Going into MNF: Week 8

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Going into MNF: Week 8

Postby joeday » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Ok everyone its the 2015 version! Time to put your matchups in front of the DLF community heading into the last game of the week. Put all your games that are coming down to MNF and what the situations are. Try to put only close matchups, unless they are leagues you really want to write about.

Bombers (3-4): +51.55 with no players vs. Luck, Fleener (NON PPR) -- If I choke I quit fantasy football. I NEED this win!
One Eyed Snakes 3 (2-5): -30.65 with Cam, Panthers D/ST vs. Hilton (PPR) -- Not much of a chance but not much to post this week.
One Eyed Snakes 6 (6-1): +17.45 with Hilton vs. Cam (PPR) -- Should be interesting.
Mt. Washington Sh!tstorm (4-3): -1.00 with Panthers D/ST vs. no players (PPR) -- Should be fine but you never know.
Sinestro Corps (5-2): +23.35 with Panthers D/ST vs. Luck

I am in 19 leagues, 5 are still contestable while 14 have already gone final. In those 14 I finished 12-2.

How do my matchups look, and what matchups do you guys have?
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Going into MNF: Week 8

Postby BlackOmega » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:07 pm

This was a brutal week with all the injuries, not one of my teams escaped unscathed and matches that seemed to be under control suddenly became wide open. Add in my dubious choice to play John Brown in many of my leagues, figuring {wrongly} that he would at least get 8-9 points which would be better than the assorted fill-ins I had sitting on benches to help cover byes and injuries this week, how wrong I was. But with that said there are still quite a few games in doubt with Monday night yet to play...

Sword of Damocles (5-2): +21.98 with Panthers def against TY Hilton {this is probably going to be a win but if TY goes off that could means the panthers D takes a beating}
Shield of Damocles (6-1): -9.06 with Panthers def against Greg Olsen {this is looking like a loss unless Greg gets bitten by the injury bug early - I'd be fine with an early hangnail that he can't shake until next week!}
Wings of Vengeance (7-0): +10.6 with Andrew Luck and Dwayne Allen against Frank Gore and Ted Ginn Jr. {a toss up, this is one where I should have benched Brown and played Moncrief instead, then I would be in much better shape for tomorrow}
Norse of Course! (4-3): -3.36 with TY Hilton against no opposition {this one is virtually a lock barring the unforseen but after Sunday nothing can be taken for granted}
Midwest Land Sharks (3-4): +22.6 with Andrew Luck against Cam Newton, Greg Olsen, Josh Norman{DB} and Luke Kuechly{LB} {not much chance here unless Luck unleashes a Brees-like aerial circus on Monday night!}
Thunderbirds (6-1): +28.43 with no one left against Cam Newton {doesn't look good but Rodgers only got 6.3 points for me so a bad day could happen}
Birds of Prey (6-1): +2.66 with Donte Moncrief, Vontae Davis{DB} and Kurt Coleman{DB} against Jared Allen{DL} {with modest def scoring here all I need is an average game from Moncrief to easily salt this one away}
Men In Black (5-2): +25.7 with Andrew Luck & Donte Moncrief against Frank Gore {the only reason I'm in this position is A-Rod was his QB this week! Probably will put this in the win column}
The Star Riders (5-2): -1.2 with Donte Moncrief and Thomas Davis{LB} against no one {this should be a win within the first few minutes of the game barring something strange happening}
Shadow Warriors (3-4): +19.75 with no one left against Greg Olsen and Adam Vinatieri{K} {not holding out much hope here and it's PPR to make matters worse}
Gato Pistoleros (5-2): +3.91 with no one left against Mike Adams{DB} and Jerrell Freeman{LB} {only chance here is that the Colts defense misses the plane}
Aces & Eights (6-1): +15.29 with Donte Moncrief against Dwight Lowery{DB} {balanced scoring for IDP in this league but the two should probably cancel out so I would maintain the lead and get the win}
Trondheim Fire Dragons (4-3): +6.86 with Cam Newton against Kawann Short{DL} and Thomas Davis{LB} {after starting 4-0 I'm now staring my 4th straight loss square in the eye, it's almost a no-win, if Cam goes off here I'll lose two other games this week, with my luck he'll do just well enough for me to lose in the others and not good enough to win here!}

I play in 23 leagues all together of those ten have pretty much been settled for a 7-3 record, with the remaining thirteen games still up for grabs I expect I'm looking at a 14-9 or 13-10 week, much worse than I would have hoped for but some weeks the best laid plans simply aren't meant to be!

