Tough Choice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Tough Choice

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Fri May 07, 2010 1:29 pm

16 team Contract League 0.5 PPR 1QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 WR/RB

The trade offered is as follows:

I get: Steven Jackson 8/1

I give: Lesean McCoy 1/4, Michael Bush 3/4, 2011 2nd

My problem with this deal is that really here its not looking at value but more actual overall production. As well as S-Jax is only signed for one year while the others are for 4 and in the FA bidding although I will have resigning rights, he will still go for a very high number due to the way the league has been set up in the 1st year and also with Chris Johnson and Calvin Johnson both having one year deals there will be no way to sign all of them and it will be harf to get 2 of them as well. My final issue with this is that going into FA where the top players are low end WR like Schillens, Murphy etc and the top RB is Lendale white and after that a huge drop is that with this deal my overal lineup might not be as strong.

My lineup is as follows:

Rodgers- Signed for 4 year
Calvin Johnson- Signed for 1 year, Greg Jennings- Signed for 4 years, Damian Williams- signed for 4 years
Chris Johnson- Signed for 1 year, Lesean McCoy- Signed for 4 years
(OAK) Zach Miller- Signed for 5 years
Michael Bush- Signed for 4 years

And I have no depth right now while others teams have an average of 4 players on their bench going into FA, there reason behind this is that I have traded to get guys through using depth guys.
So would I be better off with S-Jax or without him? I think with him I have a good shot at winning this year a very good shot actually but then again with no depth right now the combined production of McCoy and Bush compared to Jackson and some low FA guy but lean to McCoy and Bush.

Well i will stop rambiling on now and that you guys anwser, thanks guys!

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Tough Choice

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri May 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Who Dey~Cincy wrote:16 team Contract League 0.5 PPR 1QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 WR/RB

The trade offered is as follows:

I get: Steven Jackson 8/1

I give: Lesean McCoy 1/4, Michael Bush 3/4, 2011 2nd

My problem with this deal is that really here its not looking at value but more actual overall production. As well as S-Jax is only signed for one year while the others are for 4 and in the FA bidding although I will have resigning rights, he will still go for a very high number due to the way the league has been set up in the 1st year and also with Chris Johnson and Calvin Johnson both having one year deals there will be no way to sign all of them and it will be harf to get 2 of them as well. My final issue with this is that going into FA where the top players are low end WR like Schillens, Murphy etc and the top RB is Lendale white and after that a huge drop is that with this deal my overal lineup might not be as strong.

My lineup is as follows:

Rodgers- Signed for 4 year
Calvin Johnson- Signed for 1 year, Greg Jennings- Signed for 4 years, Damian Williams- signed for 4 years
Chris Johnson- Signed for 1 year, Lesean McCoy- Signed for 4 years
(OAK) Zach Miller- Signed for 5 years
Michael Bush- Signed for 4 years

And I have no depth right now while others teams have an average of 4 players on their bench going into FA, there reason behind this is that I have traded to get guys through using depth guys.
So would I be better off with S-Jax or without him? I think with him I have a good shot at winning this year a very good shot actually but then again with no depth right now the combined production of McCoy and Bush compared to Jackson and some low FA guy but lean to McCoy and Bush.

Well i will stop rambiling on now and that you guys anwser, thanks guys!
id be looking to move jackson for someone with a longer term contract... the same goes for calvin, and cj2.24 ... those players will go for an outrageous amount in FA... in one league im in with only 250$ worth of roster spots... moss went for 74$ two years ago... thats alot of change. elite players are going to go for high, high dollar amounts, regardless of the total cap number.

when players are traded in my contract league, they can then be reassigned a new contract from the new owner.. how do your contracts work?

Who Dey~Cincy
Starter
Starter

Postby Who Dey~Cincy » Fri May 07, 2010 4:24 pm

@thewhyterrabbit: It would be very hard to move any of them for longer contracts due to the fact that the way the league started by picking teams all studs are either locked up for multiple years or have 1 year deals.

In terms of trade and resigning rights, when a player is traded the contract stays the same. In terms of resigning rights once a bid is made say for CJ and it last 48 hours then I will have 24 hours to boost the bid up by 1 dollar and therefore I will be able to get him, my concern is that all of these guys will go very high as all owners will have somewhere between 40-60 dollars available.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri May 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Who Dey~Cincy wrote:@thewhyterrabbit: It would be very hard to move any of them for longer contracts due to the fact that the way the league started by picking teams all studs are either locked up for multiple years or have 1 year deals.

In terms of trade and resigning rights, when a player is traded the contract stays the same. In terms of resigning rights once a bid is made say for CJ and it last 48 hours then I will have 24 hours to boost the bid up by 1 dollar and therefore I will be able to get him, my concern is that all of these guys will go very high as all owners will have somewhere between 40-60 dollars available.
yea... you're concern is very valid. id move them for whatever you can get... then you can bid for them next offseason... id probably move them for multiple rookie picks, since it seems thats how you can acquire lengthy contracts?

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Agree with the guys before.

I wouldn't be selling M.Bush. He's under rated and I think he's going to break out this year.