wrote:Going to just throw in my 2 cents here since I own both Strong and Diggs... No way I'd trade Diggs away for Strong... Don't think it's close Strong hasn't shown much he has flashed but Diggs is looking like the real deal so far... Think Strong is move of the end of the bench stash and wait for him to develop just my opinion tho
I don't think anyone would trade Diggs straight up for Strong. Not even Jaelen's mom would take that deal lol. If someone added to the Strong side though I would definitely trade away Diggs. I guess I'm in the minority though
I own Strong and Diggs in a league....Diggs>Strong. Someone may be able to label one play where Diggs was "LUCKY" enough to score because of scheme and coverage, but there are plenty of plays I could describe where he shook coverage and created the catch. I won't bother with that. I already traded for him in 2 different league's 2 weeks ago.....before his price ant through the roof. :biggrin:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

mikeheel
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mikeheel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:07 pm

I like Strong long-term. He has decent potential.

But I like Diggs more long-term and much more in the present. He is already past the point of just "having potential" and is proving it on the field. The sample size, although still relatively small, grows every week.

Things could certainly turn the other way at some point in the future, and I can't fault anyone for hoping it might, but you'd be banking on a WAG to believe that it will.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Just moved Diggs in one league for 2 - 2016 1sts. One looks mid the other looks late. Have a deep WR core and he would likely never see my starting lineup so I thought it was decent value, while the other guy just lost a couple guys to injury and is trying to still compete this year.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:58 pm

PierreThePainter wrote:Just moved Diggs in one league for 2 - 2016 1sts. One looks mid the other looks late. Have a deep WR core and he would likely never see my starting lineup so I thought it was decent value, while the other guy just lost a couple guys to injury and is trying to still compete this year.
Very nice move.