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:04 am

I'm down 30 with Luck, TY, Olsen and Kuechly (did you guys see his Halloween outfit where he dressed up as Cam Newton?! Lol) up against his Ted Ginn. Feeling pretty confident about it
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:18 am

joeday wrote:Ok everyone its the 2015 version! Time to put your matchups in front of the DLF community heading into the last game of the week. Put all your games that are coming down to MNF and what the situations are. Try to put only close matchups, unless they are leagues you really want to write about.

Bombers (3-4): +51.55 with no players vs. Luck, Fleener (NON PPR) -- If I choke I quit fantasy football. I NEED this win!
One Eyed Snakes 3 (2-5): -30.65 with Cam, Panthers D/ST vs. Hilton (PPR) -- Not much of a chance but not much to post this week.
One Eyed Snakes 6 (6-1): +17.45 with Hilton vs. Cam (PPR) -- Should be interesting.
Mt. Washington Sh!tstorm (4-3): -1.00 with Panthers D/ST vs. no players (PPR) -- Should be fine but you never know.
Sinestro Corps (5-2): +23.35 with Panthers D/ST vs. Luck

I am in 19 leagues, 5 are still contestable while 14 have already gone final. In those 14 I finished 12-2.

I think you will win 3 for sure out of those and a pretty good chance to win 4 out of 5. The 2nd match might be the only one that you don't win.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:28 am

I'm in 16 total leagues, 14 dynasty and 2 redraft leagues. So far, I'm looking at 9-4 in the 13 matchups that are pretty much final. Here are the 3 that could go either way.

+18 with Panthers D going against Cam Newton( one of my 6-1 teams, this should be close)
+26 with Olsen going against Andrew Luck and Graham Gano( PPR team 2 in sig, really need this one)
+2 with Moncrief going against JStew and Panthers D( redraft PPR league, should be close)

I think these could go either way, I might be looking at a 10-6 or 11-5 week.

DLF Series SF TE Premium

DLF Series SF TE Premium

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:02 pm

joeday wrote:Ok everyone its the 2015 version! Time to put your matchups in front of the DLF community heading into the last game of the week. Put all your games that are coming down to MNF and what the situations are. Try to put only close matchups, unless they are leagues you really want to write about.

Bombers (3-4): +51.55 with no players vs. Luck, Fleener (NON PPR) -- If I choke I quit fantasy football. I NEED this win! This got closer than I would have guessed after 50 mins of game time! Won 4 out of my last 5!
One Eyed Snakes 3 (2-5): -30.65 with Cam, Panthers D/ST vs. Hilton (PPR) -- Not much of a chance but not much to post this week. Luck's INT in OT won it for me.
One Eyed Snakes 6 (6-1): +17.45 with Hilton vs. Cam (PPR) -- Should be interesting. If Davis picks off Newton toward the end of regulation I would have won. Hilton getting only 1 catch killed me!
Mt. Washington Sh!tstorm (4-3): -1.00 with Panthers D/ST vs. no players (PPR) -- Should be fine but you never know. This was over very quickly.
Sinestro Corps (5-2): +23.35 with Panthers D/ST vs. Luck Like the Bombers game, it got closer than I thought it would be after 3 quarters.

I went 16-3 this week (and one of those losses I was hoping for)! My best week of fantasy ever!
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 pm

BlackOmega wrote:This was a brutal week with all the injuries, not one of my teams escaped unscathed and matches that seemed to be under control suddenly became wide open. Add in my dubious choice to play John Brown in many of my leagues, figuring {wrongly} that he would at least get 8-9 points which would be better than the assorted fill-ins I had sitting on benches to help cover byes and injuries this week, how wrong I was. But with that said there are still quite a few games in doubt with Monday night yet to play...

Sword of Damocles (5-2): +21.98 with Panthers def against TY Hilton {this is probably going to be a win but if TY goes off that could means the panthers D takes a beating} With TY covered by Norman all night this turned into a laugher of a win
Shield of Damocles (6-1): -9.06 with Panthers def against Greg Olsen {this is looking like a loss unless Greg gets bitten by the injury bug early - I'd be fine with an early hangnail that he can't shake until next week!} No real surprise here, Olsen's TD pass eliminated any chance of a win
Wings of Vengeance (7-0): +10.6 with Andrew Luck and Dwayne Allen against Frank Gore and Ted Ginn Jr. {a toss up, this is one where I should have benched Brown and played Moncrief instead, then I would be in much better shape for tomorrow} This was looking bad as I was losing at one point then Luck woke up in the 4th quarter and I squeaked out a win
Norse of Course! (4-3): -3.36 with TY Hilton against no opposition {this one is virtually a lock barring the unforseen but after Sunday nothing can be taken for granted} wouldn't you know it, PPR and with return yards and it's still a loss by -0.14 points, here's hoping for a scoring adjustment!
Midwest Land Sharks (3-4): +22.6 with Andrew Luck against Cam Newton, Greg Olsen, Josh Norman{DB} and Luke Kuechly{LB} {not much chance here unless Luck unleashes a Brees-like aerial circus on Monday night!} never really in doubt and Luke went crazy on defense so this was a loss
Thunderbirds (6-1): +28.43 with no one left against Cam Newton {doesn't look good but Rodgers only got 6.3 points for me so a bad day could happen} and fortune smiles here, despite his win in the real world, Cam had a bad fantasy day scoring only 12 here so we got the win!
Birds of Prey (6-1): +2.66 with Donte Moncrief, Vontae Davis{DB} and Kurt Coleman{DB} against Jared Allen{DL} {with modest def scoring here all I need is an average game from Moncrief to easily salt this one away} Moncrief was kind of quiet but all the def players scored and mine scored more to secure the win here
Men In Black (5-2): +25.7 with Andrew Luck & Donte Moncrief against Frank Gore {the only reason I'm in this position is A-Rod was his QB this week! Probably will put this in the win column} worried early on with Luck struggles and constant Gore runs but when Luck picked it up at the end this was settled quick
The Star Riders (5-2): -1.2 with Donte Moncrief and Thomas Davis{LB} against no one {this should be a win within the first few minutes of the game barring something strange happening} no PPR here and Davis quiet all night so this is a win by only 1.6 points, another sweat job for stat adjustments later
Shadow Warriors (3-4): +19.75 with no one left against Greg Olsen and Adam Vinatieri{K} {not holding out much hope here and it's PPR to make matters worse} 2 early FG's by Vinatieri were bad then the Olsen TD and it was all over
Gato Pistoleros (5-2): +3.91 with no one left against Mike Adams{DB} and Jerrell Freeman{LB} {only chance here is that the Colts defense misses the plane} they made the plane and this was over in the first few minutes
Aces & Eights (6-1): +15.29 with Donte Moncrief against Dwight Lowery{DB} {balanced scoring for IDP in this league but the two should probably cancel out so I would maintain the lead and get the win} well he closed the gap but I held on for a 10 point win
Trondheim Fire Dragons (4-3): +6.86 with Cam Newton against Kawann Short{DL} and Thomas Davis{LB} {after starting 4-0 I'm now staring my 4th straight loss square in the eye, it's almost a no-win, if Cam goes off here I'll lose two other games this week, with my luck he'll do just well enough for me to lose in the others and not good enough to win here!} Cam did well enough and both Short and Davis had very quiet nights so this turned into a win that wasn't that close in the end

I play in 23 leagues all together of those ten have pretty much been settled for a 7-3 record, with the remaining thirteen games still up for grabs I expect I'm looking at a 14-9 or 13-10 week, much worse than I would have hoped for but some weeks the best laid plans simply aren't meant to be!
It looked bad early in the Monday night game but the Colts waking up in the 4th quarter helped several games swing from losses to wins. I wound up finishing the week at 15-8 overall which is better than I had hoped for

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:07 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote:I'm in 16 total leagues, 14 dynasty and 2 redraft leagues. So far, I'm looking at 9-4 in the 13 matchups that are pretty much final. Here are the 3 that could go either way.

+18 with Panthers D going against Cam Newton( one of my 6-1 teams, this should be close)I held on for a win by 2.40, I was looking good all night until it went into OT then I thought I was beat but still held on to go to 7-1.
+26 with Olsen going against Andrew Luck and Graham Gano( PPR team 2 in sig, really need this one) Won by 11 points, really wasn't close until Luck got some late points.
+2 with Moncrief going against JStew and Panthers D( redraft PPR league, should be close) I never really had a chance after JStew scored but I didn't expect to win it so that's ok.

I think these could go either way, I might be looking at a 10-6 or 11-5 week.
. I was able to win 2 out of 3 of these matchups to go 10-4 in dynasty and 1-1 in redraft this week. Overall,11-5 week and I'm pleased with that.

DLF Series SF TE Premium

DLF Series SF TE Premium

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:02 pm

BlackOmega wrote:
BlackOmega wrote:This was a brutal week with all the injuries, not one of my teams escaped unscathed and matches that seemed to be under control suddenly became wide open. Add in my dubious choice to play John Brown in many of my leagues, figuring {wrongly} that he would at least get 8-9 points which would be better than the assorted fill-ins I had sitting on benches to help cover byes and injuries this week, how wrong I was. But with that said there are still quite a few games in doubt with Monday night yet to play...

Sword of Damocles (5-2): +21.98 with Panthers def against TY Hilton {this is probably going to be a win but if TY goes off that could means the panthers D takes a beating} With TY covered by Norman all night this turned into a laugher of a win
Shield of Damocles (6-1): -9.06 with Panthers def against Greg Olsen {this is looking like a loss unless Greg gets bitten by the injury bug early - I'd be fine with an early hangnail that he can't shake until next week!} No real surprise here, Olsen's TD pass eliminated any chance of a win
Wings of Vengeance (7-0): +10.6 with Andrew Luck and Dwayne Allen against Frank Gore and Ted Ginn Jr. {a toss up, this is one where I should have benched Brown and played Moncrief instead, then I would be in much better shape for tomorrow} This was looking bad as I was losing at one point then Luck woke up in the 4th quarter and I squeaked out a win
Norse of Course! (4-3): -3.36 with TY Hilton against no opposition {this one is virtually a lock barring the unforseen but after Sunday nothing can be taken for granted} wouldn't you know it, PPR and with return yards and it's still a loss by -0.14 points, here's hoping for a scoring adjustment!
Midwest Land Sharks (3-4): +22.6 with Andrew Luck against Cam Newton, Greg Olsen, Josh Norman{DB} and Luke Kuechly{LB} {not much chance here unless Luck unleashes a Brees-like aerial circus on Monday night!} never really in doubt and Luke went crazy on defense so this was a loss
Thunderbirds (6-1): +28.43 with no one left against Cam Newton {doesn't look good but Rodgers only got 6.3 points for me so a bad day could happen} and fortune smiles here, despite his win in the real world, Cam had a bad fantasy day scoring only 12 here so we got the win!
Birds of Prey (6-1): +2.66 with Donte Moncrief, Vontae Davis{DB} and Kurt Coleman{DB} against Jared Allen{DL} {with modest def scoring here all I need is an average game from Moncrief to easily salt this one away} Moncrief was kind of quiet but all the def players scored and mine scored more to secure the win here
Men In Black (5-2): +25.7 with Andrew Luck & Donte Moncrief against Frank Gore {the only reason I'm in this position is A-Rod was his QB this week! Probably will put this in the win column} worried early on with Luck struggles and constant Gore runs but when Luck picked it up at the end this was settled quick
The Star Riders (5-2): -1.2 with Donte Moncrief and Thomas Davis{LB} against no one {this should be a win within the first few minutes of the game barring something strange happening} no PPR here and Davis quiet all night so this is a win by only 1.6 points, another sweat job for stat adjustments later
Shadow Warriors (3-4): +19.75 with no one left against Greg Olsen and Adam Vinatieri{K} {not holding out much hope here and it's PPR to make matters worse} 2 early FG's by Vinatieri were bad then the Olsen TD and it was all over
Gato Pistoleros (5-2): +3.91 with no one left against Mike Adams{DB} and Jerrell Freeman{LB} {only chance here is that the Colts defense misses the plane} they made the plane and this was over in the first few minutes
Aces & Eights (6-1): +15.29 with Donte Moncrief against Dwight Lowery{DB} {balanced scoring for IDP in this league but the two should probably cancel out so I would maintain the lead and get the win} well he closed the gap but I held on for a 10 point win
Trondheim Fire Dragons (4-3): +6.86 with Cam Newton against Kawann Short{DL} and Thomas Davis{LB} {after starting 4-0 I'm now staring my 4th straight loss square in the eye, it's almost a no-win, if Cam goes off here I'll lose two other games this week, with my luck he'll do just well enough for me to lose in the others and not good enough to win here!} Cam did well enough and both Short and Davis had very quiet nights so this turned into a win that wasn't that close in the end

It looked bad early in the Monday night game but the Colts waking up in the 4th quarter helped several games swing from losses to wins. I wound up finishing the week at 15-8 overall which is better than I had hoped for
And sometimes the fantasy gods smile on you, Norse of Course got the scoring adjustment win to boost my overall record for the week to 16-7!